Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 24-03-2011, 12:54 PM
mashpashable

Whiteshaman- WOW! I just got the chills bad...there were skunks in my dream last night...
Old 24-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashpashable
Whiteshaman- WOW! I just got the chills bad...there were skunks in my dream last night...

Ha! Something told me you would come back and say something like that. I'll dig up my notes on the skunk related to the owl and come back with it in a couple of minutes for you to look at.
Awesome!
James
Old 24-03-2011, 01:09 PM
mashpashable

Thank you!
Old 24-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Master
Here it is. All energy has a balancing energy and the skunks energy is it for the owl. Personally, at the time, it taught me a lot. It had to do with an unbalance with being and being seen as honorable and with character.
How it talks to you will be for you. I'm just sharing to help you see how it can work.
Blessings, James

Balanced energy of the skunk
“The wisdom of Owl makes an excellent balancing energy for the bold Skunk. It is important that Skunks understand how to develop a good reputation without being ruled by having a reputation. In other words, don’t become so enamored of yourself simply because others find you such good company.”
“The simplest way to cultivate this is just by being true to one’s self, doing what you know is right in any given situation irregardless of what others think… in essence, living a good life.”
There is no pride or need to be happy with how others honor or respect you if you are not being true to yourself. Their respect does not come for right reasons.
It is better to have a reputation based on others reacting to how you truly are so always be true to yourself.
This is the balance of skunk energy and Owl energy!
Old 24-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Master
WOW, Mash!! That is something! I would call that a validation right there... How wonderful White Shaman is here woohoo!

Chills here too, WS! Altho' I don't think I've ever had a dream of skunks, I absolutely ADORE them! It is wonderful to think that precious critter crossed your path & is appearing in your dreams, Mash to bring comfort (& it's medicine) to you both.. Incredible...
Old 24-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMamma
WOW, Mash!! That is something! I would call that a validation right there... How wonderful White Shaman is here woohoo!

Chills here too, WS! Altho' I don't think I've ever had a dream of skunks, I absolutely ADORE them! It is wonderful to think that precious critter crossed your path & is appearing in your dreams, Mash to bring comfort (& it's medicine) to you both.. Incredible...

Thanks Earthmmma! This has been truly incredible!
Sounds like a fitting time to honor Skunk and Owl. I honor animals by learning about them and what I have learned about Skunk and is the coolest thing IMO is that it will warn you before it sprays you.
It has a few ways of doing that. To me that is awesome and teaches allot!

To honor Owl here, if I may share an article I wrote to honor her that was printed in a local newspaper. It shares much of what I have learned about her and it it tells about an event that happened in our town related to her.
Peace and blessings, James

In honor of "The Night Tiger"

Last week a Great Horned Owl was found limping across a CT road dragging an illegal "foot hold"
steel trap around by its mangled leg.
As I read this story and watched the news coverage, needless to say, I was extremely saddened
by it.
This particular variety of owl, in my opinion, is the most magnificent of all of nature's birds of
prey. It deserves to be honored and respected, not harmed due to the careless act of one or more
ignorant individuals.
When you become informed of some of the fascinating and interesting facts about this bird, you
immediately become aware that this is much more than "just an animal" and that it is surely the
handiwork of something much bigger and more profound than most can even imagine.
It is respectfully nicknamed the "night tiger" and "a cat with wings" as it is an awesome night
hunter equipped with talons and strength that can swiftly and mercifully takes down its prey. This
bird has 500 pounds per square inch of gripping power in its talons! (An adult human male's hands
have only 60 pounds per square inch!)
It can turn its neck 270 degrees in either direction without moving its body!
They have spectacular binocular vision that allows them to see and spot prey in low light and
their hearing is even more spectacular than their vision as their ears are offset on either side of the
head to help pinpoint both horizontal and vertical direction of sound!
They are about 18-25 inches long and have a wingspan of 35-60 inches and lastly but sadly as
related to this story, most great horned owls are known to mate for life.
On the mystical side, the great horned owl is revered by many cultures and is believed to be a
symbol of the feminine essence of Spirit. It is associated with the moon and night and is considered
a bird of magic and darkness, of prophecy and wisdom. They say the owl teaches us to trust our
instincts.
Whoever set this trap certainly lacks the knowledge above that teaches us to respect nature and
all of its creatures. Did they even consider such a thing happening and decided that "it's just an animal"?
Did they even consider that someone's dog or cat or even someone's child could have been mangled
by this trap and decided to set it anyway?
I don't know these answers but just maybe they will read this and think twice next time.
It's only natural to let an incident like this cause us to react emotionally and make it become a
stepping stone to further ones cause or beliefs, but in the spirit of this newspaper, to find the good
news in the world and in our town, let me just say that after reading several internet discussions
posted by everyone from vegetarians to hunters and from trappers to wildlife rehabilitators, that the
good news one can derive from this unfortunate incident is, that it seems, that most responsible
people, no matter what their own personal views and beliefs on trapping or hunting or animal rights
or wildlife rehabilitation, feel that this incident was illegal and unnecessary and horrific and are as
saddened and sickened by it as I am.
This is not a story about trapping; it is about illegal and immoral trapping. Respectful trappers
everywhere are appalled by it.
It is heart warming and encouraging, seeing the outpouring of emotion and help that is coming
from people everywhere, who thanks to the media, have heard of our local celebrity.
I am told that people as far away as Canada have offered to rehabilitate this poor creature and that
wildlife rehabilitation centers all over have had their phones ringing off the hook as concerned individuals
scramble to find hope for this great bird of prey.
Finally, in closing, my respect and good wishes to Kathy Grasso, veterinarian and wildlife rehabilitator
for her compassion and care for this creature and I trust that whatever the outcome of this
story, that she will insure that it is made from a place of compassion and experience.
Thank you, James
Old 24-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Master
Hello WS!

Thank you so much for sharing... I'm off to a playdate, but I cannot WAIT to read your article... I'll be back soon! Oh I did read the part about Skunk giving a warning -- that is soooo cool! Wow......
Old 27-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Ascender

James thank you so much for sharing that article, it was wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Recently I've been infatuated with owls and I have no clue why. Maybe it's because I was given a snowy owl for Christmas? lol whatever the reason I don't really care because they are magnificent creatures.
EarthMamma, I've been meaning to ask you what is that in your picture? it's so cute!
Old 27-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
James thank you so much for sharing that article, it was wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Recently I've been infatuated with owls and I have no clue why. Maybe it's because I was given a snowy owl for Christmas? lol whatever the reason I don't really care because they are magnificent creatures.
EarthMamma, I've been meaning to ask you what is that in your picture? it's so cute!

Thank you My Lady!
I'm glad you enjoyed it! the snowy owl is got to be the coolest looking owl in my opinion..........
Where i use to volunteer at they had a saw whet owl and they are basically a minature owl with huge eyes. What a site!
They certainly are all magnificient!
Blessings, James
Old 27-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Ascender

Yes they are the cutest things! Reminds me of Harry Potter<3 Indeed I named my snowy owl Hedwig