Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 19-10-2013, 04:58 PM
keith95843

Elder's Meditation of the Day October 19

"The teachings are for all, not just for Indians... The white people never wanted to learn before. They thought we were savages. Now they have a different understanding, and they do want to learn. ...We are all children of God. The tradition is open to anyone who wants to learn."
--Don Jose Matusuwa, HUICHOL

In the summer of 1994, a white buffalo calf was born. This means that now is the time for all races to come together. The Elders say that at this time a voice from within will speak to everyone. It will say now is the time to forgive, now is the time to come together. Are we willing to do this? Are we willing to quit judging other people? The Elders say, He will be talking through people of all races and gender. We need to open our hearts and welcome our brothers and sisters.

Great Spirit, let my ears be open as I walk the path You have chosen for me.

By: Don Coyhis
Old 19-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Usually when I meditate I don't see much. Just feel. Its interesting you mentioned today is a meditation day in regards to native american spirituality. This morning in meditation a power was coming to me from a horses hoof. Then it was flashes of images of Native Americans. It was a wonderful meditation! I am white. Great thread!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 20-10-2013, 04:43 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith95843

"The teachings are for all, not just for Indians... The white people never wanted to learn before. They thought we were savages. Now they have a different understanding, and they do want to learn. ...We are all children of God. The tradition is open to anyone who wants to learn."
--Don Jose Matusuwa, HUICHOL

In the summer of 1994, a white buffalo calf was born. This means that now is the time for all races to come together. The Elders say that at this time a voice from within will speak to everyone. It will say now is the time to forgive, now is the time to come together. Are we willing to do this? Are we willing to quit judging other people? The Elders say, He will be talking through people of all races and gender. We need to open our hearts and welcome our brothers and sisters.

Great Spirit, let my ears be open as I walk the path You have chosen for me.

By: Don Coyhis
Hey, Keith. I am willing to share in a good way if I am asked in a good way, ie if it comes from a genuine attempt to understand and not to exploit. People need to be gracious and respectful and not demand because they think they are entitled to it when they ask for sacred teachings. There is such thing as protection of Indigenous knowledge - one Elder told me that seekers need to "earn their stripes" first. To me that means seekers need to go to ceremonies, observe, help, ask respectful questions at the right time, and humble ourselves to remember we do not know it all. That's how I learned from the beautiful Elders who shared with me. I showed them I was humble and respectful, and truly wanted to learn for my own spiritual growth and not to exploit the knowledge and pass it off as my own, unless it came to me in ceremony or in dreams. But to always remember the Old Ones who fought to keep our sacred teachings alive during the centuries of ethnocide and genocide. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have these teachings today. Akina Ndinawe Makinak Miigwetch!