Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 02-09-2011, 02:28 AM
RisenPhoenix

Knowing changing the outcome. Can anyone relate??

Part of me wonders what my life would be like if I never ever got a psychic/tarot reading. I started going to this very convincingly accurate tarot reading psychic in my early twenties under the coercion of a friend. We became addicted to it, getting several readings a year. Any new relationship or relationship issue or work issue or gut feeling about something was cause to get clarification through a reading. This reader was right about a lot of things and anyone locally who has gone to see her raves about her accuracy but in hindsight I feel like I was mislead a bit in certain situations. Granted I had the choices to make and I made my own choices thinking and/or feeling I was doing what was best for me. I just wonder now what things would have been like if I didn't have a knowledge in the form of a piece of the future that I was always trying to make fit when the time came about as a deciding factor.

For instance if I have in my mind certain things that were predicted surrounding a relationship that was predicted to be positive and lead to marriage I would ignore signals within myself and signs that the person wasn't good for me simply because the circumstances surrounding the person fit into the prediction which was presented to me in a positive light, yet the outcome and circumstances weren't REALLY desireable for me...as time would prove, or perhaps they were good but not as 'satisfying' as I thought they would be.

I don't know, I feel like because of readings and not trusting mySELF and GOD first and foremost I've gone through a series of hard lessons in life that make me go.."Why did I even put myself in that position in the first place?" or "I knew better than that.." It's like I started off in my young adult life being so smart, intelligent even and at some point I got stupid.

There were things this lady use to predict I would accomplish in life and although I'm still working on those things, I feel like I would be so much further along my path if I didn't veer off to the distractions that were placed in my path. For the first time in my life I'm even feeling like I must have even changed this great future that was predicted so long ago where I would be successful in my craft. As if knowing has changed the outcome...

I know I can't change the fact that I would go and get those readings and the decisions I made because of (or in spite of) them. But I just can't shake the feeling of regret over the past 10 years of my life. I'm turning 30 in a few weeks..maybe this has something to do with the way I'm feeling.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:40 AM
RisenPhoenix

I know I need to reeastablish my relationship with God. I began my journey back to God a few years ago and really reached a spiritually fulfilled place which had me at peace with the different roads my life has taken, feeling confident in what God had in store for my future. Content to not 'take a peek'. Just for the most part having faith. I was to the point of feeling adamant of never going to see her for a reading again. That feeling was great!

My recent (failed) relationship disconnected me from my communication with God/Spirit. I feel like it was due to a number of things. He was soooo distracting and invasive of my thoughts, contacting me first thing in the morning, and several times alll through the day, being the last person I spoke to at night. When it used to be the first thing I'd do in the morning is pray and read my bible and the last thing at night the same, that was replaced with responding to his text or phone call. I regret the relationship because of that and mad at myself for allowing him to take me off my spiritual path. By the time it was over I was off my spiritual exercise so much that i went back to that reader recently (after several years) for clarification and confirmation about it. With the help of the information in the reading and just some common sense on my part I dismissed him when he tried to come back into my life.

During that reading she predicted something that I do NOT want to come to pass. I'm bent on changing it because I do not feel it's necessary for me to go through to change what I need to change regarding the type of men I keep attracting. (needy, immature, pretenders, and liars) She said there would be one more of this type of guy before meeting the man that would truly be good to me and good for me. I refuse to let that happen and I have not taken it as a prediction to come to pass but as a warning to avoid it.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:48 PM
RisenPhoenix

Well, ignore my ramblings above. Perhaps I just needed to vent that out last night. I would delete but..I'll leave it. My mood sways a bit and today I'm feeling like I'm determined to have a good future regardless of what my past looks like. I'm going to work on keeping my perception positive and keeping my energy high rather than low and focus on attracting/manifesting progress and success into my life...

However still on the subject of 'knowing changing the outcome'. Does anyone make a practice of making effort to change the bad outcomes of a reading once you are aware of it if it is in your power to?

When my reader said there would be one more loser before my prince comes (the man I would eventually marry and build a family with), she said that loser will make me change whatever it is that allows these types of men into my life.

What I felt from that is, I do not need to go through dating another loser to change what I need to change to welcome a good man into my life. I felt the reading itself addressed and brought to my attention my need to change...I basically need to stop letting persistent charmers, charm their way into my life and look beyond the character these types play in the beginning when trying to get me to fall for them. When my first reaction rejects the guy, it's usually for good reason and I have to stick to it no matter how hard the guy tries. And I have to know what I'm looking for and stand for it so I don't fall for anything.

So in this case knowing, I plan on changing the outcome. I kind of already did in a sense with the ex trying to come back. Looking into the possibility of me taking him back into my life, I got the 9 of Swords and the information that he'd still have the female he started seeing after our breakup around him and he'd be seeing us both. I definately wanted to avoid that 9 of Swords circumstance so I rejected him when he contacted me. That action changed the outcome.

My goal is to be single and focus on working on myself until Mr. Forever comes. I'm through with wasting time, emotion and energies with Mr. Right Now's.

I don't believe I had the maturity to utilize the readings as much as I did in the past. I was clouded with a very "what's meant to be will be" mentality and felt at times I may have compromised my intellect and ignored my instincts due to what was said in readings letting everything "play out" and taking the advice of the reader rather than listening to my own inner voice. I now have the understanding that our free will is so much more powerful and we CAN change some aspects of a reading if we don't like what we hear.

The tricky thing is when you DO like what you are told, will you still examine all sides of the opportunity once it's presented as if you didn't have an idea about the outcome? If someone looks out the window and tells you the sky is blue, it's still a good idea to take a good look at it yourself, you might conclude that it's purple.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Docha

Awww, well if I read I do introspection reads, and if I'm begged for possible future, I repeatedly tell the seeker to above all else listen to their gut! That the read outcome can be changed due to choices!

If a psychic tells me something, I am determined myself to prove it wrong, and I have plenty! I create my own life, but now and again I am thrown a bit of destiny ...so I laugh.

Honestly, the first knowledge anyone should have, is tarot readers are biased from their own perspective, psychics see but then interprate..trust yourself always. You're choices were good ones, there is only hard and harder. Not good/bad or easy/difficult. The other path would have carried different challenges. That is all.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:41 AM
RisenPhoenix

Thanks Docha! I like what you said about the other path carrying different challenges. This thought also pulls me away from the 'what if I did this instead' thoughts because ultimately I did make the choices that seemed right to me at the time and I can't dwell on whether or not I would be in a better place. I'm thankful for what I've learned on the paths I did choose.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:57 AM
windsandwaves

loss of ambition

Hi everyone, i was reading this page to see if i could relate. I Recently had a short tarot reading even though my gut had always told me to avoid it. Long story short i heard what my intuition was telling me all along and towards the end of the reading i drew the start card and was told by the psychic of my very bright future. This may not sound like a problem, and people i have told dont understand.
I feel i was finding my destiny about 2 years ago and i knew there was alot of hard work ahead of me but that was great because its what i loved and have always wanted to do with my life, most importantly i was driven by a goal. After seeing the psychic and being told that i was going to reach what i was after has left me feeling very lost. I feel as though something inside me is changing the fact that i have been told i can get what i want is removing the drive i needed to achive it, like i know the end of the story before it has even started.
Im not sure if i sound selfish or if someone relates but i really wish i never saw the possible future.