Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-03-2019, 03:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I never said it's "just" but this is a theme I see in nearly all religions and spiritual traditions. Interesting that it's not perceived as relevant by you, JustBe.

Yes, a butcher is just doing that, and a farmer is just doing that, a mother is just doing this, and a shooter is just doing that other thing.

The danger of spiritual thinking is thinking that spiritual higher truths are equal in subjective reality. It's not that "labels" matter - it's that actions (or lack of) do.

JL

You can look anywhere in life and see something as relevant. Where you reside and notice life is just where your focused. The self that understands, compassion, loving kindness, is the self that leads itself through all life experiences. When you’ve looked at suffering, carnage, killing opened to a more aware direct seeing in this light, of yourself, the balance in yourself moves aware and open to what is.

Nothing needs to be a stand out, nothing needs to be more relevant than something else. In balanced awareness from within, you understand, are aware and move aware with all life experiences. Nothing is left out of that completeness.

So no I don’t see it as irrelevant.
Old 16-03-2019, 03:42 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Unceasing state of bliss irrespective of external circumstances is the visible manifestation of the so being to become love, albeit as of our gradually ascending ability to imbibe & assimilate the divine energy.

There always is the downward pull of inertia but we may egolessly see that we are no longer what or who we used to be, the fulcrum of consciousness having shifted or rather continuously shifting by our choice to so be & allow ourselves to dissolve into the flow.

The actuality as in graphically may be just simplistically said as that we are unceasingly bubbling with the effervescence of the elixir of life, nonjudging & uncalculating, unfettered & free flowing.

As the love energy occupies the voids within, we are centred and all energy points synchronous in a dance synced to the divine vibration.

Being as such, the analytical component of thoughts rest, employed only when needed and the default orientation of attention is intuitive. Rephrased, we may say that the doer transitions to a non-doer, an exuberant observer.

Fair enough
Old 16-03-2019, 04:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Unceasing state of bliss irrespective of external circumstances is the visible manifestation of the so being to become love, albeit as of our gradually ascending ability to imbibe & assimilate the divine energy.

There always is the downward pull of inertia but we may egolessly see that we are no longer what or who we used to be, the fulcrum of consciousness having shifted or rather continuously shifting by our choice to so be & allow ourselves to dissolve into the flow.

The actuality as in graphically may be just simplistically said as that we are unceasingly bubbling with the effervescence of the elixir of life, nonjudging & uncalculating, unfettered & free flowing.

As the love energy occupies the voids within, we are centred and all energy points synchronous in a dance synced to the divine vibration.

Being as such, the analytical component of thoughts rest, employed only when needed and the default orientation of attention is intuitive. Rephrased, we may say that the doer transitions to a non-doer, an exuberant observer.

“The unseeking seeker”..that’s worth a smile. :)
Old 16-03-2019, 04:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Merriam-Webster

Definition of spirituality

1 : something that in ecclesiastical law belongs to the church or to a cleric as such
2 : CLERGY
3 : sensitivity or attachment to religious values
4 : the quality or state of being spiritual

Definition of spiritual (Entry 1 of 2)

1 : of, relating to, consisting of, or affecting the spirit : INCORPOREAL
spiritual needs
2a : of or relating to sacred matters
spiritual songs
b : ecclesiastical rather than lay or temporal
spiritual authority
lords spiritual
3 : concerned with religious values
4 : related or joined in spirit
our spiritual home
his spiritual heir
5a : of or relating to supernatural beings or phenomena
b : of, relating to, or involving spiritualism : SPIRITUALISTIC

That was amusing :) Thanks.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 16-03-2019, 08:05 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Reflecting on recent events, and the posts and contributions of the good people on this forum, it occurs to me that some people see spirituality as "about me."
Unless you take yourself off to some desert island or isolate yourself completely, your Spirituality will affect others. Your beliefs change you as a person whether you realise it or not, and one of the subjects that often crops us is Spiritual people who feel they are isolated from the people around them because of their beliefs. When you view the world through the eyes of "I'm Spiritual, you're not" your perspective changes and that changes who you are and how you interact with people.

Isn't that self-awareness 101?

Quote:
Anyone see spirituality related to helping "others" - our fellow brothers and sisters, peace in the world, narratives etc.

How do you see spirituality and it place in doing something that relates to the word "service"?
I've seen discussions similar to those in the past and they fall into the same theme as this post.

