Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-06-2018, 01:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownparadox
By that logic every parent, school teacher, police officer, judge, politician, dictator, ect, would have a huge amount of punishment in life. But it's pretty clear that's not the case.
Historically and even in today's world evil has always been in a position of power. Evil always triumphs over good. Two possible reasons for this. Good is to weak or stupid to over come evil. The universe prefers evil over good. Most likely the latter.

Not so much as punishment, but then it depends what you perceive as punishment.
Karma? yes, even so the term has been widely misinterpreted.

God is not stupid or weak, there is no such thing as a God, nor is there such thing as evil, in my understanding of creation.
Everything will end up in balance at some point, yet as long as creation needs to move forward, expand, there has to be a certain degree of imbalance. It is just very difficult if not impossible to see this from our vantage point.
Old 14-06-2018, 08:00 AM
Guide

I really doubt it's as black and white as you people argue.

Sometimes good people have good things happen to them, and sometimes good people don't. Why generalize this in a world full of complex scenarios?

Even the idea of someone being a "good"person or a "bad" person is black and white. We all have a good side and bad side to us -- one just happens to be stronger than the other.

How these sides of ourselves adapt to one situation to another varies. We're not people with stagnant personalities that never change over time and with different situations.

We change. We evolve. We adapt. Does the environment influence morality the most, or is it the parts of ourselves inside?

Who knows, but we keep going. Going and evolving and living out life for the better. We have control on how we're treated sometimes, as much as others' have control on how they treat others.
Old 14-06-2018, 11:57 AM
Lightbulb

Maybe it means..you do a great thing....but with unconscious expectation..
we don't get the appreciation we wanted....even unconsciously....
I dunno.
I just let someone down when they did something ....but it was done wrong...
I didn't give praise...sigh....taking care of little hurt feelings can be an all day job.
(I said an enthusiastic, ''Oh''....."Um...but it's bent...") oops.

So their good deed...was a downer for them.
I have to remember we all have an inner child in us even at 70...
and it takes no effort to say..''Wow, good job''...and leave it at that.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-06-2018, 04:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Not so much as punishment, but then it depends what you perceive as punishment.
Karma? yes, even so the term has been widely misinterpreted.

Good point! Yes, punishment is the wrong word as I thought punishment was not in the vocabulary of karma. Karma is much more. It really doesn't matter if we try breaking down into parts as there is still the individual at any level we can bring up and is at the level of act and intention. Actually only the person knows their own heart so this is their karma based on that heart or truth. There still exists karma as all is composed of individuals and acts in all the parts, even at the group level, through our connection of actions (and decisions) that affect one other. It cannot be escaped.
Old 14-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
Yes that would be wrong.

Certainly some people don't want to be helped and that should be respected.

But what is wrong with offering to help. Imo it is not something people should be afraid to do, to offer and ask is not forcing another. I don't know the person and don't know what they think unless I ask, that is all I'm aware of. What I feel or think may not be what they feel or think. Why are we afraid to talk with each other. I am getting the idea people are jumping to the conclusion don't ask when we don't know the answer we will receive. Also wanted to point out from my own observation and experience, humans are the only creatures that are and seem to have the capacity to say one thing and do the opposite. Lying is an example. People are always told mind your own business. Tomorrow might be a different answer given. Universe is like that to. Do you know how many times I told universe to mind it's own business.
Old 14-06-2018, 05:12 PM
Molearner

Possibly the 'good deed' will be punished if it was done for ego enhancement? If it was done out of pure and unconditional love maybe not?
Old 14-06-2018, 05:25 PM
Molearner

A corralary: If evil exists, is a reality, then good deeds will be punished because good is antithetical to evil. Essentially we are punished either way. If we do 'good' for ego enhancement perhaps it will be divine punishment. In a sense we choose who our punisher will be.....:) Fortunately the divine offers a remedy either by forgiveness or mercy.
Old 14-06-2018, 11:47 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
God is not stupid or weak, there is no such thing as a God, nor is there such thing as evil, in my understanding of creation.
In my reality evil exist. A person does not have to be wholly evil to do a evil act, and vice versa. But rest assured their are wholly evil people out there. A lot of them are in positions of power.
Quote:
Everything will end up in balance at some point, yet as long as creation needs to move forward, expand, there has to be a certain degree of imbalance. It is just very difficult if not impossible to see this from our vantage point.
I can agree with that. Because from my vantage point, it is most definitely imbalanced.
Old 15-06-2018, 12:13 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I just let someone down when they did something ....but it was done wrong...
I didn't give praise...sigh....taking care of little hurt feelings can be an all day job.
(I said an enthusiastic, ''Oh''....."Um...but it's bent...") oops.
Aww I am sorry to hear that. I'm sure you didn't mean anything bad, and probably felt bad as well. I have found it really doesn't pay to be observant.
Old 15-06-2018, 04:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownparadox
By that logic every parent, school teacher, police officer, judge, politician, dictator, ect, would have a huge amount of punishment in life. But it's pretty clear that's not the case.
Historically and even in today's world evil has always been in a position of power. Evil always triumphs over good. Two possible reasons for this. Good is to weak or stupid to over come evil. The universe prefers evil over good. Most likely the latter.

The temporary triumph of evil over good simply reflects humanity's state of consciousness. It seems a bit of a leap to conclude that therefore the universe prefers evil over good.

Peace.