Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Master
Dear Sozerius,

So now Spirit Guide Sparrow is ‘defensive’, ‘delusional’ and ‘arrogant’. Well thank you very much for that profound wisdom.

You clearly feel the need to ‘challenge’ me, as you put it. Let us talk about that.

Rather than take your belief systems to the ‘general beliefs’ category as I have suggested twice to you, you have taken it upon yourself to remain within this Common Questions About Life thread purely for your own gain. If you simply wished to give of yourself in service and share your wisdom with others, you would have done what I suggested to you by now. However, you have not, and your motive insists to remain and challenge me personally. Obviously you feel in your heart there is something to gain from such confrontation, so I will permit you to indulge it.

You feel that I have somehow shooed you away, as you say. I do not wish you to feel bad because you cannot ‘have your say’, so I shall now give you the floor, so to speak, for you to say all you wish to say, and get it off your chest. Since you and your all-wise and genuine spirit guide have ‘the truth’, I shall now step aside and permit you to answer everybody’s questions. Since you are so enthusiastic to challenge me in your youth, I now extend my own challenge to you. This is a more positive and productive direction than you urgently trying to impose your beliefs on people who have not asked for them.

If you are unable to answer everybody’s questions, or do not accept my own challenge for you to do so, then please impose your ‘truth’ or all-knowing wisdom on another thread. This is now your opportunity to shine as you seek, I hope you will accept my challenge to you.

We all await your extensive love and wisdom.

-Sparrow

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
Old 30-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Guide

Dear Sparrow,

It's nice of your to be so gracious as to turn over your thread to Sozerius, however, I believe the majority of people are here to seek your answers. I know they are a great fulfillment in my own life. Why not continue answering and simply let his/her answers coexist alongside your own?

Justin
Old 30-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
Dear Sozerius,

So now Spirit Guide Sparrow is ‘defensive’, ‘delusional’ and ‘arrogant’. Well thank you very much for that profound wisdom.

You clearly feel the need to ‘challenge’ me, as you put it. Let us talk about that.

Rather than take your belief systems to the ‘general beliefs’ category as I have suggested twice to you, you have taken it upon yourself to remain within this Common Questions About Life thread purely for your own gain. If you simply wished to give of yourself in service and share your wisdom with others, you would have done what I suggested to you by now. However, you have not, and your motive insists to remain and challenge me personally. Obviously you feel in your heart there is something to gain from such confrontation, so I will permit you to indulge it.

You feel that I have somehow shooed you away, as you say. I do not wish you to feel bad because you cannot ‘have your say’, so I shall now give you the floor, so to speak, for you to say all you wish to say, and get it off your chest. Since you and your all-wise and genuine spirit guide have ‘the truth’, I shall now step aside and permit you to answer everybody’s questions. Since you are so enthusiastic to challenge me in your youth, I now extend my own challenge to you. This is a more positive and productive direction than you urgently trying to impose your beliefs on people who have not asked for them.

If you are unable to answer everybody’s questions, or do not accept my own challenge for you to do so, then please impose your ‘truth’ or all-knowing wisdom on another thread. This is now your opportunity to shine as you seek, I hope you will accept my challenge to you.

We all await your extensive love and wisdom.

-Sparrow

Why would I answer questions directed specifically at you?

Any beliefs I have shared have been within the context of responding to what you have said, in a relevant manner. I have not simply shared random information that would not be appropriate. :P -That in and of itself would not be appropriate in the general beliefs forum.

I don't need you to ask me to step in to have something to say during a forum discussion. That is why it isn't private messaging.

I understand that you seem to need to feel in control of what happens in this thread. And, for that reason, you have not addressed any of the concerns that I have brought up to you. Though- you make it very clear in your OP that you are sharing of yourself and are open to what others have to say. Yet, in your actual posts this does not appear to be true. Especially since you do non seem to want to respond directly towards the things that I have said to you.

I am not subject to ultimatums made by you.
Old 30-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Time

So..... lets start with "the meaning of life". Ill keep it short. Biologically, its to reproduce, and ensure your genetic code gets passed on to the next generation. Life is about sexual reproduction, and furthering the species. Life is copetition with the environment, external (space) and internal (within the biosphere of the planet). In one word, life is "survival".

