Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 06-04-2023, 05:32 PM
Master
The 'normal' world.

I know that there is no such thing as an accurate definition of normal. But these are the things that characterise most people I know. Most people are in a partnership - either married or have boyfriend/girlfriend. They have children and even grandchildren. They own or rent their own house. Have a job. They own one or more cars. Go on holiday once or twice a year. Sport and TV are their main source of relaxation. They are pre-occupied by worldly events....and so on.

Compared to my life - single, live with my Mum, no car, no holidays, no children, don't watch tv or do sports, do not watch or read the news, no job.

Instead I ponder the meaning of life, enjoy board games, further my spiritual progress, live a quiet and spiritual life.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-04-2023, 07:57 PM
Administrator
Its good sometimes to ponder the meaning of life Everyone will have their own Definition on it.
As for watching TV very rarely Hate reading. I do watch Netflix.
and watch my dvd's.
Don't go on holidays anymore but used to.

Namaste
Old 07-04-2023, 12:15 AM
Master

I think normal to most people is a home , family childern, grand childern , tv , etc.. A few are happy as a monk living in a cave . Some live out of a van or 4x4 and make You tube videos . What ever floats your boat as they say .
Old 07-04-2023, 09:05 AM
Master

Honza. Can’t see anything wrong with your life mate. Sounds pretty ideal to me.

I’ve never lived, what is classed as a normal life. I’ve been far too curious about the world to do so.

Sure I’ve been married, had the kids, gone to work etc for a short time but still managed to integrate other things into my life such as creativity, travel, sporting achievements etc.

Nowadays it is very similar to yours Honza and I love it! Don’t feel the need to do any of the above anymore.

Just feeling content with where you are and what you have is a wonderful feeling.
Old 07-04-2023, 01:16 PM
Master
Yes, I have a job, because I have no one else to take care of me, a vehicle so I can get to work and buy food and to pay for shelter. Because again there is no one else to do it for me. I am married because she is the love of my life and my only companion.
But that's where my "normal" ends. My wife and I live a very solitary and simple life.
Strip yourself down to absolutely nothing and alone, and feel how fast you really become a spiritual person. You will grow spiritually in ways you never imagined. Trust me.... I been there and wouldn't trade those experiences for anything! I never want to stop growing or learning or do I want to become content.
Old 07-04-2023, 04:02 PM
Master

HALLOW……” Strip yourself down to absolutely nothing and alone, and feel how fast you really become a spiritual person.”

Yes I have found this to be totally true.
Old 07-04-2023, 07:38 PM
Knower

Both ways of life are great. Nothing wrong with not having those things in a normal life, and spending time on your own inner growth and development. We all come to life drawn to certain things and not others, and whatever you are drawn to that you feel serves you, is authentic :)
Old 07-04-2023, 09:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I know that there is no such thing as an accurate definition of normal. ...

I always thought that it is better to compare myself with the frontrunners, not with the norm ... :) You get what you focus upon.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-04-2023, 02:22 AM
Master
Hey, Honza. A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's where it's not meant to be. Get out there and find spirituality on your own terms. Feel and live every little bit of it!
Old 08-04-2023, 08:47 AM
Master
The more I think about it, that is becoming a pretty normal way of life for people. My downstairs neighbor lives like that. His girlfriend pays for rent, food, takes the kids to school and so on. He has a whole basement full of exercise equipment and dirty laundry. It's a shared laundry room in the basement. All the times he's the basement smoking pot (you can smell it 2 floors up with the radio turned way up can hear it 2 floors up as well, he never starts any laundry. The piles just keep growing.