Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 08:58 PM
Pathfinder

I always thought that there was some sort of "punishment", If there is no correction to the actions that are carried out in this physical realm, then what good are the moral, ethical and social guidelines?

In the end, anyone could do anything and die quite happy with themselves without regret because, at most, they would reincarnate and re-learn what they didn't. Just without any consequence. I get that Karma is there to ensure that, but I think that maybe there is something bigger or adjacent to karma.

For instance, children that are abused, beaten or stomped out of life. animals who suffer at the hands of humans. These are souls who need something akin to a summer school on compassion, mercy and not being pieces of S**t. But then again, those who inflict the damage will in turn be those same ones?

Or maybe they are two parts of each soul. The inflictor and the victim; and only when oneself forgives and has mercy for himself will the circle stop?
Old 10-08-2023, 10:38 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Indeed Pecas, ive tried to undersatand evil but cannot, that pain and misery inflicted by one to another or an animal is beyond me.

For instance, when the Ukraine war started the news showed a middle aged woman, lying dead with bags around her, food strewn around her for the journey, she was about to get on a train to go to safety.

How can Mr Putin look at that and feel its ok?

Ive visited hospitals for the criminally insane, if those people could, they would cut your throat for a cigarette. How does that change?, from clinical self interest to empathy?

Why should victims suffer? If they are the same, two parts of the same, then the lesson would be learned, or would it.

We can weep at the suffering in the world, it is truly deep and rampant, its everywhere, that we are all ravaged by it. My partner has had two deep brain tumours removed, and all that entails, etc, im on duty all day and night, at my time of life.

After a lifetime, a career in caring, and before that. I used to rescue insects from water butts, my mother had a mental illlness. Youd think id get a day off, think again.

The nightmare is that it counts for nowt. Apart of course that which it provides at the time. Im due a sunny upland, somewhere.
Old 10-08-2023, 10:49 AM
Master

I cannot understand if any of us would "choose" to come back as all the obvious people we know about to inflict so much pain and suffering on others ??
I can only assume that that was NOT part of the package in the first place .
Old 10-08-2023, 03:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Why is this so unbelievable? .....
The Soul or the Consciousness which previously expressed as a male chauvinist and has now reincarnated as your daughter may well have chosen to be born as female to experience the opposite side of the coin.
You seem to be saying that 'the Soul or the Consciousness' of my daughter actually made my sperm contribute an X chromosome to her mother's egg when it fertilized it. I find this unbelievable!
Old 10-08-2023, 04:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Why is this so unbelievable?

The male chauvinist was a past life personality. It is not the male chauvinist who has reincarnated. That personality is long gone.

Really? In my post (#17), I clearly stated that "My daughter came to me, as she seemed to indicate, to explain her treatment of me in her past life." Did the long-gone personality come explain its treatment of me in the past? Sorry to say this, but I just don't get the new-age understanding of reincarnation.
Old 10-08-2023, 06:21 PM
I am not the exact personality I was, but, boy oh boy, do I have personality 'traits' from my very last life (around 1840s -70s)...
and another I recall...so probably MORE!
Don't ask ....some finally are worked out ...some remain that are quite A-Ok. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-08-2023, 09:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
You seem to be saying that 'the Soul or the Consciousness' of my daughter actually made my sperm contribute an X chromosome to her mother's egg when it fertilized it. I find this unbelievable!
This is your interpretation of what I am saying. I am suggesting that certain decisions about our next incarnation are made before any physical fertilisation takes place. These decisions are based on karmic purpose and lessons chosen. Having made such a decision then the physical consequences naturally follow.

Of course, this is all speculation as we cannot prove any of this, just as you cannot prove that your daughter in this life had a past-life connection to you as a male chauvinist.

But it makes sense to me that the Soul or Consciousness is motivated by the desire to learn and so it makes certain choices aligned with karmic factors regardless of the preferences of any personality through which it expresses.

Peace
Old 10-08-2023, 09:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
I clearly stated that "My daughter came to me, as she seemed to indicate, to explain her treatment of me in her past life." Did the long-gone personality come explain its treatment of me in the past? Sorry to say this, but I just don't get the new-age understanding of reincarnation.
I am not sure what point you are wanting to make. It seems reasonable to consider that we take on a new personality in each incarnation, although the memories of previous incarnations are stored somewhere in consciousness, even if not usually accessible. The exception is usually children under the age of 7, who may remember their past but this seems to fade as they become more embodied in this incarnation.

But you say that you "just don't get the new-age understanding of reincarnation." Which suggests that you do accept the more traditional understanding of reincarnation.

I used to believe that reincarnation was driven completely by karmic law and there was no element of Soul choice. But since reading the work of people such as Michael Newton and Robert Schwartz I have modified my beliefs. So I accept that the Soul may choose certain circumstances to learn particular lessons. And sometimes the Soul may choose very difficult circumstances which are more than the incarnated personality can deal with, so lessons are not learned and have to be repeated. But it is still all aligned with karmic purpose.

Peace
Old 11-08-2023, 02:48 AM
Master
In my opinion, we are not only preparing right now for our existence in the afterlife but we may also be preparing for our reincarnation in the next life. Everything is happening in the Eternal Now; what was, is or will be, are but shadows, conditioning developed in the Now.

There is only, and has always been, only now. The rest of it is but a dance of shadow and light. A drama here on Earth and also a drama after we leave this Earth. Whether we consciously choose or not, movement is determined by conditioning. Its’ like osmosis.

What takes place in our physical body takes place in the universe; the universe is the body of eternal spirit. Everything mirrors everything else. But did I choose to be a male, black skin or white skin, did I choose my parents or my family of origin. Maybe not consciously but nonetheless, for the sake of my previous conditioning in the eternal now here I am.
Old 11-08-2023, 01:45 PM
Master

Quote:
just as you cannot prove that your daughter in this life had a past-life connection to you as a male chauvinist.

I was not trying to prove anything to you.