Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 15-01-2013, 01:29 AM
SM14

Book1 Meditation techniques

Hi,

I don't know much about meditation. When I meditate I do this before I go to sleep. I already am laying in bed with my eyes closed and my mind all empty. Though when I wake up my body feels quite tired but mentally I am recharged. I want to learn more new ways of meditating and which steps I need to take. I want to reach my higher self.

Lots of times in my life I feel very nauseous and nervous. For example when I have a meeting or am seeing a friend or when I need to go to the mall with someone. I am scared of throwing up. I need to find a way to control this so my mind is at peace. Hope you can help me out as I cannot continue living like this.

Thanks in advance!
Old 15-01-2013, 01:52 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

Well I think you came to the right place then. Personally when I first started meditating I started with a basic breath meditation. Heck I still enjoy doing breath meditation. I highly recommend watching this video and following along http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLxqKgrVpXM I think the key to any meditation practice when first starting out is to get down to the basics. From there who know? You might get the hang of it pretty fast and be meeting your higher self in no time.
Old 19-01-2013, 04:06 AM
Loving Meena

Hello SM14, Its great your working towards a meditation practice. You will find that the more you practice, the easier it will be to reach that state of relaxation during those stressful times. For now, try to allow sometime before any of those events that make you nervous to get calm and centered. There are soooo many meditation books you can read to get started. Just remember, there are as many ways to meditate as there are people. Pick what resonates with you and go with it.

I personally like to sit, soft ambient music, soft lighting, the smell of sage burning. I like to do deep breathing techniques, mantras, and creative visualizations. Play with it!! :)
Old 21-01-2013, 09:46 AM
sunshineofthesoul

When I first started meditating I would do a Chakra Meditation Shirley Maclaine Inner Workout, it helped me grow a lot both mentally and spiritually.

http://www.sunshineofthesoul.com/Pag...editation.aspx
Old 22-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM14
Hi,

I don't know much about meditation. When I meditate I do this before I go to sleep. I already am laying in bed with my eyes closed and my mind all empty. Though when I wake up my body feels quite tired but mentally I am recharged. I want to learn more new ways of meditating and which steps I need to take. I want to reach my higher self.

Lots of times in my life I feel very nauseous and nervous. For example when I have a meeting or am seeing a friend or when I need to go to the mall with someone. I am scared of throwing up. I need to find a way to control this so my mind is at peace. Hope you can help me out as I cannot continue living like this.

Thanks in advance!

I read something useful yesterday.......your main goal in meditating....is not to have any goal!!!

One meditation technique I ve been using is to imagine a big sun travelling down you body warming you though as it goes. As no 1 leaves your feet, so no 2 arrives on your head again! Do three "suns".

Breathing is another good one.

Takes three deep breathes then imagine your breath coming in through your nose and leaving your mouth.

There are many.

What ever workes for you.
Old 22-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Guide
If I may so SM!4, from what you ve said about yourself, I'd avoid getting too hung up on the technicalities.

Just feel the sun warming your shoulders, then your body etc. For me this stops me turning over stuff in my life over in my mind which is very nice iteslf.

Just keep it simple like that.
Old 22-01-2013, 07:57 PM
ChrissyT

Great recommendation, David F. Definitely keep it simple when you're first starting. You may find it helpful to use audios designed for beginners, too. That's how I started.
Old 24-01-2013, 01:52 AM
SM14

Thank you for all the replies, this was very helpful and I really appreciate it. Bless!