Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-02-2011, 03:33 AM
Blue Dragon

The ultimate purpose of life is to live it wholeheartedly. What do I mean? Life offers so much, maybe in an infinite number of ways, and to truly live is to touch all those infinite benefits in your lifetime or lifetimes. A sad thing to see is someone who kind of boxes themselves in a small space and stays there. Our purpose is to expand and grow limitlessly!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:32 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dragon
The ultimate purpose of life is to live it wholeheartedly. What do I mean? Life offers so much, maybe in an infinite number of ways, and to truly live is to touch all those infinite benefits in your lifetime or lifetimes. A sad thing to see is someone who kind of boxes themselves in a small space and stays there. Our purpose is to expand and grow limitlessly!

Very nicely said Blue Dragon.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 07-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dragon

Agreed totally! That's a very good way of putting it. Unleashing our potential can be expressed in so many different ways, whether we are aware of the Divine in us or not.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Master
When you Realize that there is no purpose in life, you are then free.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Since my awakening started just after Christmas my perspective on life has changed and widened. While discussing my experiences with another member it struck me that the ultmate purpose of life here - or certainly what it appears to be - is to realise who we are. We are evolving to know ourselves as part of the Divine.

This is something I've had in my head as a concept for a good few years but I've never fully grasped it. I believed it without truly knowing it in my heart.

I still lose sight of it sometimes but this morning I've woken up with a sense of awe. Life really is quite incredible - yet a lot of the time we (and I very much include myself here) can't see the wood for the trees. Many don't even see the trees. They see bills, TV on the blink, violence on the news, queue in supermarket...but not the beauty around us all.

I respect everyone's beliefs and know some might not agree with purpose but I want to share this today. If nothing else I think the world is a truly remarkable place.

Just when you think there is an ultimate, someone moves the goalposts :-)
Old 07-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Just when you think there is an ultimate, someone moves the goalposts :-)

Indeed but can we ever fix those goalposts!! There are many different forms of ultimate just as there are probably many universes
Old 07-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice

when i realized i had no special purpose in life i became quite bored. now what am i suppose to do(?), especially since even my imaginary friends/guides/whatevers can't convince me there's truly anything meaningful about me or my life. i'm just one of 7 billion humans milling around a tiny dirtball spinning in space. **shrug**

being self honest can really suck sometimes.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice

Ah but what if you've experienced evidence that leaves you in no doubt there is a purpose?

I don't mean necessarily individual purpose but purpose to existance, why humanity as a whole exists. When someone realises that life takes on a different meaning and freedom is found but in a new way.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Ah but what if you've experienced evidence that leaves you in no doubt there is a purpose?

I don't mean necessarily individual purpose but purpose to existance, why humanity as a whole exists. When someone realises that life takes on a different meaning and freedom is found but in a new way.

so ... essentially there's no purpose to or for the individual. purpose is found in some kind of species identity? in this context ... the meaning is? the freedom is found how? why am i getting up in the morning?
Old 07-02-2011, 07:16 PM
LaMont Cranston

Internal Queries, Why are you getting up this morning? Because getting up and doing things, whatever they happen to be in your life (i.e. feeding animals), is more compelling that staying in bed. From the point of view of who you are, you have identified things you want to do, and getting up is required for you to do those things. It's not because you "need" to do those things; it's because your life is better, on your terms, because you do them.

You can come to the conclusion that you have a "greater purpose" as part of the human species, but, at the very minimum, you can and do formulate your own set of goals, wishes, desires, etc.

I have been down this path in my own life, and many of us look upon having a purpose as part of an ongoing journey. In my case, my purpose is to live the best life that I can on my terms. That means deciding to be more kind and loving rather than being vengeful and filled with hate.

Funny thing, but it turns out that there are many others who have had very similar experiences and who have come to very similar conclusions about who they are and why they are here. If you want to blame "imaginary friends" or anybody/anything else for the fact that you are bored and can't find anything meaningful, it's your problem, not theirs. There are some things in life that we have to figure out for ourselves...or not.

Being "self honest" can be a very freeing and uplifting experience. Perhaps you are not being as honest with your self as you would like to believe. Simply telling yourself that you are being honest doesn't make it so.