Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 23-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Pathfinder

No I don't think it means me any harm. I do think I have been slowly opening up to spirit as I have had quite a lot of experiences lately. I just need to learn how to open up properly. I think I could benefit a lot from having a good connection with spirit.
Old 23-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Suspended

Quote:
I would like to open myself up to spirit. I'm just a little wary

Yes, you should be wary, especially if dealing with 'mediumship' or what today is called 'channelling'. These ppl are deceived very easily by lower astral forces or beings. Mediums and their kind are usually communicating with astral 'shells' which are used by mischievous entities. Never allow a spirit to take you over in any way - certainly not through trance. l know this has been going on for years with you, but these entities have a lot of patience. Anyway, the 'electricity' you experience could be the 'Kundalini Force' slowly opening the chakras. lt's often felt as an electrical force going throuh the body..
lf you really want to develop these abilities l suggest joing a group that can be trusted, and has a genuine Teacher (who can teach in this world and other worlds).The best one in the west l've come across is called 'The Researcher's of Truth', who have development circles around the world. But, IMO, these ppl know what there doing, unlike lower occultists, mediums, spiritualists, chanellers etc..
This is their website for info:

http://www.researchersoftruth.org/da...tm/our-circles
Old 23-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by durga
Yes, you should be wary, especially if dealing with 'mediumship' or what today is called 'channelling'. These ppl are deceived very easily by lower astral forces or beings. Mediums and their kind are usually communicating with astral 'shells' which are used by mischievous entities.

durgaa, mediumship and channeling aren't exactly the same thing.

Mediumship is receiving messages thru a medium, from the deceased to the living

Channeling can be messages received by anyone, from just about anyone or anything/ entity.

It is always a good thing to surround oneself with protection of whatever kind one deems appropriate when communicating with the spirit world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
lf you really want to develop these abilities l suggest joing a group that can be trusted, and has a genuine Teacher (who can teach in this world and other worlds).The best one in the west l've come across is called 'The Researcher's of Truth', who have development circles around the world. But, IMO, these ppl know what there doing, unlike lower occultists, mediums, spiritualists, chanellers etc..

and if I were you, I would be careful about calling mediums, spiritualists, channelers lower occultists. Some may be, but there are many who do not fall into that category. There are many mediums and spiritualists who can be trusted and have the skills to help one develop mediumship abilities.

And who is to say your group ' Researchers of Truth ' are more qualified ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 24-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Suspended

Quote:
durgaa, mediumship and channeling aren't exactly the same thing.

Their close enough to be the same. One tends to contact the deceased (although mostly they're not as l explained previously) and the other claims to be channelling so-called ascended masters or superior aliens (mostly delusional and deceived). They both operate at the same lower astral level in my book..

Quote:
and if I were you, I would be careful about calling mediums, spiritualists, channellers lower occultists. Some may be, but there are many who do not fall into that category. There are many mediums and spiritualists who can be trusted and have the skills to help one develop mediumship abilities.

No, l don't worry about being careful because l've done many years research into these things. Most of this knowledge comes from very advanced occultists and Enlightened Masters who are highly regarded around the world - not some new-age baloney that's just arrived on the scene.
l have to disagree. l believe most mediums and channelers do fall into this category. No doubt they're ae plenty of these ppl who can help you develop 'mediumistic' abilities, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing - that's my whole point, and l'd totally advise against it. IMO, these ppl are definitely dealing with lower occult forces. Usually, the solar plexus chakra (manipura) is partially open and it gives them a little clairvoyant ability. But, they have no real knowledge of the forces they're dealing with - if they did, they wouldn't be doing it.. Just because these ppl can teach you how to become a 'medium' for God knows what, doesn't mean they should be trusted.

Quote:
And who is to say your group ' Researchers of Truth ' are more qualified ?

Well, because probably tens of thousands (probably more) vouch for the abilities and teachings of the founder - Daskalos..who is regarded as probably the greatest christian mystic of the 20th century.. l've never heard of any mediums or chanellers who's abilities come even close to his. There are some famous mediums who had incredible psychic abilities, but none that go beyond the astral levels IMO..
Even the tibetan llamas (who have a vast occult knowledge, warn against these practices)..

This is the difference between mere channeling and the right way.

Quote:
Now, it would be a great mistake to think that Daskalos was “channeling” a higher entity called Father Dominico. Daskalos did not channel. Nor did he approve of anyone opening themselves up to unknown entities and unverified energies as a medium, and allowing them to express themselves through the personality. That can be very dangerous and misleading. Instead, Daskalos by means of attunement and at-one-ment, was able to coordinate himself with his old friend and guide. As soon as Daskalos was fully coordinated, whatever Father Dominico was doing with Daskalos’ hand or communicating to him, that knowledge immediately became Daskalos’ own knowledge too. Think of at-one-ment between two beings as something similar to bringing two candle flames together. When the two individual candle flames come together, the light gets brighter and the two flames appear as one. Pull the candle flames back apart and we see two individual flames again.

Daskalos taught that by developing our latent abilities of attunement, which will lead us to at-one-ment, we could assimilate knowledge about anyone or anything directly. Furthermore, the direct knowledge gained from attunement/at-one-ment comes much, much faster than it does by conventional studies. What would take years and years of earthly learning can be accomplished in moments through at-one-ment