Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 24-11-2011, 01:10 PM
BlackWolf

Wow caramel. That is great. But what happens if there is a predatory animal coming at you, what do you do then?
Old 07-12-2011, 02:49 PM
CaramelDancer

Hi BlackWolf~

That is so synchronous that you should ask me that. I hesitate to respond, but I will tell you that I have had that experience, personally. I won't go into details except to say--Vision Quests are not 'safe'.
They are challenging, can be dangerous, and need to not be taken lightly.
In general when a predator approaches you, and it's a 'real' form and not a 'visual' one, you make yourself big and loud. It depends on the species whether you stand firm or run. Under that circumstance you are certainly able to leave your circle to protect yourself if needed. Some traditions allow fires, which keeps predators at bay. Others don't because it is distracting from the search of the Quest.
Great prayer and respect and honour for and of the nature around you, including predators, is what helps get you through. The greatest blessing in it all is coming out of it and then the assimilation process.
I have never been so happy to be alive.

Would I do it again? Absolutely not.
My guided message loud and clear was that 'learning does not have to be this hard.'
The aim of the Quest is not to find harm, but harmony.
I tell you my story believing that you will honour it, for it is very special. I too honour your journeys and stories.
All the best to you.~
:)
Old 08-12-2011, 04:15 AM
BlackWolf

That you CaramelDancer. I really appreciate it.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Spiritprophet

Water is very important, and protection from hyper or hypothermia. Other than that you need nothing else but resolve. Three day three night minimum. Fasting before and total isolation.

Don't listen to anyone telling you to go without water. Especially five days. You can end up dead. You can go without food for a month. Water is sacred and will benefit you on your journey.

Good luck. You don't need to die to enter the spirit world.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Spiritprophet

Not many incidents

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWolf
Wow caramel. That is great. But what happens if there is a predatory animal coming at you, what do you do then?

Yell at it, but You are in more danger from the drive than from predators. Be more concerned with hydration and body temp.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Chloe1991

I really want to go on a vision quest at some point in my life!
Old 27-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Henri77

While I certainly respect Native tradition-practices as a sacred- ancient method, and those who choose to endure the hardship.
Other cultures certainly have similar practices that don't REQUIRE putting ones life at risk from predators....or exposure.
And I expect one can do a quest in varied ways that involve sensory deprivation, meditation & fasting.

thanx for the stories though.
Old 29-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Wisa'ka

"Other cultures certainly have similar practices that don't REQUIRE putting ones life at risk from predators....or exposure"

But that's other cultures.

In many Indian tribes 'vision quests' were mainly for adolescent boys coming into manhood, or those attaing medicine.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
While I certainly respect Native tradition-practices as a sacred- ancient method, and those who choose to endure the hardship.
Other cultures certainly have similar practices that don't REQUIRE putting ones life at risk from predators....or exposure.
And I expect one can do a quest in varied ways that involve sensory deprivation, meditation & fasting.

I've used a ritual that simply involves spending in the night (after preparation) in a sacred circle and occupying yourself through the night with various kinds of scrying, meditation, and even sacred dreaming. Indoors or outdoors - but indoors is fine.

It was highly meaningful and spiritually productive, without being particularly grueling or dangerous.
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 12-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77

So you're talking about going on a vision quest and never leaving the comforts of home or perhaps the backyard ?

I can see why some pay good money for a weekend vision quest. Be careful though about the Saturday morning sweat lodge package as there has been cases of people dying during such improperly conducted rituals.

We're running a 'find your spirit animal and name giving special' this month, buy one get one free.

Will that be cash or credit ?