Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 19-12-2014, 10:20 AM
Deactivated Account

I just realised I wrote "master and teacher", I meant to write "master and student", lol.
Old 19-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Off the top, I would say, the Master is one that not only has
experienced great and profound Truths or Reality...
for whatever reason, or how it was done...has now maintained a certain 'frequency'
or level of awareness and understanding...not letting it go like sand slipping thru their fingers.

yes...

But I'm no master myself though. I've only had glimpses of cool states - and they only came when I tried REALLY hard to achieve them.

I've yet to figure out a way to get to these states while maintaining a "normal" life.

Sure, maybe if I meditated for 5 hours every day ... but I don't want to sacrifice everything else...
Old 19-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Friend

Everyone else is wrong

A master is someone who is skillful in something, and can teach you how to do it if you listen carefully and follow instructions. It's literally as simple as that.
Old 19-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend
Everyone else is wrong

A master is someone who is skillful in something, and can teach you how to do it if you listen carefully and follow instructions. It's literally as simple as that.

But where do you set the bar for 'skillful'? There are lesser and greater levels of skillful and it all depends on where everyone else is in relation to you.

It doesn't have substance on its own.
Old 19-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Pathfinder

Are we talking spiritual masters here?
A spiritual master would never accept the "master" label. It comes from the ego, and while ego serves us well (despite what many may think) in this existence it has no job in the One. A master as we call it in a more loose way, like a teacher, would rather be called a guide, because it wont show us the answers, it would guide us to them.
A Master/Guide will teach you how to fish, and not fish for you, the same way it will show you knowledge, not orders.
The true guide will not see himself as more wise, but he will see the student does not remember all that he knows and will softly guide him towards recognition.

My two cents
Old 19-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Master
Hi,

Only a master would accept the status of "master" and live their life accordingly.

A truly wise person can learn from a fool or student if you wish to use that term. Wisdom is a forever evolving process for any human that only the wise can appreciate.

Humility does not void self awareness but sustains it as I see these things.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 20-12-2014, 01:53 AM
Neville

I really have to check myself sometimes...You know how Ice can burn you..You also know how Genius and Madness are split hair apart.. Well more possibly than not...Masters are Students too,, a sure indicator to me, at least, that your very best guidance and learning emanates ultimately from within. Yep, Your very own (higher) self. Others will only ever be able to communicate their individually accrued wisdom to you.
Old 20-12-2014, 04:50 AM
Master
a teacher learns from the student as the student also learns from the teacher.
Old 20-12-2014, 06:33 AM
Guide
A master is someone who has mastered..... something. Just because someone has mastered something doesn't mean that they are skilled at teaching it. That's a whole separate skill entirely. I don't see any problem with the label of "Master" either in and of itself. If there's an issue, it's that people are immature. If i'm a machinest, id say that's what I am. If i'm a manager I'd say that too.

The problem with spiritual mastery to me is the baseline by which it's measured. If you can manage to maintain satori for 12 hours straight, I'd say you're at least qualified to instruct others. If you can maintain it for 24 hours straight, id say you were a master of that thing and I would be asking you for tips.

If you can control your blood vessels to cut off bleeding with just your mind, (like some monks can do) I'd say you were a master of a whole lot of things.

Last edited by Riboflavin : 20-12-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 20-12-2014, 06:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
A master is someone who has mastered..... something. Just because someone has mastered something doesn't mean that they are skilled at teaching it. That's a whole separate skill entirely. I don't see any problem with the label of "Master" either in and of itself. If there's an issue, it's that people are immature. If i'm a machinest, id say that's what I am. If i'm a manager I'd say that too.

Being a machinist doesn't imply that you know the Truth. 'Master' (in the spiritual sense) does.

Quote:
The problem with spiritual mastery to me is the baseline by which it's measured. If you can manage to maintain satori for 12 hours straight, I'd say you're at least qualified to instruct others. If you can maintain it for 24 hours straight, id say you were a master of that thing and I would be asking you for tips.

If you can control your blood vessels to cut off bleeding with just your mind, (like some monks can do) I'd say you were a master of a whole lot of things.

Yea, the miracles are good entertainment.