Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 25-04-2011, 02:49 PM
ambee

Pop songs as a spiritual experience?

This might seem an odd question, but; have you ever listened to a pop song and felt like it's been a spiritual experience for you? By pop, I don't neccesarily mean that particular genre, but more a song that has mainstream radio play and wasn't written with the express intention of communicating something spiritual, like a hymn for example.

For me, it's 'Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)' by Baz Luhrmann. You know when a song comes along at just the right moment in your life? That's this song, for me. I discovered it sometime around November last year - oddly enough via a playlist of favourite songs compiled by a celebrity singer that I really admire - and it immediately struck a chord with me. I instantly felt reassured and positive and strangely re-energised about my life and my future.

Now, when I listen to it, I use all of my concentration to really listen to the words. I've noticed that I often have a different emotional reaction to it every time I hear it, usually depending on how my day has been. Some days it makes me cry, some days it makes me feel completely alive; all I know is that it's very inspirational!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:47 PM
dawn chorus

I don't normally listen to much mainstream or pop music but after first hearing florence and the machine I cant stop listening to them, for me the lyrics have so much depth. The lyrics to this song really speak to me, although this particular song is not played on the radio as far as I know but many of their songs are.

Blinding
Seems that I have been held, in some dreaming state
A tourist in the waking world, never quite awake
No kiss, no gentle word could wake me from this slumber
Until I realise that it was you who held me under

Felt it in my fist, in my feet, in the hollows of my eyelids
Shaking through my skull, through my spine and down through my ribs

No more dreaming of the dead as if death itself was undone
No more calling like a crow for a boy, for a body in the garden
No more dreaming like a girl so in love, so in love
No more dreaming like a girl so in love with the wrong world

And I could hear the thunder and see the lightning crack
All around the world was waking, I never could go back
Cos all the walls of dreaming, they were torn right open
And finally it seemed that the spell was broken

And all my bones began to shake, my eyes flew open
And all my bones began to shake, my eyes flew open

No more dreaming of the dead as if death itself was undone
No more calling like a crow for a boy, for a body in the garden
No more dreaming like a girl so in love with the wrong world

Snow White's stitching up the circuitboards
Synapse slipping through the hidden door
Snow White's stitching up the circuitboard
Old 03-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Master
The list would be endless
Sample :
Imagine - John Lennon
Hard rain's gonna fall - Bob Dylan
Who wants to live forever - Queen
etc, etc

[ notice what they all have in common ? all from the days when talent was needed ]
Old 03-05-2011, 05:48 PM
NetSeeker

The other day I was listening to 'It's a kind of magic' by Queen and I found the lines to be quite spiritual

It's not strange to find meaning in pop songs. As a matter of fact, I tend to get messages through them from my guides. It doesn't have to be a complete song, but sometimes a single line will stand out to me and then I know they want me to hear that for some reason.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:25 PM
claymation

J.Tull's "My God"
The Beatles "Mother Natures Son"
Crosby,Stills,Nash and Young "Everybody I love you"

there are so many songs I find spiritually moving, it's everywhere !
Old 27-05-2011, 06:08 PM
thebigheart

love light & pop!

I was interested to read your forum about music and its spiritual impact on us.
i write and perform positive/spiritual pop music and there are many in all styles dedicating themselves to the same themes.
I am passionate about its power to uplift because of the many times i have experienced the physical and mental change when hearing particular songs or artists.
I think most people have known a low time, when a song or peice of music has come on and caused an almost mystical transition in our mood. I have no doubts that in those moments we are experiencing a link with our spiritual nature, reminding us that there is more to this world than the eye can see!!!!
Old 27-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambee
This might seem an odd question, but; have you ever listened to a pop song and felt like it's been a spiritual experience for you? By pop, I don't neccesarily mean that particular genre, but more a song that has mainstream radio play and wasn't written with the express intention of communicating something spiritual, like a hymn for example.

For me, it's 'Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)' by Baz Luhrmann. You know when a song comes along at just the right moment in your life? That's this song, for me. I discovered it sometime around November last year - oddly enough via a playlist of favourite songs compiled by a celebrity singer that I really admire - and it immediately struck a chord with me. I instantly felt reassured and positive and strangely re-energised about my life and my future.

Now, when I listen to it, I use all of my concentration to really listen to the words. I've noticed that I often have a different emotional reaction to it every time I hear it, usually depending on how my day has been. Some days it makes me cry, some days it makes me feel completely alive; all I know is that it's very inspirational!

Our guides use songs and lyrics to give us inspiration and messages. You might want to try meditations to find your guides and work with them. It seems they are guiding you and helping you along :)
Old 27-06-2011, 05:52 AM
Knower
Everytime I hear God Only Knows I get good chills on a spiritual level.

The last thing he said to me...Pointing to the black sky littered with sequined stars...I've been there and back again~
Old 27-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Guide
Yes I have and do. ESPECIALLY if its Katy Perry or Lady Gaga.
Plus most of todays mainstream songs make you want to dance and
dancing can be a very spiritual experience imo. Even if you're horrible
at it like me lol.

Music can do amazing things to us there's no denying that. There scientific
proof of it. It can make you physically feel better (I've experienced
that before). It can make us feel less pain, and even physically stronger (kind of)
That's the reason people listen to music while running or weight lifting.

Music is truly amazing :]
Old 27-06-2011, 08:21 AM
mattie

Music Is Allot Of Impact

The title which evidently can't be edited should be 'Music Has Allot Of Impact.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt-R5...eature=related

Original German version-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwh7Ic_uKCs