Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-03-2019, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee

Anyone see spirituality related to helping "others" - our fellow brothers and sisters, peace in the world, narratives etc.

How do you see spirituality and it place in doing something that relates to the word "service"?

I don't really "see" spirituality as other then a label, descriptive word which has its uses. I have no desire to be some good samaritan, play hero, or help my fellow people.

If the situation, or person is present in front of me then perhaps the desire will arise. Though i doubt i'll be of much use.
Old 16-03-2019, 11:18 PM
Master
I was going to write something somewhere else about the nature of standing on the shoulders of giants, that whilst one can see far into the distance one must have very good balance otherwise to fall would mean being trampled by such giant feet.
Much of spirituality, topics, narratives, beliefs etc. seem to lie somewhere between those two points, it cannot be helped as those who find inner awareness seek to share, to unburden the suffering, to offer solace, yet much is misunderstood, perspectives such that they cannot possibly be understood... as they were given. Yet, as well, all is progress... irony, as always prevails.
I've found most that hearken to the spiritual always already are, it's just below, on the edges, deep within and to be discovered... so we do, either by, as above climbing onto the shoulders of giants, trying to see what they might see, or, and less so it seems, just growing from our own sense, being with our own trusting what we might feel.

The Lotus grows from it's own mud, seeks to feel the light, keeps it's flower furled as it's roots find purchase, then when all this is done, the flower unfurls... and sees many other around it have done so too "Ah, it says, that's what I was feeling, it wasn't only me!"
Old 16-03-2019, 11:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
This seems to me so pertinent. "Aware participant." It may not necessarily be spiritually inspired but it brings a knowing involvement in the service given. The decision we have to make.

I fully agree with your closing paragraph. It's up to us individually to work out how to deal with life's vicissitudes. it comes down to motivation in the end. I often read the word "bliss" here which brings with it implications about what an individual believes about their current state. Could be that their circumstances make life a pain and they want freedom from the chores necessary to survive - but to me bliss is just getting on with it. There's little point about spirituality for its own sake. To me it's about living.

Certainly Lorelyen.

Being an “open” aware participant where your willing and open to what is, simply means your not chasing after, attached too, need to make be, have too, should be doing, but rather, walking open aware of yourself first and foremost, so one is more present in themselves and of course then present and aware with ones environment. In my mystery school learning, it was emphasised quite clearly, take care of your own yard first, from there, one moves more clear in the way I am describing. I’m a great believer in presence but also aware, not everything in my world is for me to be tending too.

Discernment and awareness of others and their part in this interconnected world plays into my field of vision quite regularly. Sometimes the care and tending too is for another. Even when circumstances may seem harsh and difficult. Your place within the whole may be needed with itself, with something else entirely. Until your aware of such matters a so called spiritual person, may believe he/she should be going so much more. I’ve been observing a homeless man in my vicinity. The first time he was ahead of me walking the pavement, quite close to me. I thought, he is heading to the cafe where I’m heading! Sure enough he was. I thought as we drew nearer I would buy him some food, it seemed a natural arising in me. As I walked through and sat down, I observed his moves. I didn’t want to invade him unnecessarily. He motioned towards two ladies and just stood with his head down, no talking. He stood there the longest time. They watched him and soon one engaged him. I’m not sure what was shared, but she got up and got him food and a large drink. Two days later I noticed him in front of my car park at the supermarket. He was talking out loud, so again I observed him, thought I’ll just sit here a little while and discern what this closeness once more was showing me. Just in that thought, a van pulls up and out hops a man with a tag around his neck. He sits with him and engaged, walks him to the van and gives him a large drink and s few resources. I thought, he’s ok for now. Off I went.

Your quite on the ball about bliss. There is a tendency with strong emotions to hold strong beliefs about what and why it’s occuring. Yet it’s all about movement, moving through or moving something to reveal more. Life is all about movement even for someone not moving. There is still life moving through.

I’ve bounced through dark nights, spiritual awakenings, strong emotions, strong feelings and here I am living all that as myself. The unearthing of self certainly understands the nature of becoming and realising continuously, but then perhaps there are those who live with spirituality, not as the be all, end all, but for a better quality, grounded, balanced existence. I’m in that zone.
Old 17-03-2019, 12:22 AM
Master
My view on service to others, I can sit under a tree and meditate and be more effective than the one who helps and old lady over the street.

