Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 23-04-2013, 11:28 PM
bluemoon4321

Wearing Moonstone to attract Moon Cycles

I posted this elsewhere, but would like any opinions that any of you have.
I had a hysterectomy about 6 years ago and feel lost because I don't have cycles anymore and the moon used to be an intricate part of my menstrual cycles. Women and the moon really go together. I felt like I should wear moonstone to attract the cycles I am supposed to have. What do you all think? Do I really want to attract moon cycles? Will that throw me off kilter or balance? I sure do love the moon. I am wearing my moonstone in a medicine bag day and night. someone told me that I will find my moon cycles again. How?, and is it something that I should have?
Old 24-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Master
Hello bluemoon ,

I'm sorry to hear about your hysterectomy. ( hugs )

Moonstone helps me to stay in touch with my femininity, intuition and wisdom. I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure at the age of 14. I understand when you say you feel lost. That was over 20 years ago.

Moonstone helps me to remember my dreams and has a lovely watery nurturing feminine energy. I have read that it should not be worn around the time of a full moon due to strong emotions but that could be an old wife's tale.

I too love the Moon and only tonight I could sense the energy of the fall moon while walking back from work. As I turned around the corner to my street there it was beaming at me. I feel more energized, inspired full of creative ideas. Just waiting to manifest :) x

I have read many esoteric books regarding the Moon and women's menstrual cycles . I understand how the two go hand in hand , however I felt sadden that I could not take part in this wonderful ritual of life . However I cheered myself up by accepting and celebrating who I am . I have come along way on my journey and I can honestly say I feel empowered just by being me .

As for moonstone helping you find your moon cycles , I would say yes and ask you to meditate with it , sleep with it and even have a relaxing bath with it :) Keep a diary and then you will see the results .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 24-04-2013, 12:54 AM
bluemoon4321

What a beautiful reply. Thank you for sharing your story. It sounds like you may have struggled with similar questions. I am so glad to hear that you feel "empowered and all woman". I am on my journey there. Feeling a little vulnerable today. I do see myself walking and embracing being empowered. It is part of my desire and I am making lots of steps toward that. Thank you again.
Old 24-04-2013, 01:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon4321
What a beautiful reply. Thank you for sharing your story. It sounds like you may have struggled with similar questions. I am so glad to hear that you feel "empowered and all woman". I am on my journey there. Feeling a little vulnerable today. I do see myself walking and embracing being empowered. It is part of my desire and I am making lots of steps toward that. Thank you again.

My pleasure . It's all part of the healing journey and the dance of life .

I will be dancing under the full moon and all the best , love and hugs x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 24-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Likes2Read

Quote:
I posted this elsewhere, but would like any opinions that any of you have.
I had a hysterectomy about 6 years ago and feel lost because I don't have cycles anymore and the moon used to be an intricate part of my menstrual cycles. Women and the moon really go together. I felt like I should wear moonstone to attract the cycles I am supposed to have. What do you all think? Do I really want to attract moon cycles? Will that throw me off kilter or balance? I sure do love the moon. I am wearing my moonstone in a medicine bag day and night. someone told me that I will find my moon cycles again. How?, and is it something that I should have?
I don't think it will hurt anything if you wear the moonstone.

Let's see how well I can write this without going into TMI territory... I had a hysterectomy in 2010, and since everything else was left intact, I still have hormonal cycles. There have always been other physical signs by which I could gauge where I was in any given cycle, besides the most obvious one that involves the uterus and its lining. I still have all those other symptoms. So the hormones are still doing whatever they do, even in the absence of the uterus.

If you are noticing such physical signs in yourself (mood changes, water weight gain, hunger, achiness), then it's probable that the rest of your hormonal cycle is proceeding normally. If my memory serves, the uterus does produce some of our cycle hormones, but there are other parts of the endocrine system that also produce and regulate female hormones. So the absence of the uterus is not necessarily going to spell the end of the hormonal cycle.

Having said all that, I do know there is such a thing as "surgical menopause", which can be a complication where the woman's body DOES abruptly quit having a hormonal cycle. That can be hard on the body, and that's something a woman should discuss with her doctor if it happens. There are medical treatments for that, and most likely there are holistic treatments a person could use for symptom relief, as well.

Incidentally, as someone who is approaching 50, I know that I am headed toward the time frame when the hormonal cycle starts winding down. So I am on the lookout for evidence of that appearing.

But going back to the moonstone... it's a beneficial stone to wear, Just Because. But it's entirely possible that you are still having a hormonal cycle. Review any physical signs that you might be experiencing and, if necessary, having a word with your doctor might help you discern whether that's the case.
Old 24-04-2013, 01:08 PM
bluemoon4321

Thank you for your response, Likes to Read, I thought about the symptoms of hormonal cycles that you mentioned and I really don't have those. At least not in any order. Sometimes I get moody, but it's usually because I need to stop and take care of myself to get myself back in balance, but I am usually not experiencing emotional ups and downs. Everything was taken out of me, so it was surgical menopause. I did immediately quit having a hormonal cycle, but I wonder if it's something a woman needs to be in balance? I will talk to my Dr. about this and see what she says. I love not having to deal with all the changes and I already went through menopause for about 5 years and then it all stopped. It just seems like something is missing. My connection with the moon?
Thank you for the information. I do appreciate your help.
Bluemoon
Old 24-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Master
I have posted you a great article. It's an interesting read x

Old 24-04-2013, 01:39 PM
bluemoon4321

Thank you so much. I read it and loved it.
Bluemoon
Old 24-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Master
Yes .... we are dancing with the moon :) The dark side of the moon LOL

Pink Floyd ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLOth-BuCNY

I'm afraid I can't post the article as it is linked to a page selling their own products, which goes against the forum rules .

Last edited by Topaz : 24-04-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 24-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Likes2Read

Quote:
Thank you for your response, Likes to Read, I thought about the symptoms of hormonal cycles that you mentioned and I really don't have those. At least not in any order. Sometimes I get moody, but it's usually because I need to stop and take care of myself to get myself back in balance, but I am usually not experiencing emotional ups and downs. Everything was taken out of me, so it was surgical menopause. I did immediately quit having a hormonal cycle, but I wonder if it's something a woman needs to be in balance? I will talk to my Dr. about this and see what she says. I love not having to deal with all the changes and I already went through menopause for about 5 years and then it all stopped. It just seems like something is missing. My connection with the moon?
Thank you for the information. I do appreciate your help.
Bluemoon
I'm sorry to hear about the surgical menopause, since I know it can be really hard on a woman's body to undergo an abrupt shift in hormonal levels. The friend of a friend went through it after a hysterectomy and she battled with all those unwanted symptoms that accompany the change. It's challenging enough to deal with them when the change has a gradual onset, never mind when there is a sudden and major alteration to hormones.

In this case, I would recommend seeking out rituals that may already exist, in order to unite with the cycles of the moon. Or, if you don't find an existing ritual that suits your needs or style, you will be able to create your own ritual and in that way, emotionally and mentally connect with the moon's cycles. And where the emotional and mental energies go, the body can follow. As above, so below.

If you do craft a ritual that is beneficial for you, I would also recommend sharing it, as there may be others in the future who are in need of the same sort of connection, and possibly for the same reasons.

Keep us posted. :)