Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 29-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Master

Mind you the Native Americans originally were master horticulturalists...

http://www.ivu.org/history/native_americans.html

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 29-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Don't you mean as the original inhabitants of Israel as mentioned in your signature? That would be a garden paradise, in true harmony with nature.
That would be ideal, yes.
Old 29-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
1) If you don't know where you're going, how will you get there?

2) There is only one way up....

If what you do works for you that's great. I'm not at all trying to stop you and your agenda of seeding your ideas to whom ever. I spoke up because it at least appeared you were stating hunting was something out of Hollywood. It seemed miss leading to me. Perhaps you were saying something different by that. I have no idea what that could be though. Its common knowledge hunting, gathering, and for some farming practices goes on as well in indigenous society's. So to fabricate history in saying hunting didn't and doesn't go on in those societys is what I spoke out against. That's what it looked like from your initial post.

Okay now about spiritual growth. All I can say is my growth has been going beyond what I could of dreamed. The stumbling block in it all has been made clear many times. Its the buying into the propaganda being sold of it being any certain way. Everyone has their own path within them that is perfect for them. Only I can know mine. In that discovery the things that seemed impossible have become possible. Some of which on my finger tips. So I'm not much for stumbling blocks. That being propaganda, sales pitches, and etc.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 29-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
If what you do works for you that's great. I'm not at all trying to stop you and your agenda of seeding your ideas to whom ever. I spoke up because it at least appeared you were stating hunting was something out of Hollywood. It seemed miss leading to me. Perhaps you were saying something different by that. I have no idea what that could be though. Its common knowledge hunting, gathering, and for some farming practices goes on as well in indigenous society's. So to fabricate history in saying hunting didn't and doesn't go on in those societys is what I spoke out against. That's what it looked like from your initial post.

Okay now about spiritual growth. All I can say is my growth has been going beyond what I could of dreamed. The stumbling block in it all has been made clear many times. Its the buying into the propaganda being sold of it being any certain way. Everyone has their own path within them that is perfect for them. Only I can know mine. In that discovery the things that seemed impossible have become possible. Some of which on my finger tips. So I'm not much for stumbling blocks. That being propaganda, sales pitches, and etc.

I was saying something different.
No, I'm not saying they were all St. Francis. Clearly not, we are talking about a continent here with a myriad of tribes. But at the same time the 'Hollywood' image of a savage brute with a horse and a gun is misplaced too. There were no horses or guns until the white man turned up. And it was the Whites who for the most part were the 'savage' ones.
The Native Americans were master horticulturalists, with their own unique culture & civilisation. A world that was overturned by the arrival of the White man.

True, there are many faiths, many belief systems, like the branches of a tree. Who is to say that one is better than another? If 'your' faith helps to make you a better person, if it helps 'you' serve the greater good, then it is right - for you.
As all branches connect to the trunk, so all faiths connect to Love. That is the message at the core of every religion of the Light. That is the ultimate lesson we all have to learn.
(And a message confirmed time and time again by those returning from NDEs)

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 29-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
knightofalbion, it's true that Love is the thing we need to learn. It is indeed the Truth that shall set us free.
Old 29-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
No, I'm not saying they were all St. Francis. Clearly not, we are talking about a continent here with a myriad of tribes. But at the same time the 'Hollywood' image of a savage brute with a horse and a gun is misplaced too. There were no horses or guns until the white man turned up. And it was the Whites who for the most part were the 'savage' ones.
The Native Americans were master horticulturalists, with their own unique culture & civilisation. A world that was overturned by the arrival of the White man.

True, there are many faiths, many belief systems, like the branches of a tree. Who is to say that one is better than another? If 'your' faith helps to make you a better person, if it helps 'you' serve the greater good, then it is right - for you.
As all branches connect to the trunk, so all faiths connect to Love. That is the message at the core of every religion of the Light. That is the ultimate lesson we all have to learn.

I obviously misunderstood what you were saying. I apologize! I agree with everything you just said here. Except about spirituality in a way. For me in my experience everything is already love. The good and the bad. The good is obvious why so I won't explain. The bad that happens to me is what brings me deeper into my self. It helps me to let go and see things more as a witness. From my experience the evidence shows the story has already been written. I'm an actor and a witness to it. In a story there is drama. Whom am I to judge the story. So I judge it less. I'm not as attached to the story. That's my experience. In that experience I'm content and happy. I'm feeding off myself. Bliss of the self. Because of its intoxicating properties I am able to help more. Because its easy when I don't require as much as I did previously to be happy. I can't not feel good. So to me its the judgement that holds us back.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 29-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Suspended
It would be a better world. Humans are a hunting gathering species. The Modern World is just a mutant variant of that way.
Old 29-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Deactivated Account
The agenda to make people believe hunting is bad is a strange thing IMO.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 29-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Master

Not all tribes grew crops. Sorry that is not correct. Some did but not all.
Old 29-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

As the trucker sang goes I got a long way to go and a short time to get there. Today's like that. Lol. Okay now that I got a minute let me clarify something. Having the belief that being on a horse and being a hunter is bad then I'm not with you there. I'm not going to say that's what your insinuating this time. As I have already misunderstood you once. And I have a hard enough time getting what someone is saying from words on a screen. I have found in life 70 percent of what's being said comes from expressions and such. Not so much the words themselves. At least that's how I operate.

Wherever I May Roam