Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 16-10-2018, 01:48 PM
Deactivated Account

Shivani Devi ji,
Can you please check out these webpages and book when you have some time to spare and let me know if it is effective or of any use ?

https://www.godtalkstoyou.com/
https://www.amazon.com/God-Talks-You.../dp/1612967507
http://yogananda.com.au/podcast/p_how_can_you_talk.html

My taste in music is not that good ,but some times I imagine myself singing this not-so-good song for Krishna ji.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnWWj6xOleY

Last edited by captainamerica : 16-10-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Old 16-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Seeker

Shivani ji, for a experienced practitioner like you When you are awake how long can you go without a thought?
Old 16-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverider
Shivani ji, for a experienced practitioner like you When you are awake how long can you go without a thought?
It really depends on what I have to do that day and it is not really possible to go without a single thought for an extended time.

Really though, the thoughts all just slow right down and your brain goes into a holding pattern on autopilot.

Today, I have to go out for lunch with the family...so at 8am it's 'what am I gonna wear?...this will do' at 10am, it's going to be "where is that place again? I hope the traffic isn't too bad" and when I meet my family for lunch, no doubt I will be thinking things....but I get to fully control my thoughts.

Unless I want to think it, I don't have to think "I am typing to Waverider right now" and have my brain give a running commentary of my life.....I don't have to romanticise about the past or worry about the future and I certainly don't have to worry about what other people think of me.

The longest I have gone without a single thought though, is about three days once, when I allowed myself just to be lost in the Bliss for that long without grounding myself.
Old 16-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Shivani Devi ji,
Can you please check out these webpages and book when you have some time to spare and let me know if it is effective or of any use ?

https://www.godtalkstoyou.com/
https://www.amazon.com/God-Talks-You.../dp/1612967507
http://yogananda.com.au/podcast/p_how_can_you_talk.html

My taste in music is not that good ,but some times I imagine myself singing this not-so-good song for Krishna ji.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnWWj6xOleY
I will get to them in turn, just read the first one for now...

I mean, it started off cool...I especially liked this part:

Quote:
God planted a seed inside of you a long time ago and you can feel this seed awakening as you read these words. When you were a child there was probably a moment when God spoke to you and you knew it was God. You felt God's call, but you didn't know what to do. You have always known you were going to do something important, but you didn't know what it was. Now you will find out God's plan for your life.
Growing up you tried to communicate with God, but you kept missing something. You learned how to pray and ask God for things, but you didn't know how to listen for God's voice. God is speaking to you now in a tender thought process inside of your mind.
Yes, I really love that part and the whole premise of the blog.

However, I became IMMEDIATELY turned off by the very next line:

Quote:
You can stop reading if you want to. That’s what evil wants you to do. Evil doesn’t want you to get close to God. Evil wants you isolated from everybody. Evil wants you to think that there is no God, or if there is a God, God is mad at you. But if God were mad at you, you wouldn’t be feeling excited to read on.

I mean, I had just started getting into it, really getting into it, when they started with the whole polarisation again "good vs evil" and "God vs Satan"...why can't Christians just discuss a subject on its OWN merits, without saying "if you agree with this, you are a GOOD person and if you don't, you are a BAD/EVIL person?"...so I stopped reading.

Did Satan make me stop? not really...not unless Satan was the one who wrote the blog.

It is a nice message anyway and a timely reminder for me.

Funny thing is, if I told a Christian that "God speaks to me...His name is Shiva" a Christian would say "well, the one who speaks to me is called Jehovah...so whatever is speaking to YOU, isn't God, it is Satan."

Yes, another would say this to me, but I would not DARE criticise ANY God...because God is one...criticising human behaviour that is not "of God" is a different matter entirely, but in the end, who am I to judge it?
Old 16-10-2018, 10:48 PM
Master
There are certain circumstances where I DO think very bad things not under my control.

For example;

I have been staying with my mother and my brother's family for over a week now and during that time, I have been very busy cleaning, cooking, taking them wherever they need to go, arranging appointments and doing a lot of selfless seva.

Today, I woke up and had really bad stomach cramps...doubled over in pain I am...tried taking Donnagel....no help.

So, there are a few dishes in the sink...but I decided to just have a break for today and do them tonight/tomorrow or when this pain lets up..

My mother comes out of her room and bed (where she has been recovering from a hernia operation) and starts criticising me for my 'laziness'...I worked my a$$ off for 9 days...12 hour days non-stop and one day I come down with a stomach virus and that makes me "lazy"?

So, to "show me up", she starts washing the dishes HERSELF with one functioning hand going "I have stomach pain TOO...but look at ME...I can do it! and if I can do it, YOU can too!"...but she has been in bed the past 9 days moaning constantly in pain and I have been serving her.

So I had a thought..."I hope you just hurry up and effing die, you old cow".
Old 17-10-2018, 04:52 AM
Master
See, me 'having thoughts' is very dangerous and destructive...so I try not to have them....it's much easier that way.

