Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 27-01-2015, 03:23 AM
Experiencer
Hi Artyop,

You probably have a handful of spirit guides to assist you. You don't really need to worry that you are communicating with the wrong guide because you can just ask for the most appropriate guide to assist you.

Boson
Old 03-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Pathfinder
I love this thread! I can relate to all these feelings.

I too am a (very liberal-minded) Christian. I mean, I guess I'd have to be to... be a Christian medium. Haha!

Though the Bible says we shouldn't practice spirit communication, I try to find the rationale behind that line of reasoning. I personally feel that, in Biblical times, they felt spirit communication challenged and distracted from a relationship with the *one* holy spirit -- not that you shouldn't do it at all but that you shouldn't let it override that relationship with God and the teachings of Jesus. That's simply MY loose Biblical translation...

Anyway... to get to my point... I'm so long-winded! What feels right to me is that, the Holy Spirit (or God, or the power of the Universe -- whatever you feel it to be) is like an umbrella, or maybe better thought of as an interconnectedness -- the life force that connects us all.

From what I've seen in my meditations and felt from my spirit guides, spirit communication is just a branch of that Holy Spirit, a part of it. Spirit guides are my friends, just like my friends who are alive.

So, it would make sense that you feel both guides and the Holy Spirit, or that you experience both differently.

I try to take in all spirit messages as if I'm a journalist conducting an interview. I jot down all the information I receive and I try to assess it without attachment, without emotion. Then, I apply it to my life or give the messages to others.

Of course, when I get messages from loved ones, it's harder to stay detached. I once asked a close family member (who's passed on) a question about what I should do. I was completely overwhelmed about a volunteer project I was taking on, and all I wanted to do was dedicate time dwelling on the relationship with this person who I deeply missed.

I was shown a series of visions, where my loved one showed me taking all the emotions of missing him, converting them to strength, and putting them into this new project (a volunteer effort for a family in my community). He said, "The best way to remember me or GIVE a gift to me is to give a gift to someone else, in this case the community." He told me he was now a part of all things, an integral part of the Holy Spirit, so that giving to others WAS essentially giving back to HIM.

The message was SO clear and beautiful that I broke down into tears, knew what I needed to do, and put all my energy into that volunteer project. I now do it every year at Christmas time in his memory. I still miss him, but I feel his presence every time I do something kind for someone else.

Okay, long story... but I hope my experience helps you understand yours!