Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 29-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Chrode

Wicca.. a religion for children

In Wicca there is alot of sexual elements in like ritual sex and skyclaid (ritual nudity). Are children before sexual active going to worship the lord and lady?
What do you think?
Old 29-11-2011, 01:30 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrode
In Wicca there is alot of sexual elements in like ritual sex and skyclaid (ritual nudity). Are children before sexual active going to worship the lord and lady?
What do you think?

Skyclad (clad only by the sky) is the term that Wiccans and other pagans use to describe the state of being naked while they are performing rituals usually outside but often indoors as well. Not all neo-pagan religions embrace this practice, but many do and incorporate nudity within their religious practices. This nudity is most often non-sexualized but some pagans do also practice sexualized nude rituals. Also many pagan festivals permit non-sexualized nudity at least in certain areas but some festivals also accept sexualized nudity but that nudity is most often in an area set apart from the general festival.

From my understanding, most do not include the children at least until they are of age, but then some aren't comfortable with it even then.
Old 29-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Master
Chrode, you are reading from an old "hymn sheet"
Old 29-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Occultist

I do many rituals skyclad being naked has nothing to do with sex.
If you were a Witch I would recommend you to keep your kids away from the practises of the "Great Rite" other then that I belive there fine Wicca is not a orgy waiting to happen they follow the teaching and beliefs of Gerald Gardner.
There rede would forbid hurting a child even if the child was uncomfortable nakied the true Wiccan would forbid it. If the child wants to dance around naked let him or her I was never taught naked had anything to do with sex. So I guess it depends on what your teaching your kids.
Old 29-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Blooms Bright

As a practicing witch...I choose to wear robes for ceremonies. Otherwise, I wear regular attire. As for the Great Rite, I use my chalice and wand to represent the female and male. I honestly don't know many who perform the Great Rite as describe in the past. Many of us practice our craft as a "solitary" and I don't think we choose this path because of the sexual overtone. Wiccan,Hedge witch, pagan or cunning folk , ect... are usually earthy individuals who are in some way, shape, or form connected to the elements including Mother Earth.

I can only speak for myself and hope not to offend. We may travel different paths along our journey. I have discovered much beauty by embracing a nature based spirituality. My children also respect Mother Earth, in there own way. That is what is so amazing, there is so much learn.

I would encourage you to explore some more references before coming to a conclusion on this subject. You might be surprised : )

~As always, Bright Blessings!
Old 30-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Lostgirl

My rituals have nothing to do with sex and they never would.
Old 30-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Chrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
I do many rituals skyclad being naked has nothing to do with sex.
If you were a Witch I would recommend you to keep your kids away from the practises of the "Great Rite" other then that I belive there fine Wicca is not a orgy waiting to happen they follow the teaching and beliefs of Gerald Gardner.
There rede would forbid hurting a child even if the child was uncomfortable nakied the true Wiccan would forbid it. If the child wants to dance around naked let him or her I was never taught naked had anything to do with sex. So I guess it depends on what your teaching your kids.

Do you have children? What are you going to do with children when you are to a cermony?
Old 30-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Master
OK. I sometimes go "skyclad" especially on the moor top in a thunder storm with lightning clashing all around. Very invigorating !
Old 30-11-2011, 04:58 PM
vulkus

Where as I on the other hand have used sex magic for power generation in other areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrode
Do you have children? What are you going to do with children when you are to a cermony?
Are you confusing sex orgies with skyclad ritual?
Old 30-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Chrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulkus
Where as I on the other hand have used sex magic for power generation in other areas.
Are you confusing sex orgies with skyclad ritual?

I have never said that.