I pretty much have only ONE fault/failing...well the major one anyway...two long-lost friends meeting in a crowded public thoroughfare is the anathema and abomination of my life!

I don't have many thoughts (if any) and I was in a crowded shopping mall doing the weekly grocery shopping for 6 people...I was trying to manage two shopping trolleys and a disabled mother in a wheelchair while my IBS was wracking my abdomen with excruciating agony...

Not many thoughts to be had except for chanting the mantra "I want to get home ASAP...please let me get home ASAP..." I was pretty much single-focused on the task I had to perform and the huge effort it took to perform it...

As I was exiting the mall, two women (who obviously haven't seen each other in many years) stopped to have a full-on chat...problem was, one was exiting the mall with a shopping trolley and one was entering the mall with two children in tow...and they decided to have this 10 minute conversation in the middle of the doorway, with other people pushing and shoving around them...

So, I was like "please excuse me, but I need to use the door...can this conversation be had elsewhere? like either inside OR outside?"

They said "wait your turn...we can stand here for as long as we like...it is a free country" and they started smirking at me...taking full advantage of a situation in which they get to CONTROL the movements of all other human beings around them out of total, blatant selfish inconsideration...and obviously enjoying every minute of it.

It wasn't until I said "listen b*tches, you can move either voluntarily, or else an ambulance will have to move you...your choice"...and I started rolling up my sleeves and putting on my "hate face"...."don't think I can take you on both at once? TRY ME"...

I wouldn't be able to live in an overpopulated country...I would literally kill myself because I wouldn't be able to move to get the essentials I would need to live and I would prefer to starve to death than deal with other stupid people...

Also, meditation does not help with this...however, I have found sitting down in the middle of the crowded area until others eventually MOVE, or even throwing a tantrum like a 2 year old works like a charm, every time...and I realise that if it wasn't for everybody ELSE having a mental illness, I would not have one myself...so I blame OTHER people and tell the good old "Law of Attraction" where its limitation is...because I am SURE if the universe wanted me to love others, it wouldn't keep doing this to me over and over and over...
Old 17-10-2018, 05:29 AM
Seeker

Shivani ji you are pretty amazing person. About the control over thoughts did you have it from very begining or did you work/practice to get there? If you practised then what is that practice?
My problem is negative thoughts. I feel that some is taunting me, bothering me, harrassing me, calling me names etc all the time. Although it is not real. I went through some bullying in school but not that excessive. I will give you an example, when i was reading your post about the mall incident that happened to you that time the thought in my head was it was happening to me. The thought was i am in a mall with 2 trolleys full of stuff and some cut through the line and now i am arguing with him. When i am readinv something or watching tv i think that the unpleasant situation is happening to me. How do i fix this?
Old 17-10-2018, 05:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverider
Shivani ji you are pretty amazing person. About the control over thoughts did you have it from very begining or did you work/practice to get there? If you practised then what is that practice?
My problem is negative thoughts. I feel that some is taunting me, bothering me, harrassing me, calling me names etc all the time. Although it is not real. I went through some bullying in school but not that excessive. I will give you an example, when i was reading your post about the mall incident that happened to you that time the thought in my head was it was happening to me. The thought was i am in a mall with 2 trolleys full of stuff and some cut through the line and now i am arguing with him. When i am readinv something or watching tv i think that the unpleasant situation is happening to me. How do i fix this?
Through the practice of mindfulness and observing what is going on, you can easily get to the stage where emotions are detached FROM the thoughts...I mean, I was annoyed and it put me in a bad mood, but I didn't fly off the handle..."you can either move, or I will deck you...your choice"...as cool and calm as you would have it.

I don't have the problem with worrying what others think and feeling the way you do, but if somebody gets in my way between my 'point A' and 'point B' when I don't have the capacity to deal with it at the time...watch out.

I would really like to know why the universe DOES this to me...honestly!

When an unpleasant situation occurs, I deal with it then and there...not worrying about whether it will or not...I blow up bigtime...then let it go...sometimes it will only take 5 minutes to let it go...sometimes 5 hours will pass while I stew about how a lot of people are only one gene away from dragging their knuckles on the ground...and I am thankful and grateful that I am not like them...non separation be damned.
Old 17-10-2018, 05:51 AM
Deactivated Account

Hi Friend,

So apparently the girl who claimed that she can talk to Mahavatar Babaji was lying.

I don't know why people do this or try to take the advantage of some other person just for money...
Old 17-10-2018, 05:57 AM
Master
One more thing...it's hard for me to talk about stuff sometimes, because I am a 'reverse empath'...remember I was telling you all about the gift I have? I can make others feel stuff and that has both positive and negative implications. I can lead another to samadhi...or to wallow in negativity and loathing.

I am a 'soul facilitator' who needs to set an example...however, not having anybody to share negative experiences with because it also drags them down is frustrating.