Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 12-06-2016, 12:02 AM
Master
What difference does it make?

Hello,

What difference does it make what one believes or not?

Old 12-06-2016, 12:14 AM
Gracey

How boring life would be if we all believed the same thing. Life would be static.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
How boring life would be if we all believed the same thing. Life would be static.

Hi Gracey,

Ain't that the truth.

Wonder at times why some bicker so much about it.
I mean does a tree really care what a squirel believes?
Perhaps it's just a human thing. Can't say for sure.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:41 AM
Knower

It comes down to whether a belief is harmful to self and others. The real measuring stick here is suffering. If a belief causes no suffering it is harmless. Where the line is drawn in terms of what is harmless is relative to those who may be exposed or affected by the belief. In large scale group consciousness beliefs may become political systems with opposing sides. The real secret is to learn to be neutral to harmless beliefs and act according on harmful beliefs to the degree that is possible. I am sure there are courses and books on this subject.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthJunkie
It comes down to whether a belief is harmful to self and others. The real measuring stick here is suffering. If a belief causes no suffering it is harmless. Where the line is drawn in terms of what is harmless is relative to those who may be exposed or affected by the belief. In large scale group consciousness beliefs may become political systems with opposing sides. The real secret is to learn to be neutral to harmless beliefs and act according on harmful beliefs to the degree that is possible. I am sure there are courses and books on this subject.

Hi TrthJunkie,

Can agree that it depends whether a belief is harmful or not.
Yes, have come across writings on the subject, but going with some thoughts on this.

Suppose that whether a belief is harmful or not at times can be pretty obvious.
At other times it seems to me enters a bit of a grey area. For the question comes upon how is the belief doing harm?

For yes if perhaps threatening a power structure of sorts, then maybe seen as harmful to some. But, if it brings one to question oneself, then to me can be an opportunity to perhaps grow and see new ways of seeing life.

Yes, there are times to stand up and fight when something is truly being destructive.

Yes, to be neutral and let be how one is being if no harm is being projected.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:12 AM
Master
Just an added thought

If we(in general) as a Human race just accepted each one as a fellow Being with all of our beliefs how much would the world as we live here in it change for us?
Old 12-06-2016, 01:39 AM
Ascender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbOx8TyvUmI
Old 12-06-2016, 01:42 AM
Gracey

[quote=Moonglow]Just an added thought

If we(in general) as a Human race just accepted each one as a fellow Being with all of our beliefs how much would the world as we live here in it change for us?[/QUOTE

I have pondered that in the past. Perhaps we would expand in all the fields of science. Imagine a world where we understood the body and sickness so well that not many would get sick and if they did, we would know how to cure it fast. Imagine a world where we understood the mechanics of the universe and that would open up a means for travel that we haven't even thought of yet. Imagine a world where we understand chemistry, biology, geology and how that could benefit the world as a whole. If we all accepted each other's beliefs, and respected each other in general, there would be no need for global wars or for the greed of money and all our other vices. The need for territorial power would diminish and we all could put our focus on the the advancement of the human race and all the creatures we share the earth with. Imagine all that we could learn about the universe and our place in it.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:45 AM
Suspended
Moonglow,

To believe is to follow the changes and not to believe is you make the changes.

Both are equally good as long it fix your will and taste. Nothing is wrong to any pattern.

Last edited by Jeremy Bong : 12-06-2016 at 04:29 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:49 AM
Master
"What is believed is just merely a belief, until it becomes known and no longer believed". - Necro