Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-01-2015, 05:25 AM
Guide
Possible kundalini activity - clarification greatly appreciated

Hello all,

There is undoubtedly something happening to me. I don't know what it is and I do not want to take any steps in the wrong direction if I can help it. I am well aware of what tricks the mind can play, my own especially, and this is not something I want to approach in the wrong way.

First of all, I started my spiritual journey officially by joining this website some time in 2009- or 2008- before the big crash. I was 16. My entire life I have been immediately drawn to the supernatural and the spiritual. No matter how I try to cut it out of my life, I always end up searching and continuing the journey. I was very intrigued in the philosophy of the new age movement, meditation, and learning about energy- whatever that is. I got deep into it for a long time until some rather bad mental issues started to creep in and I gave it a break. Panic disorder was one of them. This was brought on, I believe, by experimenting with drugs, but it presented a very difficult experience with spirituality so I stopped my journey there.

I went on a long hiatus dealing with anxiety and in general, bettering my physical life- went to college, got a decent job, and I have always been working on bettering myself as a person. Trying to grow and learn as much as I can. It has been a fair share of ups and downs, as I am sure we can all relate to.

Lately, though... experimenting with drugs again... has brought on something I can't explain. There are a number of things that have lined up recently in my life that I believe are synchronous and not without meaning. Just recently, I met a man at work he spoke about kundalini so openly and genuinely I was interested- and annoyed. Kundalini is nothing to screw with- how could someone approach it so candidly? And since when does it just happen to anyone? Before that happened, I made my way back to this forum again for no real reason- I just felt it was right and something I wanted to do. Something in me seemed to open my mind again to the spiritual. I cannot quite put my finger on why.

I will describe now the whole peak of this experience- when I was experimenting with a drug about a week ago, I experienced what I believed to be mild psychotic episode. All of my mental anxieties, anguish, racing thoughts, and the like seemed to happen all at once. It was horrible. The deepest paranoia set in and I believe some latent schizophrenia was woken up. I have not been diagnosed and I don't want to get into that as the details are kind of irrelevant, but it's not good. It's frightening.

If you've read this far, thank you. Because now I am getting to the point. At some point recently I fully accepted I might be losing my mind. I've spared you a long history of all of the grief I have gone through, so just take my word for it. I was in the shower feeling really distraught and scared. Eventually, I just said to myself, you know what? I have to own this. I have to deal with it. I know firsthand what trying to avoid dealing with the mind is like and I can't do it anymore. I'm just going to have to live with it.

And I felt the funniest feeling in my lower back. I dropped right into meditation and clasped my hands together in a praying motion. It just happened. Even as I type this, my entire lower back is emanating, heated, like there's a pressure there. I twitch in random spots when it's active. I drop into a meditative state at work sometimes completely involuntarily. It's not really a problem, but I am very curious. Is this what people are talking about? Is this something I should treat as kundalini and not just me being a total whack job? I need to know.

I've tried moving it up but it seems to be stuck underneath my throat chakra. I have a stupid amount of problems with self expression, relating to other people, and just saying what I want to say so I'm really not surprised. To add to that, I have had the loudest most annoying white noise present in my ears. This used to only happen during meditation and during sleep paralysis. Now I guess it's here to stay!

This is coming from someone who vehemently detests a lot of the new age trends and did away with them for a long time, fearing I would get caught up in a delusion. And thanks for reading if you did. And I do not endorse drug use at any cost- this is purely my story.
Old 20-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Argento

Hey Verunia,

It's all normal.

It gets stronger and more permanent. My spine is buzzing away now as I type, my heart chakra is pulsing and I can feel electricity in my fingers and a sprinkler above my head that extends into the space around me.

I too believe that spirituality is yet another form of conditioning.
These sensations happen regardless of my actions or background. I would even attest that these things happen to me in spite of spiritual practice as it has been sold in the media.

No need to do anything about it. In fact trying to do anything will hinder these natural functions of the body and can cause pain in the head or chest which can be mistaken for kundalini. These are pre-kundalini (for the want of a better expression).

Anyway, kundalini is a cold wind....all the spinning and buzzing and fizzing are side effects.

If the buzzing and pressure starts before the wind, it is temporary and will wax and wane according to your emotions and activity level. When the cold breeze starts, you will not have to ask us anything about it. Our help at this point will be useless.

Mark
Old 20-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Master
Hi Verunia,

Kundalini is energy. Another name for kundalini is universal conscioucness. It sounds like good things are happening :)

I am going to provide some links to a great website where you can learn about kundalini and practices that work with kundalini in a safe manner.

