Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 10-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Guide

Bus on a Water Slide

I was the only passenger sitting on the right side of a bus, which was up high in the air on a black water slide (there was no water on the slide). There were different types of roads and tracks all over the place, some like rollercoaster tracks. The sky was white, and I remember looking out the window, looking at distant cityscapes.

My own thought is that this dream implies that my current journey in life is emotional. The slide being black could represent the unknown, which is the cause of my emotions. However, the bus was actually static at that point, and with no flowing of water (or emotions), it could mean that I'm feeling stuck amongst it all. These things would make sense to me at this point in my life, though I'm not sure. Any other thoughts regarding the dream would be appreciated.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
I tend to agree. Rollercoasters are the ups and downs of life. Black very well represents the unknown and being on a rollercoaster feels like being in the middle of uncertainty not sure when the next fall will be. It can be exhilarating and scary at the same time. The fact there was no water indicates to me that in such situations you tend to keep your emotions suppressed. This can be a helpful thing when life feels overwhelming and scary but at some point you will want to allow them a voice. So maybe consider being stoic when you are dealing with life but spend some time at the end of the day allowing yourself to feel the fear, insecurity, upset, frustration, or whatever else it is you are feeling to come out. If we do not process the emotions they can build up into a monster later on. But maintaining composure in the face of uncertainty can help us get through a tough situation or circumstance. The one thing I will add is that being on a bus could mean that this situation is something that is societal related. Being on a bus can mean going with the social norm or way of doing things. So something you may feel socially obligated to do.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Guide

Spot on, Michelle.

Last evening, I was walking with a relative to a bus stop, and I was telling them that since December, I've been going backwards in life. My emotions and feelings have been very suppressed because I no longer liked telling people about myself, but in the last few months, I've been cracking, so to speak, because a part of me has been dying to express myself and tell people things that have been going on. I told this person that I'm sick of living with a facade, pretending to everybody that life is great when it's getting worse and I'm struggling more and more each week. Some of these things have been coming to a surface this very week, and I have felt at a standstill, no matter what I do, because as much as my surroundings may change, something inside feels stuck. A lot of these things do also relate to society and social situations and other related things. Also, as you said, I haven't been allowing myself to feel frustrated or scared, etc, instead fighting with myself whenever such feelings come up. So, it probably means that this water slide is very much in need of water in order for things to flow again.

Any thoughts regarding the cityscapes? I wonder if perhaps they represent me feeling alone and distant from everything, or if that's the target that I need to reach.

It's amazing how such a brief dream can be so accurate.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator
Cities and skylines can represent your social environment and sense of community. Being a big city likely means you feel like you are just a number in a crowd maybe insignificant in the grand scheme of things and that there is a lot of hustle and bustle going on. It can be hard to compete and keep up with a big city mentality. I lean towards this interpretation because of the other symbols but if you felt excited to see the city it could mean you are opening up to a bigger social network and expanding your horizons to a more fast paced way of life.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
I also think it is good to hear you are tired of pretending and trying to hide your emotions. We think it is a good idea to do so but doing so really just adds an extra layer of disharmony to our energy. The emotions just kind of stew and don't really leave leaving us uneasy and on edge. It is kind of an uncomfortable way to live but it can be hard to even see we are doing it in the first place. Just noticing we are doing it is a good first step. Giving ourselves permission to feel all the negative emotions is another big hurdle. Then learning to manage them is where our freedom lies. It's a process and it sounds like you are well on your way working through it.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Guide

I was somewhat delighted and impressed to see the cityscapes, but then I do like cityscapes. I'd say it's a bit of both, but lean more towards your first interpretation of it. It has been an informative dream for me.

Thanks Michelle.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:19 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Dragon
I was the only passenger sitting on the right side of a bus, which was up high in the air on a black water slide (there was no water on the slide). There were different types of roads and tracks all over the place, some like rollercoaster tracks. The sky was white, and I remember looking out the window, looking at distant cityscapes.

This dream sounds pretty awesome... Where do I sign up for this one?

Old 11-02-2016, 05:37 AM
Master
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Dragon

Being alone could represent a greater movement required in you at this time through self reflection to open to see more of yourself. The right side is often depicted as masculine side or the side to be more pro active in your life to let go and move. Being high up in the air might represent that avoidance, with the coming back down to reality emerging and the black could be the shadow aspect of you your going to connect too. The sky being white might indicate the spiritual essence of all life, purity, the tracks and roads show the nature of the unknown your moving through or about too, the paths are all there, but your really don't know where this slide down will lead you. No water could indicate *lack of feeling* and perhaps opening to more through the process coming. Initally it might be a slide down to link you in away where by you want have to enter into heavy emotions more aware of the fall and aware of the slide. A little more conscious as you show in your understanding below.The city view indicates what is up ahead and often this can represent something greater coming in relation to this journey. A greater connection in you. The window of opportunity that lays waiting..

Quote:
My own thought is that this dream implies that my current journey in life is emotional. The slide being black could represent the unknown, which is the cause of my emotions. However, the bus was actually static at that point, and with no flowing of water (or emotions), it could mean that I'm feeling stuck amongst it all. These things would make sense to me at this point in my life, though I'm not sure. Any other thoughts regarding the dream would be appreciated.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 11-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Master
the cityscapes are the future... where the bus will deliver you eventually.
the is no motion for you due to your repressed emotions.
here's the thing: it's not just YOUR journey, but also all the others on the bus with you!
you're the only one on the "right side" (the others are "wrong", meaning out of position).
allowing your emotions to flow will deliver all of you to your cityscape destination - together.
the position of being "high in the air" indicates that you've plenty of "potential energy" (let gravity help you out... you need little effort).
take your time and don't hurry about things... enjoy the journey!
Old 11-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Master
by NOT repressing yourself, by being a more authentic version of yourself,
you help usher in a more expansive world - for you and all those in your venue.
here's a couple (oldie) tunes that have nothing to do with your dream:
Colour My World- Chicago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swHjpyrV1e8
CHICAGO Wishing You Were Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSVpl-WZq40