Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 04-04-2013, 03:23 AM
mac

Modern Spiritualism

Spiritualism - under this website's umbrella heading of Religions and Faiths - refers to the religion and philosophy of 'Modern Spiritualism'.

Spiritualism is legally constituted and recognized as a religion in a number of countries, perhaps most notably, the UK, the USA and Australia.

The fundamentals of Spiritualism are the understanding and acceptance of life beyond death of the body and the demonstration of survival by means of communication between those who have passed over (spirits) and ourselves by way of a third party called a medium.

In Spiritualism may be found evidential mediums whose gifts are often used to re-unite seekers with family or friends who have passed over. Evidential mediumship provides evidence of the identity of communicators along with personal information and messages.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Experiencer
I consider myself a spiritist. It's the Latin American's correspondent to spiritualism, with some differences. It came from Allan Kardec's study with mediums, after he became intrigued with the Fox Sister's story and other mediunic happenings in France (early 1800's). In the last 10 years the number of followers in Brazil grew 65% and last year the number of followers were 3,8 million people. The medium Chico Xavier contributed greatly to the rise of spiritism in the country.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:59 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyana
I consider myself a spiritist. It's the Latin American's correspondent to spiritualism, with some differences. It came from Allan Kardec's study with mediums, after he became intrigued with the Fox Sister's story and other mediunic happenings in France (early 1800's). In the last 10 years the number of followers in Brazil grew 65% and last year the number of followers were 3,8 million people. The medium Chico Xavier contributed greatly to the rise of spiritism in the country.

Spiritism is indeed a close relative to Modern Spiritualism with a few differences.

Although Kardec's 'Spirits' Book' was one I read repeatedly in my early years, one which helped me grasp the fundamentals of continuous life, reading it again recently I found it no longer worked for me.

Spiritualism has no mediums as well-known as Chico Xavier but whether it's he who is the main attraction, or whether it's the message of Spiritism, will be seen only after he leaves the public scene.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Experiencer
Chico Xavier died June 2002. He said (or rather Emmanuel told him) he would die in a day Brazilians would be very happy. He died the day we won the World Cup. He obviously attracted many, many people with his work but still up to this day I see Chico Xavier's messages almost on a daily basis circulating the net here in Brazil, so I do think his messages are pretty much alive and well.

I would like to think that the spiritist books gave me a base but I am looking for information beyond that and I do question things further, which is something I think everyone should do. But overall, I still really like The Spirit's Book, even though I'm not constrained into believing everything in the book as "the truth". And the book itself encourages us to look on and evolve our spiritual knowledge further, not just to accept everything that was written as truth.

Last edited by Fairyana : 10-04-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Thank you mac. I never knew the definition.
I guess I'm a Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Sikh, menapausal Spiritualist when asked, then.

Hi Fairyana.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Experiencer
Hi Miss Hepburn!! :-D
Old 11-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyana

Faairyana, aren't most spiritists christian? Some spiritulists are, but many are not.....
Old 13-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Yvonne

For me Spiritualism isn't a religion it's just a way of life. :)
Old 17-04-2013, 09:37 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Thank you mac. I never knew the definition.
I guess I'm a Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Sikh, menapausal Spiritualist when asked, then.

Hi Fairyana.

I didn't give a definition...
Old 17-04-2013, 09:37 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne
For me Spiritualism isn't a religion it's just a way of life. :)

For me, too....