Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 13-05-2012, 03:04 PM
gerrygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
From my understanding of 'like attracts like' believing and hoping won't attract your desires. Basically because you'll always be in a constant state of want. A belief is an opinion, Desire is want and hope is expectation.
For instance, using your words, "I believe there has to be justice out there and that means someone can help me" it's like saying to the universe, Hey, I want justice, so there has to be justice out there and I believe that means someone can help me. The passion for your belief and desire to be seen as truth, gives you cause to hope. Sadly, believing and hoping shows there is a lack of certainty with the desired result.

For like to attract like there has to be certainty. You have to think and act as if you already have whatever it is that you are asking for. Rather than saying, "I believe there has to be justice out there and that means someone can help me", you could try something like the laws of justice are working in my favour. Likewise say, I have a lovely house, with 3 bedrooms, large garden and friendly neighbours, etc . Describing how the house looks and how you feel whilst you continue imagining it.

The Law of Attraction is guaranteed to operate in our physical lives. We repeatedly do it everyday. Our present day thoughts attract to us the type of life we will lead tomorrow. This is why we need to be consciously aware of our thoughts at all times. One thing we do need to consider though is it can take a while for a new thought or idea to become like second nature to us. If we should stop and revert back to our once familiar way of thinking, the old pattern and routine of live will continue just as it always has.

We each are captains of our own soul. Under normal circumstances, no one else is in charge or responsible for what happens to us. We live with the choices we make in life and, we alone decide if it's worth putting the effort in to create positive changes from negative situations.

So taking your perspective, the women who fought in the days of EMILY PANKHURST for womens rights in wanting justice didnt get justice beacuse it was a DESIRE! Yes it was but it happend because she believed it was right and just! Fighting the unfair system of unequality. Its the same as "No blacks" on a bus...... so if nobody stood up and said NO you think it would have just WORKED ITSELF OUT? No it wouldnt IF PEOPLE dont say NO would we have womens rights, equality? Of course not? Would illegal whaling be an issue if somebody didnt take it upon themselves to speak up about the atrocities.... my point being, is when you do fight for the rights in terms of seeing a blantant injustice and then find that nothing steps onto your path to help or support you, is it GODS way of saying, it doesnt matter what you feel is fair and just, you simply dont get that right now! So if this is true, as Ive found for myself, even though my campaign in NZ has provoked much support from some major support groups to petition the governement on this matter.... because NZ benefits from getting into the country wealthy immigrants who end up getting ripped off by gold digging partners, they dont care, but they would if the outcome was immigrants were taking their money OUT off NZ then they would do something? So it has nothing really to do with like attracts like, as its our desires to better our lives, speak up and petition injustices (A WANT) is how the world changes, my questionn is mostly about, if its NOT Gods will no matter what you want, need or desire, if he says NO then it NO!