Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-02-2018, 03:50 PM
Master

Many humans believe they can rationalize and intellectualize anything which is folly, especially when it comes concepts such as "absolute truth" which can very well be a false construct. After all, who came up with the concepts of absolute vs relative truth...humans that who.

Though we have some very limited knowledge about the physical universe, existence and the spiritual realms, they cannot yet be fully explained by humankind (we are not even close) and attaching the concept of absolute truth to any of it is silly.

The reality (not truth) is we don't know what we don't know and its folly to think that we do and that concepts such as absolute truth can be proven to be the nature of all that exists at this point in our evolution.

The best we can do is to continue to evolve, gather knowledge and experience and keep and open mind about the validity or invalidity of past, present and future knowledge and logic.
Old 21-02-2018, 05:44 PM
Knower

the truth of all passings why would you seek this nourishment within your passings, therefore by knowing that a day that isn't in your reach for that day is waiting for your passings so you may once again reach for the day that isn't yours to give your truthful means of insight for it is of a grand design why unravvel it
Old 21-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Many humans believe they can rationalize and intellectualize anything which is folly, especially when it comes concepts such as "absolute truth" which can very well be a false construct. After all, who came up with the concepts of absolute vs relative truth...humans that who.

Though we have some very limited knowledge about the physical universe, existence and the spiritual realms, they cannot yet be fully explained by humankind (we are not even close) and attaching the concept of absolute truth to any of it is silly.

The reality (not truth) is we don't know what we don't know and its folly to think that we do and that concepts such as absolute truth can be proven to be the nature of all that exists at this point in our evolution.

The best we can do is to continue to evolve, gather knowledge and experience and keep and open mind about the validity or invalidity of past, present and future knowledge and logic.

Well said.

Often people state as fact something that is clearly a belief.

An ancient book or teacher tried to piece together the universe & the modern still cling to it for dear life.

Why do we no longer give this sort of credit to Greek or Egyptian Gods? How about Norse or African tales of how things came to be?

There is a door of perception that people choose to bolt shut yet from behind it they scream & complain that the world is passing them by.

It is true, we don't know - simply because we don't.

There is hope to anyone however - the Gorilla was considered a myth by the West until 1847 - the Panda also until 1869. It's hard to imagine either being denied now however we do have recorded proof.

That is all anyone asks for who is still on the fence.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 28-02-2018, 04:41 AM
Master
Outside the mental concept of a perceived truth, an absolute Truth exists.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:27 AM
boshy b. good

Quote:
absolute trruth

a all wisdom.

let me try

Sticking to a belong be all there
be to much. muscle's wanted
of a type :

just wisdom try'd out :

Last edited by boshy b. good : 03-03-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Outside the mental concept of a perceived truth, an absolute Truth exists.

Beautiful !

I think about this all the time.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
The truth is that you believe that outside the mental concept of a perceived truth, an absolute Truth exists; but science has the idea that our consciousness is quantum, in which case what you may be calling absolute truth is quantum entanglement with the field of probability. The human brain has micro-tubules that are 'quantum capable'.

The truth and whether it's absolute or not is relative to ones own agenda and nobody talks about the truth, they talk about their perceptions or beliefs of its existence and absoluteness or relativity.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 No Brainer

Absolute Truth:

the can exist five and only five, regular symemtrical --and convex-- polyhedra of Universe.

relative truth:

The sky is blue.

There exists many no brainer answers to this question.

Brain { nervous system } of humans access metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts

Brain { nervous systems } sees cow fall over cliff. Metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts relates falling to a invisible forces of a something identified as Universe.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 11-03-2018, 03:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The truth is that you believe that outside the mental concept of a perceived truth, an absolute Truth exists; but science has the idea that our consciousness is quantum, in which case what you may be calling absolute truth is quantum entanglement with the field of probability. The human brain has micro-tubules that are 'quantum capable'.

The truth and whether it's absolute or not is relative to ones own agenda and nobody talks about the truth, they talk about their perceptions or beliefs of its existence and absoluteness or relativity.

When you say "you" in your first sentence, if you are making a general but not absolute statement about humanity, I can agree. If you are referring to me specifically, I disagree.

As far as the rest, you make some good points. I would add that quantum can be variable and not fixed.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:35 PM
Master
I think there is a highly relativist 'reality' outside of the physical reality, where thoughts can make 'reality' quite literally. A world of illusion. Our physical reality is like that but up to a point, as we do have certainties in this world. But beyond Illusion, I believe that there is an absolute truth, from a 'soul' perspective.