Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Space_Man

Free-Will, Choice, and Pre-Destination...

Let
Old 09-01-2006, 09:47 AM
DASA

Free Will & Kung-Fu

Hello Spaceman,

This is a bit of a weird source - did you ever watch the 'Kung-Fu' series on the TV back in the 70's & 80's written by Bruce Lee, staring David Caradine?

In one episode an old wise man is asked the question of free-will, and I still havn't heard a better answer. It matches the traditional Vedic view perfectly.

"The future is already written, and yet each man is still free to do as he chooses. These things may seem contradictory, but in reality both are true."

You have to admit it's a classic line for TV serial !!

From Bhagavad-Gita (7.26) Krishna says "as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, I know everything that has happened in the past, all that is happening in the present, and all things that are yet to come. I also know all living entities; but Me no one knows."

This for me at least confirms the first part of the old man's wisdom. Personal intuition completes the second.

Gouranga,

ys, Das
Old 09-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Poppies

Re: Free-Will, Choice, and Pre-Destination...

[quote=Space_Man]So, let
Old 09-01-2006, 11:00 AM
sashwah

predestiny

Here are my thoughts on the matter... I believe the free will part comes in before incarnation. We choose our parents for the lessons we need to learn. We choose everything that happens to us before we even come to the world. That is our free will. After that we have free will in how we handle things as they come up, if you don't learn, the same themes occurr in your life... people have patterns of mistakes. How often do you hear someone say "why does this keep happening to me"???

Old 09-01-2006, 11:07 AM
sashwah

Sorry spaceman, i didn't specifically answer your question. Yes i believe jesus had a preset destiny.. especially if you link this to your thread of Jesus being adam reincarnate! and many others too... Even Krishna anf Buddah apparently, although i haven't looked into that yet.. lol!
Old 09-01-2006, 08:29 PM
Space_Man

[quote=DASA] This is a bit of a weird source
Old 09-01-2006, 08:34 PM
sashwah

If Jesus didn't have a preset destiny then how come he keeps getting reincarnated as another godhead? It must be so, nothing like that would repeat itself by chance. Unless of course he chose to come back as an important figure head everytime, which would give him a higher status than any other mortal, which would indicate that he wasn't a mere mortal at all but some kind of higher being... where does that leave us?
Old 09-01-2006, 08:38 PM
sashwah

In fact i believe that jesus had a preset destiny because he was a human, and as i have said before, we choose our life, we just forget it when we are born. The puzzle is to figure out what choices you have already made, and what the clues you have laid out are trying to steer yourself towards. As an analogy.. it's a bit like the film Paycheck.
:lol:
Old 09-01-2006, 11:29 PM
howiemac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashwah
The puzzle is to figure out what choices you have already made, and what the clues you have laid out are trying to steer yourself towards.

I like this explanation - your higher/inner self (intuition) knows what you have to (are going to) do - follow this and everything flows easily - struggle againsts it and you will be forced into line by circumstances and events - when bad things happen they are pre-arranged lessons to push your towards listening to your inner self.... following this, if our conscious mind had not forgotten what is predestined to happen, there would really be no point in acting it out - the game would cease to entertain....

as you can guess, i lean towards predestination, (but i also like my freedom... :? )
Old 10-01-2006, 12:01 AM
sashwah

I must admit, i haven't long since figured this out. it's taken a lot of soul searching because i never listened to myself before. I went from distaction to distraction. I now see my future and i know where i'm going.. at least for a while...! It's working though, and it's not a bad philosophy to have is it?
:)
Closed Thread