Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 31-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Buzz

My experience is that so called truth does not reveal itself like a magic trick. It is uncovered over time like layers of an onion being removed. So in a sense yes there is personal truth, as what is being revealed is of greater merit then what came before it.
To impose a so called universal truth on another when the person is not ready to receive it is just plain silly. And beyond that how are you really certain you are dealing with a universal truth? Six months from now that same truth may be traded up for a more 'universal' truth. Hehe...
Old 31-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain-Goat

Why would i willingly entrap myself again with the miriad of beliefs regarding enlightenment.

[/font]
I'm interested in the idea of being able to take or leave it. It's not easy to let go of beliefs, in my experience anyway. For me it's emotional, we have attachments that go very deep. We also like to be on top, it can be hard to let go of the idea that 'I'm right and you're wrong' when it comes to spirituality. To me it's much more fulfilling when I experience it for myself and don't need others to fill in the emotional gaps.
Old 31-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain-Goat
[font=Tahoma] I don't seek enlightenment, nor am i stuck.

You were never included or excluded

I don't see words are limited, i think it's a person's limitation in their ability to use words.

Speaking of the balance between literal interpretation and a deeper and transparent feeling of something authentic

Namaste brother
Old 31-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
There is only one's perspective of the truth. We must speak from this perspective. We can not speak from another's perpective, nor should we try too. When we hear a truth and think: "hey that makes sense" then we can choose to make it our truth too. It then becomes your truth.

The truth is like a child that has been adopted by two parents. At first the the child is thought of as "other" and not part of the parents. As time goes by the child becomes a part of the two parents. Then eventually their comes a time when the two parents think of the child as being theirs. Then there comes a time when they have forgotten that they even adopted the child. They can not even remember a time when the child was not with them.
Yep, and that is what I said, more or less, it doesn't matter, we could go on talking about the truth for ever and never really knowing the truth, it can only be experienced by the individual, but the experience is never the truth.
Old 31-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Is that true?
You'll have to find that out for your self, but yea good one lol.
Old 31-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
To impose a so called universal truth on another when the person is not ready to receive it is just plain silly.
But in the environment of peer to peer conversation, as it is here in SF, no one is imposing.
Quote:
And beyond that how are you really certain you are dealing with a universal truth?
I theorize because thay experienced strong sensations that someone told them what those sensations mean,
or they made up their own conclusion of what it means.
And because they are so convinced, they go around declaring it is actually a universal truth.
Of which i feel they have every right and freedom to.

When peacegarden and Aquarian expressed they percieve me as a (paraphrased) 'douchebag in how i communicate',
i joyfully and respectfully allow them the freedom and right to say whatever they want, what is it to me what they believe,
they have not imposed anything on me, they have simply expressed their opinion, just like those that declare universal truths.
Old 31-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I'm interested in the idea of being able to take or leave it. It's not easy to let go of beliefs, in my experience anyway. For me it's emotional, we have attachments that go very deep.
I agree with your observations.
It took me 7 years to let go of my wife and whole heartedly, without a shred of doubt, file for divorce from her.
Yes it's hard to let go of beliefs, and each belief will have it's own unique strands of attachment,
aka each detachment from a belief will be a unique experience,
aka detaching from christianity was very different from detaching from wanting my wife back.
But within each self discovery journey of the structure of the attachment produced increased understanding and ability to detach from later discovered beliefs more easily.
Quote:
We also like to be on top,
Pun alert pun alert ~laughs~
Quote:
We also like to be on top, it can be hard to let go of the idea that 'I'm right and you're wrong' when it comes to spirituality. To me it's much more fulfilling when I experience it for myself and don't need others to fill in the emotional gaps.
I read a book many moons ago...Failing Forward by John Maxwell.
Way back in my late 20s or early 30's, but i recall one thing that stuck out for me
was the reality that making mistakes, "being wrong" is a natural part of the process of inner growth, of learning new things/skills.
So from that book i stopped cringing whenever i was wrong, i stopped being defensive when wrong or fighting to be right.
"Ooh, it's normal to be wrong when learning/doing new things, when i don't know everything, when i am imperfect...well that's alright then."
Old 31-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Master

It's not just having the truth but also the things that go along with it. When you think you know the truth you can also think you know what other people need and resent those who don't agree with you. The whole nature of claiming universal spiritual truth that others haven't gotten yet is about power.
Old 31-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
It's not just having the truth but also the things that go along with it. When you think you know the truth you can also think you know what other people need and resent those who don't agree with you. The whole nature of claiming universal spiritual truth that others haven't gotten yet is about power.
That is certainly true, but then that person wouldn't be truly realized, to the truly realized we are all the same, we are all One, therefore there is no place for resentment.
Old 31-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
That is certainly true, but then that person wouldn't be truly realized, to the truly realized we are all the same, we are all One, therefore there is no place for resentment.
Resentment doesn't always mean outright anger, it can be much more subtle than that. The nature of having ultimate truth that others don't doesn't really have anywhere else to go. If people disagree with you, they are on 'that' side.