:) It is much more than a cold wind!

Here is a nice article called Lesson 125 - Q&A – Kundalini heat

Here is a link to a forum that has helped alot of people with kundalini issues. You should find some answers here. Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System

Excerpt from - Lesson 69 - Q&A – Kundalini symptoms, imbalances, and remedies

Let's look at some of the principles involved in rising kundalini and how imbalances can occur. As we do, we will look at some other measures you can take.

The metaphorical mythology of kundalini describes a union between Shakti (a name for kundalini in motion) and Shiva (pure bliss consciousness). As you know, Shakti starts out near the base of the spine in the huge storehouse of prana there, i.e., sexual energy. In the mythology, Shiva is located at the top of the head. So the way it is described is Shakti awakens, goes up through all the chakras until she reaches the top of the head, and there she finds union with Shiva who is waiting there for her. He is just hanging out there doing nothing, you know. They make love and nectar overflows downward, enlightening the practitioner. Very romantic, isn't it? Especially for Shiva, who sits up there doing nothing while Shakti fights her way upward (through your nervous system!) to find him.

While it looks great on paper, this scenario does not work very well. In practice, most of the time this approach is a flop because it assumes that Shakti will do all the work, and find Shiva at the crown. She will sure try, and tear up your nervous system in the process. Hence the excessive kundalini symptoms. Things can get so
uncomfortable that practices can't continue, and then it goes into a long slow burn from then on.

The answer to this is to get Shiva off his butt and doing something. He has to get off his lofty perch and "get down" with Shakti wherever she may be in the body, which is everywhere once she is awake and coming up. While their union may finally end up somewhere "up there," Shiva and Shakti must be brought together everywhere in the body first. If this is done, some craziness may still be there, but it will be the craziness of the ecstatic union of Shiva and Shakti going on in every nerve and cell in the body, rather than the blistering chaos of Shakti's energy alone burning through everything it meets, all of which is in your body. In short, which do you prefer, ecstasy or agony?

This is why spinal breathing is the first recommendation. It directly activates both masculine and feminine energies, and it brings them together in a balanced way. The ascending breath brings Shakti to Shiva, and the descending breath brings Shiva to Shakti. It is a balanced relationship. Then, in union, they go out together to every nerve and cell in the body. With this approach, much more energy can be moved with far less stress to the system. It opens the possibility for much more aggressive spiritual practice than is possible using the Shakti-only approach. And it is a lot of ecstatic fun too.

The rest of our advanced practices are also designed to be dual-pole in nature. We introduced mulabandha at the root and sambhavi at the third eye. In the future we will continue to take this approach of introducing new practices in a dual-pole way. Balance. The rise of ecstatic conductivity in the spinal nerve is a manifestation of this balance, the ecstatic union of Shiva and Shakti in the sushumna.

What about the crown? We have deliberately left that out of the lessons so far. It is called the sahasrar, the "thousand-petaled lotus." Later we will deal with it. It too must be addressed. But to do so prematurely can lead to the kind of "devastating emotions" you mentioned. First we want the third eye to root spinal nerve cleaned out and ecstatic conductivity fully established. Then, the crown comes into play naturally. It has its own connection to the sushumna. If we go there too soon and and try to make a shortcut, we will pay the price. The surest way to approach the crown is via a sushumna that has been well purified before hand. Going to the crown first and then purifying the sushumna is a formula for unpleasantness – lots of excessive kundalini symptoms can happen.

Even in the smoothest kundalini awakening there will be some symptoms. There can be some aching and/or heat around the extremities of the spinal nerve, just as you described – third eye and root. With easy spinal breathing and meditation they should not become extreme. If they do, back off practices somewhat, as recommended, and try some of the further measures mentioned below. Many other things can happen: Light burning sensations here and there. Some lurching of the body or sudden movement of air from the lungs during practices. The feeling of insects crawling on the limbs, or little pricks like they are biting occasionally during the day. Strange feelings in the feet that are both pleasurable and itchy at the same time -- this can be smoothed by walking regularly. It can happen in the hands too. There can also be a varied assortment of goose bumps, occasional shivers, sexual arousal, inner buzzing and humming sounds, hot pinpricks, slight headaches, and other weird sensations. All of this stuff settles down in time. To the extent any of it remains, it is overshadowed by the experience of pure bliss consciousness and divine ecstasy coming from inside. You will find things like these in a normal kundalini awakening. All of them are symptoms of obstructions coming out, making way for a new life in unending ecstasy.

