Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 09-02-2013, 01:19 AM
white_lobo

Ive had this happen several times when just waking up too fast, or trying to astral project. i think this happens because the body is still asleep, and part of the mind is still thinking you are asleep.

i have also waken from nightmares and still was in sleep paralysis
Old 09-02-2013, 02:05 AM
Alexis M

I have gotten to the point sleep paralysis doesn't necessarily scare me, it can disturb me (the feeling something has just sat on my bed or the snake slithering up my bed). When I realized I am paralyzed I started telling myself to 'Wake Up', I close my eyes, and then open them. It can take 3-4x to take affect. During these times it had not occurred to me to try and leave my body. I have learned to know when I am dreaming, but I have yet had the ability to alter them. Once I realize I am dreaming I almost instantly start to wake up.
I hope to give it a try the next time it happens.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
It's a precursor.

Sleep paralysis is not necessarily a precursor for astral projection, for some people it is and for some people it isn't. So saying something as broad as it is a precursor is inaccurate, because it is not for everyone. Some people experience sleep paralysis during every projection, some people never experience it. Some people project from sleep paralysis, and some people cannot. Sleep paralysis can be a precursor but it is never absolute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
I know it's freaky but it's only biological. When we go to sleep our brain sends a signal to our body to chemically paralyze us, to "turn it off," so we won't act out our dreams.

During the sleep process the brain shifts through different states. Sometimes when we are still aware, and the subconscious hasn't fully taken over so we can dream, we will then be aware of this paralysis process.

It's nothing to be afraid of and you should not fight it. Fighting it keeps you awake and triggers adrenaline responses in the body to wake us back up. It's a survival mechanism to be afraid of the paralysis and that is hard to control.

Sometimes during this stage people hallucinate different things. Once you wake up you will feel normal. If you manage to project instead you will also feel fine as the astral you gets used to it's new environment.

In a lot of cases it is biological but I have countless experiences that prove that is not always the case. I have been completely paralyzed while in the astral planes no where near my body, a spirit was the culprit. So perhaps when a spirit is able to paralyze us perhaps what they are doing is something biological, but it definitely is not always some malfunction in our own biological mechanics. I have watched television during sleep paralysis and once I returned to my physical body opened my eyes and guess what was on TV? The exact same show I had been watching for a minute or two during paralysis. I have experienced evidence that during a lot of episodes of sleep paralysis it is not our physical body that is paralyzed, it is one of our subtle bodies. If it was our physical body that would be biological, if it is our subtle bodies clearly that is not biological. Perhaps it could be neurological, but definitely not always biological. Broad answers that claim to be the know all answer never answer a subject such as sleep paralysis. I have seen countless people attempt to do the exact same thing and answer the subject of sleep paralysis with the same answer and they have all fallen short to explain it all. My subtle body has been paralyzed in several levels of consciousness in both lucid dreams and astral projections. When I returned to my physical body I experienced no paralysis. So it being biological cannot be the only answer, I have never experienced sleep paralysis in my physical body. Everytime I have experienced it in one of my subtle bodies in a non-lucid dream, lucid dream, and astral projection there has always been some sort of spirit/being/entity in close proximity to me. They have always been then before the paralysis, during, and after and so this indicates to me without a shadow of a doubt that spirits of at least some form have the ability of inducing sleep paralysis to our subtle bodies.
Old 15-02-2013, 05:32 PM
heartofgold

I've just started to experience sleep paralysis. Twice now that I'm aware of. If it's following a nightmare (I rarely remember my dreams).. Do you think there's a connection between the two?
Old 17-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofgold
I've just started to experience sleep paralysis. Twice now that I'm aware of. If it's following a nightmare (I rarely remember my dreams).. Do you think there's a connection between the two?

You are probably waking yourself quicker than normal because of the nightmares and you are getting caught inbetween your consciousness shifting. I have found when I try and wake myself up from a dream extremely fast sometimes that happens. Basically your physical body cannot wake up until your consciousness returns to it, and so you are experiencing paralysis of your subtle body as your consciousness shifts back into your physical body and then you wake up.
Old 17-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Master
i think i have experienced having sleep paralysis before too without knowing the accurate name for it as a kid. my sister is a heavy sleeper but would wake up though. when i would take naps my body feels numb and i would never wake back up i could hear my name being called as i dreamed.
Old 18-02-2013, 04:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
i think i have experienced having sleep paralysis before too without knowing the accurate name for it as a kid. my sister is a heavy sleeper but would wake up though. when i would take naps my body feels numb and i would never wake back up i could hear my name being called as i dreamed.

Were you actually paralyzed? There is a difference between not being able to wake up and actually being paralyzed. If you were paralyzed and could either not move at all, or could only wiggle a little bit and it felt like your limbs/torso weighed too much to lift up then you experienced sleep paralysis. If you just weren't able to wake up that wouldn't necessarily be sleep paralysis, but I have experienced it as well. When we are in the states of pre-sleep and pre-waking meaning right when we fall asleep and right when we are about to wake up, we have special abilities we don't access when awake. They are called astral hearing and astral vision and during those few moments when we first fall asleep and are about to wake up we can see and hear into the RTZ (Real Time Zone) the dimension between the astral planes and the physical dimension. What you heard was either a spirit calling your name, a random noise bouncing around in the RTZ, or a audio hallucination. All are completely possible.
Old 18-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Were you actually paralyzed? There is a difference between not being able to wake up and actually being paralyzed. If you were paralyzed and could either not move at all, or could only wiggle a little bit and it felt like your limbs/torso weighed too much to lift up then you experienced sleep paralysis. If you just weren't able to wake up that wouldn't necessarily be sleep paralysis, but I have experienced it as well. When we are in the states of pre-sleep and pre-waking meaning right when we fall asleep and right when we are about to wake up, we have special abilities we don't access when awake. They are called astral hearing and astral vision and during those few moments when we first fall asleep and are about to wake up we can see and hear into the RTZ (Real Time Zone) the dimension between the astral planes and the physical dimension. What you heard was either a spirit calling your name, a random noise bouncing around in the RTZ, or a audio hallucination. All are completely possible.

Astral Explorer i'm not to keen on the topic sleep paralysis, but there has been times were i have fallen into deep sleep and i was able to wiggle my fingers but i couldn't move anything eles. i have heard my name being called by my parents or brother sister being fully aware that they were the outside voices who were calling me. i could not open my eyes and i felt them twitching i was trying to re-open them to wake up. To be honest i don't know what i experinced and usally i have them from time to time but not often.
Old 18-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
Astral Explorer i'm not to keen on the topic sleep paralysis, but there has been times were i have fallen into deep sleep and i was able to wiggle my fingers but i couldn't move anything eles. i have heard my name being called by my parents or brother sister being fully aware that they were the outside voices who were calling me. i could not open my eyes and i felt them twitching i was trying to re-open them to wake up. To be honest i don't know what i experinced and usally i have them from time to time but not often.

The times where you mention you could only wiggle your fingers was certainly sleep paralysis, I cannot comment on the others though. I have also heard my mother's voice calling my name while half asleep half awake and during meditation. It's called astral hearing and is quite common, we experience it during pre-sleep and pre-waking moments.