Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 15-04-2012, 09:30 AM
gerrygirl

Positive thiking OR destiny

Ive read and understood much about "like attracts like" and what we put out in in terms of thoughts is what we attract.... well actually if this is true then then the fact the legal system, is so pathetic it means that despite the fact that I contributed 400k to a marriage, and being left supporting a child on benefits, and reading legal stuff on NZ sites that says IM HAVE RIGHTS the lawyer seem to state otherwise. SO if its true that what we believe and think is what we manifest then after two years for believing without a doubt that even though the lazy legal aid lawyers dont want to fight for me, the law states that I have rights so Ive for two years IVE BELIEVED there has to be justice out there that means someone can help me.... so Ive emailed every legal advisory site, every judge every web site and to date NOTHING, no help mostly no replies NOTHING.

Yet Im told if you believe you will receive..... but we are also aware as spiritual people that if its not meant to be, then you can keep thumping and hitting your head down the same path and if its not meant to be....IT WONT HAPPEN!

So whats the truth then,,,,, because believing and hopeing and fighting every avenue (beause its what Im putting out to the universe) has proved absolutey fruitless... i.e. the alternative being, you end up homeless!!! I dont want HOMELESS I want a home that may only be a fraction of my 400k to this marriage but still a home.... but for two years Im told, sorry you have no rights just homelessness...

This proves to me IF WHAT YOU DESIRE AND THINK IS WHAT YOU WILL MANIFEST has not happened, it also proves that IF you think negatively in not expecting the best for yourself should be a block to getting what you deserve or desire...... as thinking positively doesnt get your desire outcome only the one God wants for you, so it should be the same in reverse i.e. even if you think you WONT get the perfect man or get a wonderful JOB, it shouldnt make any difference, becaue if you think yoiu do deserve XYZ and it doenst happen, then anyou think you dont deserve it, it should happen despite what you believe or think, so how does positive thinking change what God deems as being your destiny ?
Old 15-04-2012, 10:13 AM
gerrygirl

positive thinking or destiny

Ive read and understood much about "like attracts like" and what we put out in in terms of thoughts is what we attract.... well actually if this is true then then the fact the legal system, is so pathetic it means that despite the fact that I contributed 400k to a marriage, and being left supporting a child on benefits, and reading legal stuff on NZ sites that says IM HAVE RIGHTS the lawyer seem to state otherwise. SO if its true that what we believe and think is what we manifest then after two years for believing without a doubt that even though the lazy legal aid lawyers dont want to fight for me, the law states that I have rights so Ive for two years IVE BELIEVED there has to be justice out there that means someone can help me.... so Ive emailed every legal advisory site, every judge every web site and to date NOTHING, no help mostly no replies NOTHING.

Yet Im told if you believe you will receive..... but we are also aware as spiritual people that if its not meant to be, then you can keep thumping and hitting your head down the same path and if its not meant to be....IT WONT HAPPEN!

So whats the truth then,,,,, because believing and hopeing and fighting every avenue (beause its what Im putting out to the universe) has proved absolutey fruitless... i.e. the alternative being, you end up homeless!!! I dont want HOMELESS I want a home that may only be a fraction of my 400k to this marriage but still a home.... but for two years Im told, sorry you have no rights just homelessness...

This proves to me IF WHAT YOU DESIRE AND THINK IS WHAT YOU WILL MANIFEST has not happened, it also proves that IF you think negatively in not expecting the best for yourself should be a block to getting what you deserve or desire...... as thinking positively doesnt get your desire outcome only the one God wants for you, so it should be the same in reverse i.e. even if you think you WONT get the perfect man or get a wonderful JOB, it shouldnt make any difference, becaue if you think yoiu do deserve XYZ and it doenst happen, then anyou think you dont deserve it, it should happen despite what you believe or think, so how does positive thinking change what God deems as being your destiny ?
Old 15-04-2012, 11:12 AM
mac

'like attracts like' applies in the etheric dimensions, not that of the physical...
Old 15-04-2012, 11:48 AM
gerrygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
'like attracts like' applies in the etheric dimensions, not that of the physical...

Thank you and I agree, Like attracts Like therefore BELIVING with every cell of your being that you deserve what is just you should get at least some park or help that shows there is JUSTICE..... but not so.... after two years of believing that there is justice...... I get nothing, no help no helpful advice NOT MATTER my energy output of I BELIEVE THERE HAS TO BE JUSTICE BASED ON WHAT THE WEBSITES SAY IS THE LEGAL RULING, no lawyer Ive had seems to replicate the TRUTH being stated on these sites.... so it doesnt matter what the sites say in that I believe their truth and asking and praying for a lawyer that can actually practice this TRUTH ive not found one..... so what does this say about like attracts like..... it doest happen doest it?

