Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 19-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Occultist

These people are Left handed path, there harmless and there religion is valid there technically not Satanist even though they may call themselves that. Because Santanist refers to the teachings of Anton Levay and they rarely believe in a devil just the embrace of the ID. These people are more like misguided luciferians who are kinda confused about there origins or believe system at all. Here is some information on what you might seek.
http://www.occultforums.net/luciferianism/ Hope this helps!
Old 19-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Master
http://leb.net/~mira/

This is a link to the collected works of Kahlil Gibran. Included is an excellent short story titled "Satan" which explains the relevance of Satan [nice little read too ]
Old 19-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
These people are Left handed path, there harmless and there religion is valid there technically not Satanist even though they may call themselves that. Because Santanist refers to the teachings of Anton Levay and they rarely believe in a devil just the embrace of the ID. These people are more like misguided luciferians who are kinda confused about there origins or believe system at all. Here is some information on what you might seek.
http://www.occultforums.net/luciferianism/ Hope this helps!
Actually Satanists don't have to be a part of the Church of Satan to be Satanists (it's confusing lol). But it is true that many Satanists are LaVeyan Satanists; i.e members of the Church of Satan, and thus more atheistic than devil worshipers.
Old 23-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Beyond the parameters of religion,
Satan, since John Milton, has been come to be known as

a symbol of : Western civilization, democracy, and free will

A knowledge of John Milton's PARADISE LOST,
and the Church Of Satan (est. 1966 in the U.S.)
would help you understand the history of Satanism

the actual history of Satanism started with the Church Of Satan
also, see Hell Fire Clubs, Aleister Crowley, Francois Rabelais 'Gargantua & Pantagruel'

Many people have since tried to piggyback on Anton 'Szandor' LaVey's success

the Satanic Bible was published through Harper Collins division Avon Books
the Church Of Satan created partly as a publicity stunt
and it has been a best seller in the USA ever since

in Paradise Lost,
Satan is a romantic

* I know nothing about 'Joy Of Satan' but have heard other 'Satanists' mention it

THE DEVIL'S SPAWN : the MTV legacy of Kenneth Anger's 'LUCIFER RISING'

One of the most influential film makers of all time

Parents Music Resource Center

Video of Dee Snider from ;Twisted Sister' defending his music before congress

Trailer for the documentary 'UNTIL THE LIGHT TAKES US'

Lords Of Chaos : The Bloody Rise Of The Satanic Metal Underground (book, amazon)

all of my links are 'safe' but some are NSFW

I really, really emphatically recommend giving them a look

I was born in 1985
the influence of the Church Of Satan was enormous
and Paradise Lost is regarded as the single greatest work in the English language

"The reason Milton wrote in fetters when he wrote of Angels & God, and at liberty when of Devils & Hell, is because he was a true Poet and of the Devil's party without knowing it." - William Blake
Old 24-08-2012, 05:26 AM
Fujiwara Kaito

The website is very Gothic, they don't even try to hide the wicked symbolism. I've some unwanted spirits just from reading of it. Like the other one said, be very careful with that.
Old 24-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Actually Satanists don't have to be a part of the Church of Satan to be Satanists (it's confusing lol). But it is true that many Satanists are LaVeyan Satanists; i.e members of the Church of Satan, and thus more atheistic than devil worshipers.
yes I know that dear I have dated them. I was speaking on Levay Satanist and even touched on Lucifarians. if you read my entire thread and clicked the web I gave giving different explanations.
Proclaimed Satanists
Theatrical Satanists
Experimental Satanists
LaVeyan Satanism
Theistic Satanism
Luciferians
Archetypical Satanists
Symbolic Satanists
Pantheistic Satanists
Literal Satanists
Setians
Gnostic Satanists
and your "Sell your soul to the Devil" for a <blank> Satanist.
just to name a few. Hope that was more clear for you.
Mostly all Left Handed Paths.

Also Anton Levay for the most part was a self proclaimed Athiest. Read his books
Old 25-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

He was not an atheist
He emphatically believed that power in the Universe was a dark force, impartial, and was beyond human kind. He was influenced by the literature of H. P. Lovecraft and prologued the Satanic Bible with quotations from the writings of Arthur C. Desmond, a liberal anarchist from New Zealand known for authoring Might Is Right : The Survival Of The Fittest by Ragnar Redbeard.
he also had an interest in summoning spirits and demons and shamanism/voodoo but was put off by the then 'new age' community who had christianized these forces that frankly they were too scared to actually summon.

