Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 23-10-2019, 12:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Thankyou.

I read through that discussion in part and I see many relationships to my own journey and integration. I understand these processors you and others talk about in those discussions. I understand how (through the emptiness and silence) everything becomes a flow of energy (light, ground of being) Everything you’ve been (your own unique life creation) merged through deeper integration into ‘nothingness’ opens up everything as a ‘source’ of energy that then moves more effortlessly as a spontaneous arising and ongoing creative shared space in this way.

When I say to those curious in my world who are seeking to ‘resolve’ their suffering, ‘ I am now just being’ - I share this mainly to show it’s about being everything you’ve been as a clear source of energy that moves and flows effortlessly without needing to know, without desire or need to make it be anything other than just being yourself and being open/connecting as you are.

I think energy and flow opens the awareness of just being an empty vessel (completely out of the way, but open and aware) , I’m not thinking about energy or flow now (for this discussion I am to highlight my being and movements as I am now aware). The most interesting aspect is that the creative energy seeks to be expressed/shared and realized through your own realisations or realized being. So everything you become or are being realized becomes potential through the natural state of oneness with all life.

Which is why, as I often share, where i interact and be open to what is with other life as they are, you can naturally, in being yourself, give others permission to be as they are. Of course that challenges you to be very ok with everything in you ‘unrealized’ all activations, sensations and areas within you still not open to itself.

Openness is open in every way of ones being.

The potential is within every moment to moment of living and being as I see it now in this way. I’m no longer the driver of anything. The being level understands its reflecting what it’s become. And when your no longer involved with the processors it’s ‘effortless being’- which is where I’m aware and noticing myself.

I’m also noticing that when people talk about being of service, giving back- when one gets ‘it’ themselves just being you without containment, as you are, the giving back is also just being you. Moving as this in the world, what you become, is what the world receives through these processors.

I’m not consciously ‘thinking’ I have to be anything, do anything, serve anything.

I’ve let go of all need and desire to let the natural spontaneous flow of myself just be as it will be.

At the ‘spirit level’ of light and oneness I see myself becoming this deeper in myself and one with all life. I see it and know it but I’m not yet in my being reflecting this aware and realized. Like yourself, I’ve been in it as an experience aware when I merged with a spirit many years ago, but now I know I’m becoming all that as myself. Or as some say, ‘through me’..

What I become (fully realized AND open) is what I shine..

Within you is the light of one thousand suns..

Very nice :)

So what cool stuff can you do?
Old 23-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
In the practice I I am only aware of what is, as it is, in the way I experience it, so there is no desire for 'something else', and because there is no desire, there is no volition to 'make it as I want it to be.

So you are thinking about chicken. How some fried chicken with some mashed potatoes sounds good. Not Kentucky Fried chicken but maybe some Popeye's spicy chicken.

That's "what is" going through the mind. So to you any act of will to focus on the breath or to change thinking about some fried chicken is wrong?

What is has many levels, one cannot say they are doing "what is" when they are still trapped in thoughts.

Quote:
If I ask someone if they are aware of the desire and aversion that compels them to volition. It is just the know, as a fact, what is true of yourself.

Sounds good but has nothing to do with energy work. As the Dalai Lama pointed out a simple breathing exercise can help calm the mind.

Quote:
I simply know how attachment generates misery.

I'm, glad you have read the 4 Noble Truths but if you are not detached from obstructions how can you say you are even close to "what is". Basicly you are saying I am aware at the moment if I am hungry, sad, cold, angry or of a loud noise from the neighbors as it is.

That's nice but the practice and the realization of "what is" is a little deeper than that.

Quote:
That's it!

It is one of the many factors. It was a way of pointing out that is all you are focusing on and missing everything else.

Quote:
Mindfulness is the practice undertaken in all the traditions.

Not just Buddhist..

Quote:
I didn't say things are imagined - I only said thoughts are imaginary.

Thoughts as imaginary is not a Buddhist concept. Buddhism works towards the clarity of thoughts.

Quote:
Anapanna is very detailed meditation practice so the philosophy and the method are very nuanced as well.

The word Jhana doesn't appear in the anapanna or satipatthana suttas, so I can't see how its important with respect to mindfulness. I have very little idea what Jhannas are, so I can't reasonably say, but I understand anapanna through formal teaching and extensive practice, and if there is a particular point of difference you take issue with, I'd be happy to go over that in more detail.

The Buddha gave many teachings and often talked about the jnanas and how they relate to the practices he laid out. It's like you read one book and then say to yourself you know it all.

