Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 05-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Dharma Employee

despite the various categories, TF,KSM and SM, similiar qualities persist so how ....

does one know

is time the only means test for this

with twin flames, karmic soul mates, and soul mates peeps, all speak of similiar experience so how on earth, despite a proffessed inner knowing, can one measure

I would think time is the only way or the experience of finding it impossible to cut the cord

something
Old 06-11-2010, 05:27 PM
chartreuse

Well, Steve Gunn says that twin flames, while they exist, are EXTREMELY rare. He categorizes all of the things you mentioned under the general term "soul connection."

Which, I think, is probably a more helpful way to approach it. If you have that deep kind of connection with someone, that transcends time and space and the synchronicities are flying at you, then should the label really matter? If you know your soul and their soul are connected, I think it's more important to just focus on the relationship itself and what you two are supposed to learn from each other, rather than just trying to pigeonhole it into a box labeled "A" or "B" or "C," because, for one thing, if you have a pre-conception about what the relationship is, you could completely miss what you're SUPPOSED to learn.

I know that I have felt a lot better since I stopped trying to figure out what box to put the guy I have this connection with in, and just keep going forward with an open mind, and, more importantly, an open heart.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:38 AM
despejado

Time

Time and a knowing in the heart and soul tells us it's a twin-soul as opposed to a Soul mate. Some people say you will have a deep sense of knowing if it's your twin - this is not really that helpful to people in the initial stages of the connection because everything is chaotic.

It took me over two and a half years to be really sure.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Amberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma Employee
does one know

is time the only means test for this

with twin flames, karmic soul mates, and soul mates peeps, all speak of similiar experience so how on earth, despite a proffessed inner knowing, can one measure

I would think time is the only way or the experience of finding it impossible to cut the cord

something

Yeah basically just time and experience. I had never even heard of twin flames when i met mine. I knew of soulmates but i didnt know there were different ones such as karmic soulmates etc. I wasn't even that spiritual at the time. My empathy has only begun to open and over the course of time, the odd occurences, emotion etc made me question who on earth this man was. Which led me to this forum
Old 12-11-2010, 10:42 PM
despejado

The truth will certainly come out but probably not at a time when you feel like it's desperately needed.
Old 13-11-2010, 09:01 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by despejado
Time and a knowing in the heart and soul tells us it's a twin-soul as opposed to a Soul mate. Some people say you will have a deep sense of knowing if it's your twin - this is not really that helpful to people in the initial stages of the connection because everything is chaotic.

It took me over two and a half years to be really sure.

I must have gotten lucky then because it took me maybe a month and a half. But because he ran, I figured he recognized me first.