Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Yes, I can see they are all possessed by demons...nearly all of the human race is under the influence of Satan and they cannot see it...I can see it...all of the greed, hatred, anger, crime and murders...but they are blind to it because it is so commonplace now.

Oh, come now. Why must we always cast about for a scapegoat for our failings as a species? The devil made him do it is so old hat. They're starting to say "nature made him do it", which is somewhat more useful, but still not exactly correct.
Old 17-05-2017, 12:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadodecadron
Oh, come now. Why must we always cast about for a scapegoat for our failings as a species? The devil made him do it is so old hat. They're starting to say "nature made him do it", which is somewhat more useful, but still not exactly correct.
Of course I have evolved slightly since making that post. If we are to admit/agree we have this thing called 'free will' we choose to be 'god-like' or 'not god like' and anything 'not god like' can equate to being 'satan like' can't it?

So, by saying 'satan made him do it' we can say that 'his own choice to be not god-like made him do it' which would be exactly the same thing in pretty rustic vernacular.
Old 17-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Master
Impressively wonderful high-flying 'bounce' back, Nec!

Brought lyrics from Paul Simon's Graceland to mind:
Quote:
There is a girl in New York City
Who calls herself the human trampoline
And sometimes when I’m falling, flying
Or tumbling in turmoil I say
Whoa, so this is what she means
She means we’re bouncing into Graceland
And I see losing love
Is like a window in your heart
Everybody sees you’re blown apart
Everybody sees the wind blow

In Graceland, in Graceland
I’m going to Graceland
For reasons I cannot explain
There’s some part of me wants to see Graceland
And I may be obliged to defend
Every love, every ending
Or maybe there’s no obligations now
Maybe I’ve a reason to believe
We all will be received
In Graceland

One of my faves! Here a link to the sound track (U can skip the ad in 4 secs): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDXzLeFUkpc

Quote:
Necro asks the question; "what is this 'Authentic Self' is Spirit/Soul/God? how does one ever be true to that and live it?"
I sincerely offer what I wrote in my book as 'answering' these clearly sincere! questions in intelligible terms. Free pdf download available from:
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/upload...godspeak2k.pdf

Om Mane Padme Hum
Om Namah Shivay

Old 18-05-2017, 04:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Impressively wonderful high-flying 'bounce' back, Nec!

Brought lyrics from Paul Simon's Graceland to mind:

One of my faves! Here a link to the sound track (U can skip the ad in 4 secs): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDXzLeFUkpc

I sincerely offer what I wrote in my book as 'answering' these clearly sincere! questions in intelligible terms. Free pdf download available from:
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/upload...godspeak2k.pdf

Om Mane Padme Hum
Om Namah Shivay

Thank you, David and I shall read your book at my most comfortable, receptive leisure as there is much to absorb within the pages of wisdom there.

As for the Graceland album - I owned it and played it to death in the early 90's...I am very familiar with it and the words resonate.

Paul Simon has a poetic knack akin to Dylan in regards to such experiences.
Old 18-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Paul Simon has a poetic knack akin to Dylan in regards to such experiences.
Old 19-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Knower
Quote:
Greetings fellow 'spiritual people'.

Twice today, I have been told I am 'not spiritual' which is really cool if I am not because then I can get on with just living a meaningless existence and not knowing any better.

So, to humour it I was like "what makes you say that?"

There are also many 'spiritual actors' out there too who believe if they 'play the part' they'll eventually become the part they play. It's like a form of spiritual dishonesty.

So, I am learning to come to terms with the fact that other people don't exist anyway and I only imagine that they do, so being called 'not spiritual' doesn't phase me because it is the weakest form of an attempt at insult based on a supposed guilt feeling I do not possess and thus it just bounces straight back off me, like water off a duck's back.

That's like you being told you aren't the proper weight. (Say WHAT?!)

According to who and what and since when? People don't get to define each other. They sure do try though. And most of us buy into it.

STOP.

People are spirit beings having a human experience. Everyone is spirit - whether they live in alignment spiritually with their spirit - or not. Living a spiritual lifestyle is cool, but doing so would be in addition to already being spirit.

Try to remember that what other people say about you is not a reflection of you. It's a reflection of them because that's where it's coming from. Yes, it might be unpleasant to be on the receiving end of other's $hit sometimes - but that's life. We have to co-mingle, but we don't have to participate in every conversation.

It's your choice to either listen or to walk away.

Best :)
Old 19-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
I was directed to read the Celestine Prophecy, which I have never read before last night, and it reminded me about all of those Carlos Casteneda books I read as a teen...especially "The Second Ring of Power"...I didn't get much out of the Celestine Prophecy that I didn't already know. It served more as a reminder than anything else.
For anyone unfamiliar with The Celestine Prophecy, here's a link to the page on Redfield's site which presents summaries of the Insights. Note: the text on this page only extends down to the Ninth Insight. Click on the links in the sidebar on the left (one a a time) will take you to all Twelve.

http://www.celestinevision.com/the-1...ne-insights/2/

In think the book itself is more 'trippy' to read, however.

Old 19-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
It's your choice to either listen or to walk away.
Just want to point out that one always has more than just these two choices in relation to any 'stimulus' situation.

What I call "Creative Confrontation" (as demonstrated in the cases of various 'civil rights' movements, when and where a 'broad' spectrum of audiences are watching, listening, etc.) is just one of many others. 'Standup Comedy' performances are another.

I know you mean well, MicroMacro, but though what you think, feel, believe and (so) say may appear to be the epitome of 'wisdom', what you present here is a false choice limitation, IMO.

Old 19-05-2017, 07:52 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Just want to point out that one always has more than just these two choices in relation to any 'stimulus' situation.

What I call "Creative Confrontation" (as demonstrated in the cases of various 'civil rights' movements, when and where a 'broad' spectrum of audiences are watching, listening, etc.) is just one of many others. 'Standup Comedy' performances are another.

I know you mean well, MicroMacro, but though what you think, feel, believe and (so) say may appear to be the epitome of 'wisdom', what you present here is a false choice limitation, IMO.

What you call "Creative Confrontation" sorta needs to take place after listening. Don't you think?

What you call a false choice limitation - I call options. Options that need to be evaluated (quickly sometimes) and then acted on (one or the other) before something else can happen.
Old 19-05-2017, 10:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
What you call "Creative Confrontation" sorta needs to take place after listening. Don't you think?

What you call a false choice limitation - I call options. Options that need to be evaluated (quickly sometimes) and then acted on (one or the other) before something else can happen.
Oh, so that's what you meant when you suggested that one could either listen or walk away. I didn't grok that from your original comment ... I actually thought you were implying that 'listening' (i.e. seriously considering and responding to, instead of just closing one's mind to and 'walking away' from 'persecutory' assertions) in such cases was more or less the equivalent to 'electing' to be 'suffer' personal abuse and that the better choice

I am now additionally reminded -- where do such thoughts come from? -- of what another well-regarded (by many) teacher advocated, which strikes me strikes me as implying that spontaneously 'speaking back' in response may well be a way of honorably 'channeling' the Spirit of Life which I regard as the Soul of Being, as reported for instance in Luke Ch.12:

"And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say."

I hope you enjoy wizdom ping-pong as much as I do, MicroMacro - or at least, that 'listening' to my pong-backs, such as they are, instead of just walking away from them, positively serves your purpose in commenting as you have as well.