Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-07-2011, 08:24 AM
not human

Judgements

A judgement can be a summary of anything from a risk analysis of a person to what colour tie to wear to the office. Judgements are used intuitively on a moment by moment basis in order to assess any given situation.
My experience is that they tap into the subconcious for a reference & the desired assessment gets popped into the concious mind.
I have found in a life threatening situation that this process has greater clarity & magnitude.
The downside that I have experienced is that they turn in on you & reactively run amok not only analyzing everything you do & say but creating confusion & invalidation.
Therefore over years they can help create neurosis & behaviour patterns. I have taken a mindful approach to judging at times & am surprised at how much time goes into the judging process. Do awakened people experience the judging process to the same level as unconcious people? Feel free to comment if this resonates for you.
Old 25-07-2011, 09:06 AM
breath

Judgement becomes more of an openess of possibility, and the energy goes into listening (reading body language, listening to the person's voice, reading facial expressions.) Usually when this happens you come to the conclusion that the person may be acting out of fear, stupidity, anger, happiness, a state of calm that makes him/her feel a little above the situation (and the people) and you can make free and easy decisions.

So the answer to your question is sort of, but we don't make judgements based on finding similarities between those people and people we already know, like constantly refering to our memories of other individuals. Instead the judgements are made up in almost a scientific (not in essense but in practice) way. As I said before, reading their body-language and listening to what they're saying.

At no point would an awakened person stand in front of someone who has fought with many people and call them violent. To an awakened person a moment can be cultivated from scratch, directly from a positive place and so they know that the state of a person's behaviour can be changed with a simply bit of communication. To an awakened person, people have base realities on which all living creatures are similar - and for this reason we don't need to make character based judgements on people unless they are completely mentally disfigured (to a point where they fundamentally change in nature. even then, most of the same concepts work.)
Old 25-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Master
There is not such thing as an Awakened person, there is Awareness that has been experienced through the so called awakened person or mind body organism, what makes the difference is that the one who has experienced Awareness has experienced that all is ONE, there is no division, so what we judge in another we are really judging in our Self, what we see others do that we now know to be ignorance, is just that, ignorance, if the one who is asleep has experienced Awareness, they would also realize the ignorance in the other, but there is no judgment because of this, there is only compassion. We must not think to put those who have experienced Awareness on a pedestal expecting them to live up to our judgments of how we expect them to act, after all the one who say's that an Enlightened person should act this way or that, is themselves, fast asleep.
Old 25-07-2011, 09:28 AM
mattie

The Ability To Form A Conclusion

Judgment is an interesting word. It is a neutral mechanism, as in the ability to reach a conclusion or decision. It can also be an opinion, cash award, or divine punishment (The Noah’s flood was God’s judgment to punish humans.). To complicate its meaning, being judgmental can be both using reasonable judgment & an excessively critical POV. Sometimes all judgment is thought to be this last meaning.

Some are prone to saying that we should not judge, but do they really intend that we shouldn’t have the ability to reach a conclusion or make a decision? We would be in quite a fix.

The judging process may not be different for an awakened person than when they were an unawakened person, but the criteria they apply to making this evaluation may be different. One is unable to make a generalization that unawakened vs awakened people think in a certain way as there are countless thought processes in both groups.
Old 25-07-2011, 09:36 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
There is not such thing as an Awakened person, there is Awareness that has been experienced through the so called awakened person or mind body organism, what makes the difference is that the one who has experienced Awareness has experienced that all is ONE, there is no division, so what we judge in another we are really judging in our Self, what we see others do that we now know to be ignorance, is just that, ignorance, if the one who is asleep has experienced Awareness, they would also realize the ignorance in the other, but there is no judgment because of this, there is only compassion. We must not think to put those who have experienced Awareness on a pedestal expecting them to live up to our judgments of how we expect them to act, after all the one who say's that an Enlightened person should act this way or that, is themselves, fast asleep.
In fact I'll go a step further & say an awakened state is almost a celebration of humaness. I'd agree that judging can be a symbiotic process with the exterior. I am mainly questioning that if the process has mutated to such an extent that it substitutes for knowingness.
Old 25-07-2011, 09:50 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Judgment is an interesting word. It is a neutral mechanism, as in the ability to reach a conclusion or decision. It can also be an opinion, cash award, or divine punishment (The Noah’s flood was God’s judgment to punish humans.). To complicate its meaning, being judgmental can be both using reasonable judgment & an excessively critical POV. Sometimes all judgment is thought to be this last meaning.

Some are prone to saying that we should not judge, but do they really intend that we shouldn’t have the ability to reach a conclusion or make a decision? We would be in quite a fix.

The judging process may not be different for an awakened person than when they were an unawakened person, but the criteria they apply to making this evaluation may be different. One is unable to make a generalization that unawakened vs awakened people think in a certain way as there are countless thought processes in both groups.
I'd be lost without the abiliry to judge it is desireable though to have this as a concious process as much as possible.
Old 25-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
In fact I'll go a step further & say an awakened state is almost a celebration of humaness. I'd agree that judging can be a symbiotic process with the exterior. I am mainly questioning that if the process has mutated to such an extent that it substitutes for knowingness.
Yes so true, the one who has experiences this so called awakening does in fact celebrate life more than ever before, there is the realization that we are pure Consciousness and that we as Consciousness made this mind body organism, we now enjoy all of our creations, we look at the stars in the night and realize that we are in fact the stars our-Self. I'm sorry but i don't understand what you mean by "the process has mutated to such an extent that it substitutes for knowingness" ?.
Old 25-07-2011, 10:07 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes so true, the one who has experiences this so called awakening does in fact celebrate life more than ever before, there is the realization that we are pure Consciousness and that we as Consciousness made this mind body organism, we now enjoy all of our creations, we look at the stars in the night and realize that we are in fact the stars our-Self. I'm sorry but i don't understand what you mean by "the process has mutated to such an extent that it substitutes for knowingness" ?.
Simply that rather than awareness the mental process of judgement presents itself reactively as a substitute.
Old 25-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Simply that rather than awareness the mental process of judgement presents itself reactively as a substitute.
the mental process without awareness, is just that, a mental process, this process is nothing but conditioning and programming, all processes are brought to the front by whatever the mind body that is asleep musters up, without Awareness these thoughts are no more than dreams.
Old 25-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Greenslade

I like to make a distinction between judgement and discernment. Judgement is about good and bad and a mental process, while discernment is recognising or being aware of what resonates with you or not. Intuition if you like. There's no harm is saying that a belief doesn't work for you if it simply doesn't resonate.