Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-11-2012, 09:50 PM
DeepForest

What is the reason? Why do we exist? Why are we here to advance spiritually?

Why do we exist?

Some believe we are her on earth to spiritually learn things. Why? For what reason are we to learn and develop?

Why not exist without doing anything at all? Why not not exist?

Some believe we are here to help others. Why?

When (if) we return to the joyful dimension where love and acceptance is predominant, what is the point of existing there?

"Why?" on everything!
Old 16-11-2012, 09:57 PM
peacegarden

Why does anything at all exist? What would there be without any kind of universe? There would not be nothing, because there would be nothing for that nothing to exist within.

I suppose awareness is there, because it is better than nothing ever having existed.

What else is there to do other than create and destroy? And what else to do other than grow consciously by creating what has not yet been created? The creator grows by creating. Without creation, nowhere to play. With creation, a game to play.

It kinda hurts my brain to think what there would be without existence or awareness.
Old 16-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Neville

It's nothing personal, despite how it might seem. Creation needs, must even, to express itself. You are that expression.
Old 16-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepForest
Why do we exist?

We're a product of evolution.

Quote:

That's your choice. But one might as well pursue what opportunity affords.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 16-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Henri77

Watched a cool mini lecture by an enlightened master.

His main point ..... mind has a neverending list of "why's" .... to distract us from the experience of now.... (an infinite list of questions)

The now, only the heart can understand.

The why's are never finally satisfied.

I asked such questions at 10 or 12 and many decades later have found no absolute answers, nor have philosophers.

Most seem to agree we seek to rediscover our true nature... (as humans anyway) those from other galaxies may have somewhat different priorities.

But it seems our nature to ask the why behind what we perceive or are told.

Last edited by Henri77 : 17-11-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old 17-11-2012, 12:04 AM
spiritualized

Growth, learning & experience.
Old 17-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Mathew

G’day DeepForest

I wrote up about a few of these questions on my blog when I had it, it was quite lengthy.

To keep it short; we are here, I believe, as pioneers to develop another species to experience our knowing as enlightened beings but to start ignorant of our true selves so we have a humanistic grounding for future human development through physical evolution, it’s a game or a joke as I would put it. I think a lot of us have done this before in developing other new species.

Why not not exist? This is an interesting question that has a fair bit to do with my thread does oneness actually exist? I think oneness is existence where’s IS-ness just is as it doesn’t have to exist as we know it, being in just IS-ness without emotionally feeling oneness is not existing in my mind.

To answer the question we don’t exist when in just an IS-ness state, it just IS but when we incorporate an emotional feeling of oneness this gives us beliefs & comparisons, with comparisons we get existence as we know it so I believe.

Some believe we are here to help others. Why? We are all here to help build upon a new species some of us are here to help humans kind develop further when we are stuck in a rut.

The joyful dimension you talk about here is but another evolutional developmental stage of our species as a whole, this stage I feel is a healing stage of our development but it has its own dilemma’s, how does one live in a dimension with no yin to the yang, no comparisons & still stay human in all sense of the word? But another hurdle to jump like this dimension or is the comparison this dimension? The comparison is probably comparing one dimension to another!!

Love
Mathew
Old 17-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden
Why does anything at all exist? What would there be without any kind of universe? There would not be nothing, because there would be nothing for that nothing to exist within.

I suppose awareness is there, because it is better than nothing ever having existed.

What else is there to do other than create and destroy? And what else to do other than grow consciously by creating what has not yet been created? The creator grows by creating. Without creation, nowhere to play. With creation, a game to play.

It kinda hurts my brain to think what there would be without existence or awareness.

G'day peacegarden

Simple but very well put in my mind peacegarden.....existence exists because we exist & have comparisons to exist by, without comparisons what is there to exist for? Full oneness or enlightenment, what then? As you said we create & destroy, to destroy is to kill off but life is eternal even after death so destruction is only reforming or re-birthing process I believe!!!

Love
Mathew
Old 17-11-2012, 03:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Why do we exist?

Some believe we are her on earth to spiritually learn things. Why? For what reason are we to learn and develop?

When (if) we return to the joyful dimension where love and acceptance is predominant, what is the point of existing there?

"Why?" on everything!

That you do exist seems indisputable (to yourself at least, others can 'disavow'). So the point becomes how do you want to exist.
How do you want to exist? Don't you want to experience joy? Can you imagine a better way to be?
If your life of joy leads you to 'help others', I think that that is a wonderous thing and it is something that many could benefit from.
To 'learn and develop' sounds okay to me too, but I wonder what use you might put these skills toward. I suppose it's for us to choose how we will be.
This world can be made to be a 'joyful dimension where love and acceptance is predominant'. I think many will choose to make it so.
Old 17-11-2012, 04:43 AM
Dr.Truth

Quote:
Why do we exist?

"Why?" on everything!

Great questions...

They usually say that the potential for growth and understanding is greater in physical realms because the scope of experiences is greater than what could be experienced in the heavens.

We can't really define words like "love" or "happiness" without defining the opposite.

We start out as simple creatures who have very simple ideas of "what works". Then later, and inevitably we develope more complex ideas of "what works".