Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 04-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Pathfinder

Is this clairaudience

Hi my partner lost his father last September and it has been a very difficult time for us all. His father has made his presence felt to all of us but more so to my partner who is devastated by the loss of his dad.
Since his dad died. My partner has been hearing his dad's voice. The first time was a few days before the funeral. He was cleaning up the leather sofa in his dad's house which was a cream colour. Because he knew people would be coming into the house. As he was cleaning it up he could hear his dad's voice saying bloody hell. I didn't know that could come so clean. My partner said it sounded like the voice was coming from behind him. But the voice was in his mind.
The second time was at his dad's funeral. As my partner was walking across the graveyard the sole of his shoe came loose and was falling off. It really lightened the moment as it was a typical thing that could happen to him. Again he could hear his dad in his head saying just typical you can't even manage to come to my funeral without goofing up somehow. Couldn't you have worn a decent pair of shoes. This would have been meant in a teasing sort of way.
The third time was when my partner sold his dad's car. He had to follow the person who bought the car back to there home. The person wanted reassurance that the car was ok. As my partner was following behind he was really upset about selling his dad's car. He felt guilty about it. Again he could hear his dad's voice in his head. Telling him if he isn't going to use it then just get rid of it. It's no good just sitting on the drive going to waste. He could hear his dad talking to him all the way there.
Now yesterday my partner visited his dad's grave and took some top soil there as the ground had settled and the soil wasn't enough as he was putting the soil in again he could hear his dad talking him through what to do. His dad was telling him to spread it out a bit more not to have so much in the middle.
My partner is convinced it is in his head that his grief is making it up. But I think he is really hearing his dad's voice. Even from the spirit world his dad is still being a dad and still giving the advice and support his son needs.
Do you think this is a clairaudient experience that my partner is having. Do you think he really is hearing his dad's voice.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:49 PM
Master

From what you tell, I think yes.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Master
That's clairaudience. You can actually hear Spirit.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:03 PM
Pathfinder

Yes I think he is hearing his dad's spirit too. But he is trying to use logic to explain it away. In fact when ever he has had an experience he tries to explain it away with a logical answer. Although I think lately he is starting to wonder as he has had several experiences. Lately that he can't just put down to logic. Such as dreams about his dad. Feeling someone hold his hand whilst he is dozing just lots of little things.
I have myself heard his dad's voice on a couple of occasions and felt my hand held in comfort a few days after his passing.
One night a few days after his passing. I was sitting down thinking about him and wishing I could just have one last moment to show him that I loved him. Which I had never done. Then I got an image playing like a movie in my head.
It was a scene of the last few moments I spent with my partners dad.
On the last day I saw him. There was just him myself and my little boy. My partner and his sister had just left the house and I was leaving to go home. I encouraged my little boy to give his grandad a kiss and cuddle.
Then I whent into the kitchen and my partners dad followed me into the kitchen as he usually does. Whilst in the kitchen I had an over whelming urge to give him a cuddle and felt a lot of love for him. I gave him the cuddle which he gave me back. It was very much the type of love you would feel towards a brother or your own father. I just had this really odd feeling. But I didn't know what the feeling was. It made me feel uneasy. I also felt a little embarrassed that I had acted so impulsively. It was out of character for me to do that.
But the urge was so strong. I now realise that subconsciously I must have known something was wrong. I just couldn't understand at the time why I had felt so strong an urge to hug him like that.
I wasn't to know it would be the last time any of us would see him. But seeing that vision I also heard him say but you did show me how you felt.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:35 PM
Suspended

Yes, l'd say so. l've had quite a bit myself - with the living and the dead. Only difference would be that Clairaudience concerns only the dead, telepathy is more generic, that's all.
Grief can make ppl more open psychically, even though scientifically-minded ppl will always call it imagination or hallucination and poo-poo the psychic element. They prefer to think they're going crazy lol..
There's a big difference between talking with yourself through imagination (when we know we are creating our own thoughts) and when a voice or thought just pops into our head, when the mind is a total blank at the time. And quite often, that alien thought is out of character, like the words wouldn't be words that we might normally use. We might be thinking about something and this 'other' voice will just speak out of nowhere - there's no mistaking it..
Anyway, clairaudient voices are usually 'clear as a bell' in my experience, and are nothing like ordinary thoughts..they feel outside of us..
Old 04-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Such as dreams about his dad. Feeling someone hold his hand whilst he is dozing just lots of little things.
I have myself heard his dad's voice on a couple of occasions and felt my hand held in comfort a few days after his passing.

Yes, the departed like to attend their own funerals, l believe.
When my father died l was dreaming about him quite often. He still appears to warn me about certain thngs. He's actually taken me to my twinsoul's house a couple of times. These aren't really dreams, they're astral visits (you can usually tell because they tend to be more realistic). They will hang around for a while to help the bereaved come to terms with their passing..
Old 04-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Pathfinder

He has certainly made his presence felt that's for sure. Although it is getting less and less now. I know what you mean by a voice out of no where. I had a very powerfull experience a few years ago. In the chapel of rest when my ex husbands mother died. I was standing over her body and began to cry. But had this strong feeling of the body being nothing more than an empty shell. Which I know it is.
Then through my tears I heard her shouting at me. I'm alright I'm alright. Then I stopped crying to listen to what I had just heard. Then I heard her state quite clearly I was glad to get rid of that old thing anyway. It gave me nothing but trouble and I could hear her laugh. Then I sensed her standing at the side of me. As though her physical body was there with an arm around me. Looking down on her body with me.
At the same time her daughter came into the room. I had a job keeping a straight face. As I wanted to laugh out loud about the comment on the body giving her nothing but trouble.
I didn't cry another tear over her. I just felt so happy for her. Even at the funeral. I just knew she was free.
There is no one on this planet could ever tell me that she wasn't really there. That it was all in my head. Cos I know she really was there. But I have never heard it as strong as that before or since. Although there has been occasions when I I do think I've heard spirit.
Would it be possible to be able to gear spirit that well again does this mean that I am capable of hearing or do you think this was a one off.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:04 PM
Knower
You said that your partner was devistated at first, now the voice is less and less.

Sounds like his dad is helping him deal with the grief. It's a beautiful story.I believe it's Clairaudience too.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:07 PM
Pathfinder

Yes I think his dad is helping him too. My partner is a very sensitive and emotional man. I have been amazed how well he is dealing with it now. He was a complete mess after his dad passed as it was so sudden and so unexpected. To make matters worse his dad was alone in the house and my partner was the one who found his body.
He has coped incredibly well lately although he does have his moments as we all do.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Pathfinder

The nicest part to me is his dad is still being his dad even though he isn't here physically any more. But that's the sort of person he was. A devoted father and grandfather.