Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Knower

A real spiritual dilemma

This is one of the most common yet difficult tasks I and I presume others face. To set up the context I refer to a three word summary I heard concerning the nature of Thich Nhat Han: cloud, butterfly, bulldozer.

My question is that of navigating the line between butterfly and bulldozer.

An example:

Someones behavior is annoying.

Do you butterfly (it's all good) or bulldoze (can we talk about this behavior?). We can examine the likely consequences of either choice; butterfly (live with or deal with it) or bulldozer (deal with conflict and the baggage that so often accompanies conflict). Is the bulldozer the only path to produce change? Does the butterfly produce change or compliance with dysfunction? Can the butterfly coexist with the bulldozer?
Old 15-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Suspended
It depends upon the Situation. Some times it is best to avoid and ignore, other times confrontation may be needed. Go with your feelings.