Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 29-12-2011, 02:54 PM
ASexyWitch

Ok, so I joined up and disappeared for holidays to come back and discover I have somehow riled up the post by asking a question. :-0.

lol. sorry all, just a question.

To Eudaimonist I still don't know if I can sum in up in a thumbnail but from what I'm gathering it is about living "awakened from your soul" and moving through life using the senses of the spirit. I'm trying to pull snippets from what I read. Sounds exciting to me. :-)

I also found an interesting article in my searches by Osho all around Hedonism & Spirituality. Although not exactly the same it does seem to be in alignment. You may find it interesting oshoteachings.com/osho-on-hedonism-the-physical-hedonist-can-rise-to-the-higher-hedonism/

And just a note on scorpios. We are in love with the secretive and esoteric, it's not a shock there would be more than 1 on here looking at the same topics. AND, women in their 30's come on! that's when we really start this search.

Have a great one!
Old 29-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Master
Looks to me like someone with gifts and the ability to teach spirituality has found a niche for herself tuning into the Sex and the City, Desperate Housewives style and has put together something really quite appealing. Her website is consistent in theme and content and is an appreciable investment on her part...

The pricing seems fairly reasonable and it is a way for women, with lots of surplus cash in need of spending and without the time or the energy to find similar within their own physical lives, to go out and get the spirituality they seek... started!

Years ago we might've been excited about the latest bestseller on the Spirituality lists... now's it's simpler and more affordable to do these things online...

Niche marketing eh!

My hats off to her and I wish her all the best!

With the proviso that it's all available at your local library!
Old 30-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASexyWitch
I also found an interesting article in my searches by Osho all around Hedonism & Spirituality. Although not exactly the same it does seem to be in alignment. You may find it interesting oshoteachings.com/osho-on-hedonism-the-physical-hedonist-can-rise-to-the-higher-hedonism/

Thanks for the link.

I have to correct Osho on a point of fact. Epicurus was NOT a "physical hedonist", although he included much good advice about the uses of physical pleasure in his teachings. Epicurus was primarily teaching inner peace.

For instance, he taught people how not to fear death, how to appreciate each moment in life as a precious gift of the universe, how to appreciate friendship, and the like. His teachings are no less "spiritual" than the teachings found in any other spirituality.

The Cyrenaic school of hedonism may be what Osho was thinking of, although even that is misunderstood.

eudaimonia,

Mark