I hope this helps.
Old 20-01-2015, 04:41 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argento
It gets stronger and more permanent. My spine is buzzing away now as I type, my heart chakra is pulsing and I can feel electricity in my fingers and a sprinkler above my head that extends into the space around me.

Yes! This is precisely it! You nailed it with the sprinkler description. It kind of blows me away to be honest. It's peaceful and also very energetic at the same time. Everything lately seems... alive. Moving. Not in a physical sense.

Quote:
Anyway, kundalini is a cold wind....all the spinning and buzzing and fizzing are side effects.

This is fascinating- I've never heard it talked about like that. Does it feel like a literal cold wind?

Last night, while just focusing on it and trying to let it pass, I had to really rip myself out of a meditative state at work and ended up extremely fatigued and with a headache (which I still have now). I have never had physical side effects like this. I can deal with them, but I am more just like... wow. This is incredible.

So what's the point of all this anyway? What does kundalini even do? Is this the fabled "path to enlightenment" or just another step we have to take into ourselves?

jonesboy, I just saw your reply after I submitted this. Thanks for taking the time to put that together and I will certainly look at the information you've provided.
Old 20-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Master
Hi Verunia, You've received real good sound advice above. I would just like to comment that you are not "a whack job" because you have been to the edge and back. From your post, it sounds to me like you've made some conscious decisions to take control of your life, emotional and otherwise.

In my view the kundalini rising is a gift from the universe, I hope you settle into it and find joy.
Old 20-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Guide
Thanks skygazer- I absolutely love your signature by the way. I really feel that it is true.
Old 21-01-2015, 01:24 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Hi Verunia,

Kundalini is energy. Another name for kundalini is universal conscioucness. It sounds like good things are happening :)

I am going to provide some links to a great website where you can learn about kundalini and practices that work with kundalini in a safe manner.

:) It is much more than a cold wind!

Here is a nice article called Lesson 125 - Q&A – Kundalini heat

Here is a link to a forum that has helped alot of people with kundalini issues. You should find some answers here. Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System

Excerpt from - Lesson 69 - Q&A – Kundalini symptoms, imbalances, and remedies

Let's look at some of the principles involved in rising kundalini and how imbalances can occur. As we do, we will look at some other measures you can take.

The metaphorical mythology of kundalini describes a union between Shakti (a name for kundalini in motion) and Shiva (pure bliss consciousness). As you know, Shakti starts out near the base of the spine in the huge storehouse of prana there, i.e., sexual energy. In the mythology, Shiva is located at the top of the head. So the way it is described is Shakti awakens, goes up through all the chakras until she reaches the top of the head, and there she finds union with Shiva who is waiting there for her. He is just hanging out there doing nothing, you know. They make love and nectar overflows downward, enlightening the practitioner. Very romantic, isn't it? Especially for Shiva, who sits up there doing nothing while Shakti fights her way upward (through your nervous system!) to find him.

While it looks great on paper, this scenario does not work very well. In practice, most of the time this approach is a flop because it assumes that Shakti will do all the work, and find Shiva at the crown. She will sure try, and tear up your nervous system in the process. Hence the excessive kundalini symptoms. Things can get so
uncomfortable that practices can't continue, and then it goes into a long slow burn from then on.

The answer to this is to get Shiva off his butt and doing something. He has to get off his lofty perch and "get down" with Shakti wherever she may be in the body, which is everywhere once she is awake and coming up. While their union may finally end up somewhere "up there," Shiva and Shakti must be brought together everywhere in the body first. If this is done, some craziness may still be there, but it will be the craziness of the ecstatic union of Shiva and Shakti going on in every nerve and cell in the body, rather than the blistering chaos of Shakti's energy alone burning through everything it meets, all of which is in your body. In short, which do you prefer, ecstasy or agony?

This is why spinal breathing is the first recommendation. It directly activates both masculine and feminine energies, and it brings them together in a balanced way. The ascending breath brings Shakti to Shiva, and the descending breath brings Shiva to Shakti. It is a balanced relationship. Then, in union, they go out together to every nerve and cell in the body. With this approach, much more energy can be moved with far less stress to the system. It opens the possibility for much more aggressive spiritual practice than is possible using the Shakti-only approach. And it is a lot of ecstatic fun too.

The rest of our advanced practices are also designed to be dual-pole in nature. We introduced mulabandha at the root and sambhavi at the third eye. In the future we will continue to take this approach of introducing new practices in a dual-pole way. Balance. The rise of ecstatic conductivity in the spinal nerve is a manifestation of this balance, the ecstatic union of Shiva and Shakti in the sushumna.