Also, your teaching of Anapanna is very different than any Buddhist teaching on the subject.
Old 23-10-2019, 01:39 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color .Space( Time *) i (* Time )Space.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
everything surrenders and dissolves from the power of bliss and silence.

Quietening of the mind, is the action of putting-in-order, the actions around us { environment }, so we may go forward in peaceful contemplemation of the greater wholistic set, and all of its subset parts.

If we truly listen, we never hear silence. Even in sensory depreviation tanks, people do not experience silence, because the body is noisy and the mind is affected by the body's action.

If we truly care, we aim/direct/steer that noise outside of us ---the environment--- into patterns-of-order, that, we can then apply via verbalization, or just hands on touch, to that which we feel is appropriate to fit our personal needs or needs of others.

Our first breath { prana } is In-Spire-ation.

I believe that it is the infants first In-Spiration of breath ---and umbilical chord disconnect-- that seperates the infants ego { i } identifier from the mothers ego { i } identifier.

Spire = cone
and the minimal cone is a triangular based pryamid aka tetra{4}hedron. LINK

At the peak of contraction of lungs ---Ex-Spiration--- we see increase of layers of outer surface Gravity ( ) increasing to create the largest possible black hole that is referred to some as a singularity ((((*)))) yet is is not and can never be such singularity.

At the peak of expansion of the lungs ---In-Spiration--- we have entropic heat death ---via Dark Energy )(--- where all fermionic matter and bosonic forces have been dispersed as one very large and very flat{ lowest frequency } photon.

1} Eternity is to time, ---/\/\/---> occupied space that is specifically entropic aka the arrow-of-time ----^v^v^v---->

2} As infinite is to space, ---Space( )( )Space--- occupied { syntropic } and the non-occupied { macro-irrelevant }is the macro-infinite non-occupied space beyond/outside of our finite, occupied space Universe.

There is no returning to womb, only going forward in time ---/\/\/--->

............~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
............Space( Time *) i (* Time )Space..........

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 23-10-2019, 02:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
So you are thinking about chicken. How some fried chicken with some mashed potatoes sounds good. Not Kentucky Fried chicken but maybe some Popeye's spicy chicken.

That's "what is" going through the mind. So to you any act of will to focus on the breath or to change thinking about some fried chicken is wrong?

What is has many levels, one cannot say they are doing "what is" when they are still trapped in thoughts.

Sounds good but has nothing to do with energy work. As the Dalai Lama pointed out a simple breathing exercise can help calm the mind.

I'm, glad you have read the 4 Noble Truths but if you are not detached from obstructions how can you say you are even close to "what is". Basicly you are saying I am aware at the moment if I am hungry, sad, cold, angry or of a loud noise from the neighbors as it is.

That's nice but the practice and the realization of "what is" is a little deeper than that.

It is one of the many factors. It was a way of pointing out that is all you are focusing on and missing everything else.

Not just Buddhist..

Thoughts as imaginary is not a Buddhist concept. Buddhism works towards the clarity of thoughts.

The Buddha gave many teachings and often talked about the jnanas and how they relate to the practices he laid out. It's like you read one book and then say to yourself you know it all.

Also, your teaching of Anapanna is very different than any Buddhist teaching on the subject.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink.
If you want to learn Buddhism read the Suttas/Sutras, or if possible attend a Buddhist Monastery/Teaching Centre/Sangha, not an Hindu Ashram, there are differences as seen on here.
We have seen the misconceptions regarding Desires, there are numerous Buddhists Teachings available from reputable sources, such as Ajahn Chah, Accesstoinsight and many more explaining Skillful Desires.

'The second point that's often missed is that the noble truths give two roles to desire, depending on whether it's skillful or not. Unskillful desire is the cause of suffering; skillful desire forms part of the path to its cessation. Skillful desire undercuts unskillful desire, not by repressing it, but by producing greater and greater levels of satisfaction and well-being so that unskillful desire has no place to stand. This strategy of skillful desire is explicit in the path factor of right effort:'
Old 23-10-2019, 02:41 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color .Space( Time *) i (* Time )Space.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I didn't say things are imagined - I only said thoughts are imaginary.

This is the imaginary buddha as the perfect buddha.

Real buddhas are Thích Nhất Hạnh, Martin Luther King, Jimmy Carter, Mother Teresa

What does it mean to kill the buddha if you meet him on the road?

https://www.learnreligions.com/kill-the-buddha-449940

I.e you have met an illusion of perfection, not actual perfection. We can never attain perfection, we can only strive to attain perfection.