One of the most important things Anton LaVey ever wrote of was not using a proxy when summoning spirits and to sacrifice your own energy.

to this day, on the Church Of Satan homepage, there is a link to the Temple Of The Vampire who wrote a whole series of books relating to summoning spirits and developing psychic powers of mediumship

"My sources were Sibley Morill and Virginia Harner. Mrs. Harner, mother of famed anthropologist Michael Harner, and Mr. Morrill were members of the "Magic Circle" - the Order of the Trapezoid", which was to become the Church Of Satan. , not to take this quote out of context LaVey is talking about his presumption that Jack London wrote Might Is Right (which is false). this quote is taken from Anton LaVey's forward to the centennial edition of Might Is Right

Michael Harner developed neo-shamanism movement in the West

from the Satanic Bible,
"It is a common misconception that the Satanist does not believe in God"

also,
"The fact of the matter is that if the "magician" is worthy of his name, he will be uninhibited enough to release the necessary force from his body own body, instead of from an unwilling and undeserving victim." "This discharge of bioelectrical energy is the very same phenomenon which occurs during any profound heightening of the emotions"

in the Satanic Witch
he would underscore this point,
by placing not 1, but 2 books by Dr. Wilhelm Reich in the bibliography

Character Analysis
&
The Function Of The Orgasm

Short explanation of Dr. Wilhelm Reich's work by a Satanist

Clip of Anton LaVey speaking on summoning spirits

he was totally serious about it

he just didn't often talk about it because it'd probably embarrass him

and he was absolutely right
real shamans for instance from Korea don't stand in protective circles when summoning spirits
they entreat spirits by placation

this is ritual magic 101

you NEVER guard yourself, or repress yourself, when you want company, you invite them in

you don't stop them at the door

Video about korean shamanism

LaVey was one of the best writers on shamanism ever
He was only against the Christianization of ritual magic
he was a genuine pagan

Korean Shamans face malevolent spirits, those who bear 'han' (ancient grudges), because it is their DESTINY
that is their JOB
they must face them
otherwise, they would not be shamans
they'd be useless
Old 27-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Pathfinder
Hello everyone,
Thank you for your post Remnantique. I was once a Satanist and a member of this pseudo cult you have mentioned (from about 2005 to about mid 2008). After leaving this pseudo cult, I have usually checked up on it's activities, and related developments about every 6 months, (mostly due to curiosity and a slight sense of nostalgia ) and thanks to your thread which showed up on a recent google search of mine on the JoS, I have found a wonderful and exciting forum that I hope to take part in.
I'm not a Satanist anymore and started following the teachings of the Buddha shortly after letting go of Satanism in mid 2008. But I learnt a lot from my time with that group, and in fact that was the time I actually started having success with things like communication with spirits, clairvoyance, energy work, psychic power etc . So I actually still do have a considerable amount of pleasant memories and nostalgia associated with the group and my time with it and feel a slight sense of duty to defend Satanism from the general consensus that spiritually inclined people tend to reach about it being a bad or dangerous thing.
I for one had a great time with the whole gaurdian demon and satan thing and did not have any seriously negative or harmful experiences during my time in this spiritual field. (Run ins with negative entities are something anyone who's dabbled with spirituality and energy work has had at some time or the other I suppose and I don't believe I've had any more than your average person). Most of my experiences during this time were actually quite positive and supportive and helped me grow as an individual. All the people I've interacted with on that group also had tremendously positive experiences with what they believed were satan and his demons.
You see, all real danger lies in your own heart. I have read (and experienced this at times in my own life) that people who have a low vibration or a tendency to develop negative vibrations through their thoughts, feelings and actions tend to become magnets for similar entities especially when they project themselves onto the astral or get involved with spiritual work of any kind like channeling or summoning whether they intend it or not and likewise for positively inclined people. I think that what or who you try to summon/try to interact with is not as important as what or who you expect to answer to those summons and with what intentions you summon/ interact with.
Did I really talk to satan and his demons? Looking back, I really don't know. And to be honest I doubt there is such a thing as a true "Satan" or source of all evil.I know that I interacted with certain spirits that were very loving, supportive and helped me with problems in my life as well as with developing my mental abilities beyond anything I could ever have dreamed of before getting into all this. These beings had their own individuality, their own personality traits and characteristics that were consistent over the time period that I knew and worked with them. Also the members of the Joy of Satan, that took part in so-called spiritual warfare against "evil angels" ( ya angels were the bad guys there lol) and "evil" christian energy workers/spiritual warriors etc were usually the people who had complaints of getting attacked by negative entities. So ya I think that as long as you are positive and good at heart you'll pretty much draw in creatures of the same frequency as you regardless of whether you call them Angels or Demons. What's in a name anyway? If there are spirits out there that want to help or hurt you, they're not going to worry about what you call them or think they are as long as they get their job done with respect to you.
I would genuinely recommend that website to people as an eye opener and a learning experience in the variations natural human spirituality can take. It has some very convincing arguments against your average standard right hand path religions and spirituality. But I would not recommend getting involved with that group. Like I said it has a few hallmarks of a cult, complete with a bunch of raving lunatics/hate mongers making up their leadership, break away factions that try to fight these, and a "herd" of mostly unloved and lonely teenagers and young adults desperately trying to find meaning, a sense of belonging, and the power to set things straight in life and fight the harm they believe organized religion, society and "the system" has caused them.
Old 28-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Master

It is my understanding that people worshiped a horned God , when christanity took over they turned him to the devil . On Anton LaVey , he was more interested in having a good time , sex, drugs , ect and p***ing people off than any thing else .
Old 28-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Teiksma

It is a difficult topic... Christianity has demonized many pagan deities and spirits... but still I see no point to worship Satan. But satanists has the same wrights to their religion.