You get what the universe wants to give you DESPITE what you have been told as the truth and fight for... so if the truth and fighting whole heartedly in BELIEVING THIS IS WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT YOU DESERVE it makes no difference.... so my argument is if after fighting for so long in a BELIEF this is what I expect and it doest happen, the please prove your argument, which is the reverse, if its Gods will that X doesnt happen despite your prayers and belief because the rules also state xyz but no body else seems to let that happen, why then should a person believe just beause you believe the future as you see it based on past events means a negative result, as Ive alreasdy shown POSITIVE THINKING doesnt get what you expect so why should NEGATIVE thinking produce the result you expect?
Old 15-04-2012, 04:17 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrygirl
Thank you and I agree, Like attracts Like therefore BELIVING with every cell of your being that you deserve what is just you should get at least some park or help that shows there is JUSTICE..... but not so.... after two years of believing that there is justice...... I get nothing, no help no helpful advice NOT MATTER my energy output of I BELIEVE THERE HAS TO BE JUSTICE BASED ON WHAT THE WEBSITES SAY IS THE LEGAL RULING, no lawyer Ive had seems to replicate the TRUTH being stated on these sites.... so it doesnt matter what the sites say in that I believe their truth and asking and praying for a lawyer that can actually practice this TRUTH ive not found one..... so what does this say about like attracts like..... it doest happen doest it?

You get what the universe wants to give you DESPITE what you have been told as the truth and fight for... so if the truth and fighting whole heartedly in BELIEVING THIS IS WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT YOU DESERVE it makes no difference.... so my argument is if after fighting for so long in a BELIEF this is what I expect and it doest happen, the please prove your argument, which is the reverse, if its Gods will that X doesnt happen despite your prayers and belief because the rules also state xyz but no body else seems to let that happen, why then should a person believe just beause you believe the future as you see it based on past events means a negative result, as Ive alreasdy shown POSITIVE THINKING doesnt get what you expect so why should NEGATIVE thinking produce the result you expect?

You've lost me.
Old 15-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Master

Quote:

Take everything into consideration. Stop and breathe for a second. When you are ready, someone will come along to help you, even though you may not believe it. And jump out at every opportunity. Like does attract like, but you must remember that we also have past lives to consider, karma is in our path and our higher selves see this and put up barriers to toss you around a bit. I know it seems rough now but things will get better eventually, just hold your head up and keep looking. Deep down I sense there is something coming to help you but you may need pacience as you have already been through so much. Stay calm (I see that it's hard, my family went through a similar experience except that I'm one of the children) and things will work out. I send prayers out for you and your family and only time will come to help you.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 15-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Enya

While it is true that like attracts like and a positive mind-set is healthier than an overly negative one, it is also true that sometimes life sucks and bad things happen to good people. In all things, it's not so much what happens as what you do with it.
Old 19-04-2012, 03:26 AM
Skye

Quote:

From my understanding of 'like attracts like' believing and hoping won't attract your desires. Basically because you'll always be in a constant state of want. A belief is an opinion, Desire is want and hope is expectation.
For instance, using your words, "I believe there has to be justice out there and that means someone can help me" it's like saying to the universe, Hey, I want justice, so there has to be justice out there and I believe that means someone can help me. The passion for your belief and desire to be seen as truth, gives you cause to hope. Sadly, believing and hoping shows there is a lack of certainty with the desired result.

For like to attract like there has to be certainty. You have to think and act as if you already have whatever it is that you are asking for. Rather than saying, "I believe there has to be justice out there and that means someone can help me", you could try something like the laws of justice are working in my favour. Likewise say, I have a lovely house, with 3 bedrooms, large garden and friendly neighbours, etc . Describing how the house looks and how you feel whilst you continue imagining it.

The Law of Attraction is guaranteed to operate in our physical lives. We repeatedly do it everyday. Our present day thoughts attract to us the type of life we will lead tomorrow. This is why we need to be consciously aware of our thoughts at all times. One thing we do need to consider though is it can take a while for a new thought or idea to become like second nature to us. If we should stop and revert back to our once familiar way of thinking, the old pattern and routine of live will continue just as it always has.

We each are captains of our own soul. Under normal circumstances, no one else is in charge or responsible for what happens to us. We live with the choices we make in life and, we alone decide if it's worth putting the effort in to create positive changes from negative situations.
Old 28-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Experiencer

As Mac siad, "like attracts like" is a Spiritualist - not a spiritual - concept, referring to the fact that in the etheric world, people will be with people of similar levels of spiritual and intellectual development: UNlike this world, where all sorts of people of all types and levels find themselves continually interacting together. (Which is probably why we're here in a material world in the first place ).

You're confusing a Spiritualist concept with the "name it and claim it", "prosperity Gospel" that's become so popular with TV preachers. And which is neither Spiritualist, nor Christian.

Jim
Old 13-05-2012, 02:53 PM
gerrygirl

Sorry I will reiterate, if you believe with every cell in your body and you fight and and stand your ground, on a principal that in terms of a legal argument is deamed unfair, doesnt mean that God will find you someone to be your mentor your legal archagel Michael! in other words, if God sees that your future is best served for your highest good NOT to get what you desire it wont happen no matter what you believe in your heart of hearts! i,e, God is opn charge, so you can wish pray, campaign whatever if its not on YOUR path you dont get it! thats been my reality?