Cleaning toilets as ways to enlightenment.

https://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/bud...om-a-monk.aspx

"....For example, one of the many stories in his book is entitled, humorously, “The Joy of Having Toilets”. This tale begins with a question—“How can I possibly be happy cleaning the toilet?”

...Nhất Hạnh goes on to explain that, when he was a novice monk in Vietnam, he and those around him did not have toilets at all. In fact, they were lucky to find a few dead leaves to use after their walk up the hill to use the bathroom, in fact!

Now, he feels that having a toilet to clean at all is a reason for joy"....

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 23-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink.
If you want to learn Buddhism read the Suttas/Sutras, or if possible attend a Buddhist Monastery/Teaching Centre/Sangha, not an Hindu Ashram, there are differences as seen on here.
We have seen the misconceptions regarding Desires, there are numerous Buddhists Teachings available from reputable sources, such as Ajahn Chah, Accesstoinsight and many more explaining Skillful Desires.

'The second point that's often missed is that the noble truths give two roles to desire, depending on whether it's skillful or not. Unskillful desire is the cause of suffering; skillful desire forms part of the path to its cessation. Skillful desire undercuts unskillful desire, not by repressing it, but by producing greater and greater levels of satisfaction and well-being so that unskillful desire has no place to stand. This strategy of skillful desire is explicit in the path factor of right effort:'

Some good info and thank you for the advice. Like you said you have to know when a conversation is going nowhere.
Old 23-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
This is the imaginary buddha as the perfect buddha.

Real buddhas are Thích Nhất Hạnh, Martin Luther King, Jimmy Carter, Mother Teresa

What does it mean to kill the buddha if you meet him on the road?

https://www.learnreligions.com/kill-the-buddha-449940

I.e you have met an illusion of perfection, not actual perfection. We can never attain perfection, we can only strive to attain perfection.

Cleaning toilets as ways to enlightenment.

https://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/bud...om-a-monk.aspx

"....For example, one of the many stories in his book is entitled, humorously, “The Joy of Having Toilets”. This tale begins with a question—“How can I possibly be happy cleaning the toilet?”

...Nhất Hạnh goes on to explain that, when he was a novice monk in Vietnam, he and those around him did not have toilets at all. In fact, they were lucky to find a few dead leaves to use after their walk up the hill to use the bathroom, in fact!

Now, he feels that having a toilet to clean at all is a reason for joy"....

' Now, he feels that having a toilet to clean at all is a reason for joy"....'

I agree with him.
Old 23-10-2019, 04:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Some good info and thank you for the advice. Like you said you have to know when a conversation is going nowhere.

Best just to Post Authentic Buddhists Teachings to show the difference between misconceptions.
Old 23-10-2019, 05:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Quietening of the mind, is the action of putting-in-order, the actions around us { environment }, so we may go forward in peaceful contemplemation of the greater wholistic set, and all of its subset parts.

If we truly listen, we never hear silence. Even in sensory depreviation tanks, people do not experience silence, because the body is noisy and the mind is affected by the body's action.

If we truly care, we aim/direct/steer that noise outside of us ---the environment--- into patterns-of-order, that, we can then apply via verbalization, or just hands on touch, to that which we feel is appropriate to fit our personal needs or needs of others.

Our first breath { prana } is In-Spire-ation.

I believe that it is the infants first In-Spiration of breath ---and umbilical chord disconnect-- that seperates the infants ego { i } identifier from the mothers ego { i } identifier.

Spire = cone
and the minimal cone is a triangular based pryamid aka tetra{4}hedron. LINK

At the peak of contraction of lungs ---Ex-Spiration--- we see increase of layers of outer surface Gravity ( ) increasing to create the largest possible black hole that is referred to some as a singularity ((((*)))) yet is is not and can never be such singularity.

At the peak of expansion of the lungs ---In-Spiration--- we have entropic heat death ---via Dark Energy )(--- where all fermionic matter and bosonic forces have been dispersed as one very large and very flat{ lowest frequency } photon.

1} Eternity is to time, ---/\/\/---> occupied space that is specifically entropic aka the arrow-of-time ----^v^v^v---->

2} As infinite is to space, ---Space( )( )Space--- occupied { syntropic } and the non-occupied { macro-irrelevant }is the macro-infinite non-occupied space beyond/outside of our finite, occupied space Universe.

There is no returning to womb, only going forward in time ---/\/\/--->

............Space( Time *) i (* Time )Space..........

you and i are speaking about entirely different topics.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 23-10-2019, 06:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Best just to Post Authentic Buddhists Teachings to show the difference between misconceptions.

That is what I have been doing but not everyone wants to read it or follow the links.

Do you see me doing otherwise?