Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 08-02-2015, 02:15 AM
Experiencer
First live reading today *exhausted*

Today was the first reading I did for someone face-to-face outside of my development class.

I have done readings in class, and distant readings for some on this message board, but this was the first test of all I have learned in the past 6 months.

It went well, I made connections the sitter was able to validate and feel connected to, I came up with some validations and it was 60 minutes overall. I thought it was a really neat learning experience for me, and she said it helped her on a path to healing, so all in all a success.

Now i am absolutely drained, like cant keep my eyes opened exhausted. I'm a new mom so I know exhausted, this is a different level. Normal?

How do some of you who do a few readings a day do it? is there anyhting I can do to help my energy levels?

thanks! :)
Old 08-02-2015, 03:42 AM
Master
I don't read much but my dad used to do like said: all day long. His practice was a short meditation before and after to reconnect to himself, move out the issues and energy of the client and regain his state of neutrality.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Experiencer
Yes I didn't do a meditation afterwards, I went to the sitters house so it felt awkward but something I'll consider in the futures! Thanks !
Old 08-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Master
I got that exhausted, when I am doing a lot of healing work for others. It is definitely a tiredness on a whole new level of being. For me, I find that I need to shield myself in a way that reflects back anything that is draining me of my energy.. Once I do that, within a few minutes I find myself perking back up.

So, grounding, afterwards, and shielding yourself are good ways to perk up your energy.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Master
Grounding before too, you should be grounded and centered (Present in body) at the very least before doing almost any energy work. Also, some excercise to (re)establish your neutral state as reader should prove helpful in keeping other people's energies from overwhelming you in this way.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Experiencer
Thank you! and grounding can be just envisioning white light from me into the roots of the earth?

Thanks all for your replies :)
Old 08-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenifly
Thank you! and grounding can be just envisioning white light from me into the roots of the earth?

Thanks all for your replies :)

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=80936

This thread has a description of grounding, how and why it is used, as well as some other tools you might find helpful
Old 08-02-2015, 10:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
Grounding before too, you should be grounded and centered (Present in body) at the very least before doing almost any energy work. Also, some excercise to (re)establish your neutral state as reader should prove helpful in keeping other people's energies from overwhelming you in this way.

Some feel that grounding before keeps them too much in the body, and prevents them from being able to connect with spirit. Others don't believe in grounding at all.

I find that we are all different, and will find different ways of doing what works best for them.

So try everything you can, and see how it helps, or hinders you, and go from there.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:20 AM
Knower
+1 With Grounding, Centering and Protecting.

I'd also add to make sure you close down properly too as that can drain you and also leave you open to unwanted attatchments.

Ask for protection, not just over you but for the person you are reading for and the place you are in, especially if it's your home.

Well done on an accuarate reading.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Some feel that grounding before keeps them too much in the body, and prevents them from being able to connect with spirit. Others don't believe in grounding at all.

I find that we are all different, and will find different ways of doing what works best for them.

So try everything you can, and see how it helps, or hinders you, and go from there.

Well, all energy work is a function of intention. So one simply needs to change the intention. Create the connection, but do so in a way that does not bring you 'down'. Its a fair bet that those that don't 'believe' in grounding probably have a tool in their bag that accomplishes the same purpose. Knowing that energy is intention; why would one choose not to employ some technique to mitigate energy?