Sometimes people are just people, but nobody wants to think about that.
Old 16-03-2019, 10:34 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe

As for service, being myself and understanding myself through many streams of life, allows me to be an aware participant. The roles assigned as to what we should and shouldn’t be doing, is really just about the one who decides this. Spirituality is not about just being of service. Take out labels and people are just doing what they want and can do.

Life is not just about suffering. Life is about everything life is and offers. I prefer my cup full to move and live. So if I dont honour myself, It will catch up with me. Life is about living. Living your life is the dream you create. I like my dreamer self.

This seems to me so pertinent. "Aware participant." It may not necessarily be spiritually inspired but it brings a knowing involvement in the service given. The decision we have to make.

I fully agree with your closing paragraph. It's up to us individually to work out how to deal with life's vicissitudes. it comes down to motivation in the end. I often read the word "bliss" here which brings with it implications about what an individual believes about their current state. Could be that their circumstances make life a pain and they want freedom from the chores necessary to survive - but to me bliss is just getting on with it. There's little point about spirituality for its own sake. To me it's about living.
Old 16-03-2019, 11:31 AM
ImthatIm

The amount of true Divine Love a person operates in naturally overflows and this Love naturally helps others.
Old 16-03-2019, 12:08 PM
Ascender

Hello all.

"All is one" seems like a reasonable observation which doesn't need to depend upon anything other than logic and common sense--it just is.

It is an observation which anyone can use as the lens of their personal perception if they so choose.

Some may want to take the observation beyond simply seeing to also choosing to behave in logical accordance with that observation.--In which case subsequent behaviour may be in accord with the so called golden rule which appears--apparently, though variously worded--in many beliefs. Though to hold close to that way, is a prior acceptance of such beliefs actually necessary if the choice of how to behave in relationship to all else is a personal choice?

It may be that those who choose to do so become more aware of all which is and their inclusion. Does this need to be understood as a spiritual experience enabled by divine influence or "simply" a consequence of how they choose to be?
petex
Old 16-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Reflecting on recent events, and the posts and contributions of the good people on this forum, it occurs to me that some people see spirituality as "about me."

"My wealth"
"My experiences"
"My dreams"
"My growth"
"My wow-moments"
"My insights"

Anyone see spirituality related to helping "others" - our fellow brothers and sisters, peace in the world, narratives etc.

How do you see spirituality and it place in doing something that relates to the word "service"?

Thanks

JL

(This is a repost)

janielee,

I see this same thing. This obsession with self......spirituality is meaningless if it translates to being only about oneself. If a mother has a child does not her focus change from herself to something much larger? Compassion is love in action......without love there is nothing. And for love to occur there must be both a lover and a loved one. This is the way that 'your love shines'.
Old 16-03-2019, 04:13 PM
Master
Hello,

The question that comes to minds is: Is Spiritual something defined or something lived?

Meaning what does being "spiritual" mean to the individual? Asking such question seem to form spirituality into an individual thing, doesn't it? It is reflected through discussions about it. But, some may feel can only speak of the self and not others.

Can agree if the individual does not understand or know something or what is being pointed to/suggested, then most likely will not comprehend it anyways.If spirituality is seen as self development, then this implies it to be a selfish act/self centered act, IMO.

If seen as becoming more in tune/unified with the divine, then at first may be about the self, but as one becomes more aware of the divine or what is divine, then does this expand out into the world?
As I see it happiness is found with in. Some may find through self practice and knowledge, but from whom is this given?
As I see it no one can make another happy. But another can inspire another to feel happy. To me, it also takes finding peace with and with in oneself.

We live in a interactive world and are influenced in many ways. Some are subtle and some in your face. To define things seem to be influenced by what is experienced and felt. But, I may feel and experience some things and not be able or find need to define one way or another, just take in or adapt to what it may bring.

A person does deeds that may be deemed good or bad, but is this based on being spiritual or just how life may unfold and how such acts may be interpreted by another? Both acts have their influences upon us. Can inspire others to be more compassionate, charitable, and caring. Can inspire others to be more untrusting, fearful, and uncaring.
Guess depends upon the environment and guidance one may live in and influenced by.

Again, the question rises is this all spiritual or not? For to know the divine and what it may be or feel, it would seem to me that one would have to be at least aware of what is not divine or gives that feeling of connection.

So, to me it is not a solo act. It is living life with all its ugliness and beauty. Becoming aware of the interconnection with each other and with nature. It all has its influences in some ways. Sure can go be a hermit, but still have to nourish this physical body and live in this world. Still would have my thoughts in some way, so I would think.

If Spiritual is about becoming aware of our Spiritual aspects, then what is not guiding one/us to become aware, whether one labels it or not?