All is One and of cause all is connected.
Old 17-03-2019, 01:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
My view on service to others, I can sit under a tree and meditate and be more effective than the one who helps and old lady over the street.

All is One and of cause all is connected.

Why is one more effective than the other? I’m curious🤔
Old 17-03-2019, 03:31 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Unless you take yourself off to some desert island or isolate yourself completely, your Spirituality will affect others. Your beliefs change you as a person whether you realise it or not, and one of the subjects that often crops us is Spiritual people who feel they are isolated from the people around them because of their beliefs. When you view the world through the eyes of "I'm Spiritual, you're not" your perspective changes and that changes who you are and how you interact with people.

Isn't that self-awareness 101?

I've seen discussions similar to those in the past and they fall into the same theme as this post.

Sometimes people are just people, but nobody wants to think about that.

I for one am glad that I don't think of myself as spiritual haha The only time I talk like this is on these "Spiritual Forums"

Thanks for your feedback GS.

JL
Old 17-03-2019, 03:33 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello all.

"All is one" seems like a reasonable observation which doesn't need to depend upon anything other than logic and common sense--it just is.

It is an observation which anyone can use as the lens of their personal perception if they so choose.

Some may want to take the observation beyond simply seeing to also choosing to behave in logical accordance with that observation.--In which case subsequent behaviour may be in accord with the so called golden rule which appears--apparently, though variously worded--in many beliefs. Though to hold close to that way, is a prior acceptance of such beliefs actually necessary if the choice of how to behave in relationship to all else is a personal choice?

It may be that those who choose to do so become more aware of all which is and their inclusion. Does this need to be understood as a spiritual experience enabled by divine influence or "simply" a consequence of how they choose to be?
petex

petex

When I first read your posts (fairly recently) I thought you were of this belonging.

"All is One" -

I salute you and bow in respect

JL
Old 17-03-2019, 03:36 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
janielee,

I see this same thing. This obsession with self......spirituality is meaningless if it translates to being only about oneself. If a mother has a child does not her focus change from herself to something much larger? Compassion is love in action......without love there is nothing. And for love to occur there must be both a lover and a loved one. This is the way that 'your love shines'.

Thanks Molearner you have always been very thoughtful and considerate

When I peruse most of the main teachers and religions or establishments of this world, historical and present, I see the common themes as service, love, compassion, "all is one" (whatever we call it)

I suspect that the ancients, the "Giants" (to use Mr Interesting's words) have realized this deeply, and live it fully.

We are all where we are. On this forum, to some, spirituality is just another way of trying to be more aware of wider dimensions, perhaps guardian angels, perhaps to not buy mainstream talk - to others, there is much more possible.

Regardless like John32241 said some time or other, love is the great truth and it is possible that we are love.

JL
Old 17-03-2019, 03:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Why is one more effective than the other? I’m curious🤔

It all comes down to ones intent.
Old 17-03-2019, 03:46 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow

Again, the question rises is this all spiritual or not? For to know the divine and what it may be or feel, it would seem to me that one would have to be at least aware of what is not divine or gives that feeling of connection.

So, to me it is not a solo act. It is living life with all its ugliness and beauty. Becoming aware of the interconnection with each other and with nature. It all has its influences in some ways. Sure can go be a hermit, but still have to nourish this physical body and live in this world. Still would have my thoughts in some way, so I would think.

If Spiritual is about becoming aware of our Spiritual aspects, then what is not guiding one/us to become aware, whether one labels it or not?

A beautiful reflection as usual. You are right - what is spiritual or not? Labels, concepts.

My version is spirituality is simply that which brings us back to our true nature. Our truest nature. Some call that divine. But you are right - it is already intertwined in each of us, aware or not.

For the spiritually inclined, I think that there are revelations, some very deep, so they change us - for better or worse.

But out in the real world, we live. And as we are changed "inside", we can't help but have changed "outside" because we are all One. Even if we can't grok that on that ultimate level, relatively we are all interconnected. I change you change. You change. I change.

Love

JL