What about the crown? We have deliberately left that out of the lessons so far. It is called the sahasrar, the "thousand-petaled lotus." Later we will deal with it. It too must be addressed. But to do so prematurely can lead to the kind of "devastating emotions" you mentioned. First we want the third eye to root spinal nerve cleaned out and ecstatic conductivity fully established. Then, the crown comes into play naturally. It has its own connection to the sushumna. If we go there too soon and and try to make a shortcut, we will pay the price. The surest way to approach the crown is via a sushumna that has been well purified before hand. Going to the crown first and then purifying the sushumna is a formula for unpleasantness – lots of excessive kundalini symptoms can happen.

Even in the smoothest kundalini awakening there will be some symptoms. There can be some aching and/or heat around the extremities of the spinal nerve, just as you described – third eye and root. With easy spinal breathing and meditation they should not become extreme. If they do, back off practices somewhat, as recommended, and try some of the further measures mentioned below. Many other things can happen: Light burning sensations here and there. Some lurching of the body or sudden movement of air from the lungs during practices. The feeling of insects crawling on the limbs, or little pricks like they are biting occasionally during the day. Strange feelings in the feet that are both pleasurable and itchy at the same time -- this can be smoothed by walking regularly. It can happen in the hands too. There can also be a varied assortment of goose bumps, occasional shivers, sexual arousal, inner buzzing and humming sounds, hot pinpricks, slight headaches, and other weird sensations. All of this stuff settles down in time. To the extent any of it remains, it is overshadowed by the experience of pure bliss consciousness and divine ecstasy coming from inside. You will find things like these in a normal kundalini awakening. All of them are symptoms of obstructions coming out, making way for a new life in unending ecstasy.

I hope this helps.

Although im happy and content with how my ride went. it was no doubt a wild one. Powerful emotions for sure. lol. Based on what you have to say about the crown I can see why. My crown going into all this was strong I think. Third eye weak. Recipe for some interesting experiences along the way from what your saying. But on a positive note. It all seems to have worked out well.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 21-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Argento

The belly and chakras begin to buzz and spin and emotions seems to appear from nowhere. You remember things from childhood that you had repressed and forgotten...you finish with these memories and the buzzing gets stronger...then it happens again, and again...

This is what people mistake for kundalini.

When the energy reaches a certain level, the cold wind opens at the root chakra. When this happens good luck.

....and yes, it literally feels like a cold wind.

When it finishes, you don't become God unfortunately :( ...and your problems don't completely disappear either. You become a very simple person with a very simple life.

When I hear others speak of God and eternal bliss and kundalini as if it is magical, I know for certain they are still searching. Their life has not been simplified to things like:

How do I get to work?
How can I get money for food?
Can you please pass the salt?
Dreaming of a magical future stops

All just everyday stuff...very simple.
Old 21-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argento
The belly and chakras begin to buzz and spin and emotions seems to appear from nowhere. You remember things from childhood that you had repressed and forgotten...you finish with these memories and the buzzing gets stronger...then it happens again, and again...

This is what people mistake for kundalini.

When the energy reaches a certain level, the cold wind opens at the root chakra. When this happens good luck.

....and yes, it literally feels like a cold wind.

When it finishes, you don't become God unfortunately :( ...and your problems don't completely disappear either. You become a very simple person with a very simple life.

When I hear others speak of God and eternal bliss and kundalini as if it is magical, I know for certain they are still searching. Their life has not been simplified to things like:

How do I get to work?
How can I get money for food?
Can you please pass the salt?
Dreaming of a magical future stops

All just everyday stuff...very simple.

It feels like extsasy and becomes permanent. It becomes ordinary to feel it always. In my experience it is all pretty ordinary in that life is all the same. Im just joyfully intoxicated through it all.

Cold wind is not what I have experienced. But we are all different. For me it has many flavors and such in the experience. One common factor for me is being liquid feeling. And in that liquid I am intoxicated. I eat myself up. love myself. Its like being a melting pot of joy for me. I am the melting pot. It became how I feel myself.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 21-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Argento

Yeah, I think we're talking about the same thing.

I see it as my body functioning properly which balances my emotions. When I do emote however, I emote with my entire being. It scares the insecure and gains polite respect from the strong.

...and yes, it feels a little like joygasm when its happening, but that settles over time into strength.

Search ug krishnamurti on yt. Other people called him krishnamurti, he told them to go away. Be ready to have your bubble burst though

Jonesboy, stay away from his videos..His ideas will threaten you. AAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!