Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 08-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Seeker

Have you ever lost any gemstone jewelry?

You've heard the discussions about missing tumbled stones, and other loose pieces of stone, but what about jewelry with stones set in it?

I lost one half of my labradorite studs today... or it's served its purpose and decided to bid me farewell. Hopefully I'll be able to find it in the morning, when I can actually see the nooks and crannies of my car. It wasn't an expensive piece but it was certainly one of the most sentimental pieces. I've grown rather attached to them.

I was picking up a gift for a friend's upcoming birthday and as I was entering the car, I pushed my hair back and my bracelet tugged against one of my studs. I didn't think it was enough force to pull the stud off but an hour later, I reached for my ear and my stud wasn't on! I searched around my seat but I couldn't find it. I looked around the passenger's seat and couldn't find it either. I drove back to the previous destination, searched the parking spot I had previously parked in and the area nearby but to no avail.

My first earring I've ever lost... I feel almost sorry for its sibling.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:22 PM
lemurian

Oh it can be heartbreaking. I'm sorry you lost your earring... And labradorite is one of my favourite stones too.

When I was an art student at university in the early 90s I wore a beautiful copper wire wrapped dark purple tumbled amethyst on a leather cord around my neck. It felt like a part of me... I even slept in it. I had it for several years, but then about 4 weeks before the end of my final year, I wore it to a nightclub, and awoke the next morning horrified to find the cord in tact around my neck, but the stone missing! I was mortified! I still lament the loss of that stone, but feel it was there for a time and served its purpose (perhaps to fine tune my creativity whilst studying).

As for your orphaned earring, maybe you could look at getting it made into a small pendant without going to too much expense?