Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 11-04-2017, 03:41 PM
Guide

Past Loved One Message

Backstory: my family is in turmoil at the moment...dad is in hospital and meanwhile, mom ran off with her not so secret boyfriend. My dad has been disabled for 20 years and my mom is going mentally insane. My dad's mother, my grandma, passed away about 5 years ago.

Last night I had a dream I was at my deceased grandmas house but it wasn't her house. It was a huge, beautiful, open airy and bright home with extra high ceilings and skylights everywhere. There was art displayed all over the walls, kind of like a museum. I was admiring the artwork when I came across an alcove that had a beautiful black and white photo of my uncle (my dads brother, grandmas other son) and next to it a photo of my uncles wife. Opposite their photos was a beautiful black and white of my dad (in excellent health, I might add..looking like he was in a men's fragrance ad), but...no photo of my mother.

I see this as a clear sign of my grandmas disapproval of my mothers behavior. I feel my grandma connected with me through artwork and photos because she knew my whole life I have a passion for art.

Nothing was said in the dream. Just a very clear, vivid dream with what I take as a strong message. I could only hear myself in the dream commenting how beautiful everything was.

Kind of neat!
Old 11-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Seeker
Hey Lucky, that sounds like a very interesting dream. I'm no expert in interpreting them, but if I were in your shoes I probably would have drawn the same conclusion about its meaning :)

Might there perhaps be a meaning behind the pictures specifically being in black and white? Maybe it's just the way you like to see them though ;)

- Limerence
Old 11-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Master
i figure that there was room enough for your mothers picture to be displayed too.
i don't have the feeling that your grandma is showing disapproval; i have the
impression that the photos are in place due to the loving energy provided by
the people they are representing. your mother is presently withdrawing her
lifeforce from associating with those folk, and that seems the cause for her
photo not being in attendance.
things might still change however, since the black and white nature of those
photos gives the vibe of being not fully fleshed out as yet.
i think that you're right about it not being her house; this is a museum, her
domicile would be more practical i'd wager.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator
My impression is there is possibly some black and white thinking on your fathers side. Your mother is not a part of this factor and so wasn't highlighted. Does your fathers side tend to look at things from an all or nothing perspective? Well regardless I don't suspect it had anything to do with disapproval of your mother but the fact that came to you is an indication that you disapprove and I can see why. Regardless of any long term circumstances your mother committed to being there for better and worse and so she is dumping her responsibilities on you and that is upsetting and not fair of her. I send best wishes to you and your father.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:35 PM
Suspended

The dream means your Dad can easily get another girlfriend so you
should not be concerned that your Mother has gone with another man.
It also means you should make sure he gets out in the sunshine at the hospital.
There should be a sunny area you could go to during your visits
Old 11-04-2017, 06:56 PM
Ascender
Perhaps the purpose of the black and white photos are simply to strike a balance with the surrounding color. Sometimes dreams fade so fast that fear of forgetting present dissonance within the images, in order to keep as many dream fragments as possible.
Remember, Freud said that positives and negatives can sit side by side, and sometimes can even overlap - almost as if both sides of the brain are firing simultaneously.
The fact that the black and white photos were in an alcove could mean that they are positioned at the entrance of a doorway, and the source of the message.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfection
... you should make sure he gets out in the sunshine at the hospital.
There should be a sunny area you could go to during your visits.

... precisely. I suspect the alcove is a subtle blend of almonds and apricot.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Guide

Great insight from all of you, and I think some of you are very intuitive also.

Horace: great observation and you seem to have the right idea of my grandma. She was extremely thrifty and even in heaven would live very simply. This was more like a museum, yes...grandma was just there as a guide I suppose. Also as you said my mom withdrawing her life force..absolutely, as yesterday she texted my brother we can all watch her die again (she tried to kill herself a few years ago).

Michelle: despite my dads MS affecting his thinking, he has always been spiritual and open minded. Mom on the other hand doesn't believe in anything. You're right, she is dumping everything on us 4 kids and guilting us also. I'm disgusted. Thank you so much for your best wishes :)

Perfection: pretty accurate picture except he was like fresh out of the ocean all wet with longish hair like back in the 70s. I am hoping he gets out Thursday but I do feel guilty for not taking him out in the sunshine. I guess I'm trying to avoid if he asks me how is mom. :(
Old 11-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Guide

Hmmm...interesting thought kine Lea
Old 11-04-2017, 07:11 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
Perhaps the purpose of the black and white photos are simply to strike a balance with the surrounding color. Sometimes dreams fade so fast that fear of forgetting present dissonance within the images, in order to keep as many dream fragments as possible.
Remember, Freud said that positives and negatives can sit side by side, and sometimes can even overlap - almost as if both sides of the brain are firing simultaneously.
The fact that the black and white photos were in an alcove could mean that they are positioned at the entrance of a doorway, and the source of the message.

edit:

... precisely. I suspect the alcove is a subtle blend of almonds and apricot.

The paint color on the walls of this "museum" was a nice almond color..not stark white but a beautiful soft almond
Old 11-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator
Black and white thinking doesn't make a person less spiritual. It simply means we have less gray area in our thinking for example if we aren't perfect that means we are worthless. There is no room for human flaws and is usually judgement directed towards our own faults. This said if it doesn't fit then it doesn't fit but it can be very subtle and something we don't notice unless we listen to our dialogue closely. You have every right to be angry at your mother and tell her as much. I hope you are not accepting her guilt. You don't deserve that either.