Then we come to a species (us), that doesnt seem to fit that nitch. We have the amazing ability to make choice, and choose amungst them. We have foresight. IF there is anything else, the meaning of life for humans, is what ever you choose it to be. In a word, its RELATIVE. Anything else, is someone trying to convince you to believe their own belifs (and im well aware of the fact that me speaking this obvious information, is generally the same thing :P )

Us as humans, are animals, who can question and choose. That does not makes us any better then anything on this planet. Concidering the choices we have made (generally), we are lesser then other animals, who live in general harmony with their environment). Understanding we are just smart monkeys, can be enlightening to some (even that is relative since some apes approch near human intellegence).
Old 30-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
Dear Sparrow,

It's nice of your to be so gracious as to turn over your thread to Sozerius, however, I believe the majority of people are here to seek your answers. I know they are a great fulfillment in my own life.

Justin

Dear Sparrow,

I agree with Justin, on "the majority of people are here to seek your answers " ! I am one of those people who truly appreciate the time and effort you put in to answer the questions asked of you,and in such detail. Even if I don't always have a question to ask, I do read the other questions and I always learn something I didn't know before.

with love & appreciation
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 30-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Here we go again ~

Sozerius, take a blessing and find a different thread to disrupt or start your own, as suggested.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 01-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozerius

Any beliefs I have shared have been within the context of responding to what you have said, in a relevant manner. I have not simply shared random information that would not be appropriate. :P -That in and of itself would not be appropriate in the general beliefs forum.

I don't need you to ask me to step in to have something to say during a forum discussion. That is why it isn't private messaging.

I understand that you seem to need to feel in control of what happens in this thread. And, for that reason, you have not addressed any of the concerns that I have brought up to you. Though- you make it very clear in your OP that you are sharing of yourself and are open to what others have to say. Yet, in your actual posts this does not appear to be true. Especially since you do non seem to want to respond directly towards the things that I have said to you.

My point exactly. Since such questions are directed to me do not presume to step in and correct me with your own, or should I say someone else’s belief systems. If you actually respected my intention for creating this thread you would not then purposely seek to devalue my words in replace of your own. Even if you disagreed with my words you would wish, within a loving intent, to simply contribute your own wisdom in addition to my own, rather than seek to devalue them simply because you think differently. Having knowledge is one thing, using knowledge through love is another.

Any beliefs I have shared have been within the context of responding to what you have said, in a relevant manner.

Telling someone they are wrong as you are right is not sharing, it is ‘taking’.

I have not simply shared random information that would not be appropriate. :P

You are right, you have not shared. Sharing comes from love. What would be appropriate would be to say, I understand this or that question was not posed to me, and I understand I may have a different perspective on this matter, but please allow me to contribute my own beliefs as follows…

Instead, you simply express…you are misleading people, you are deluded, actually this is how it really is…

See the difference in loving intent?

-That in and of itself would not be appropriate in the general beliefs forum.

Anything that is a belief is appropriate in the general beliefs section. Therefore your words would be quite appropriate there. Unless you are claiming your words are not beliefs.

It seems I do however need to tell you how to do so within a loving intention, and not an egotistical one.
I thouroughly relish in others contributions, and it is my intent that others share their wisdom within this community. For it is my wish and intent to bring people together in love and friendship. Your words present to function to cause separation and fragmentation between members. My words seek to bring them together and make them equal. Who is more likely to make friendships, build trust, mutual respect and understanding with others? One who seeks to correct people and tell them they are wrong or deluded, and he or she is right. Or one who believes it matters not who is right or wrong, that information speaks for itself, and its value and application remains an individual experience within those who come to read such words?.

I understand that you seem to need to feel in control of what happens in this thread.

You understand? Really? Or you presume to?
If I truly felt a need to be in control I would not have asked you to take over this committed intention of service. I dedicate every minute of spare time I have to bring clarity to peoples lives; the dedication and commitment I bring to such threads, purely for others benefit, are unparallel to anything you currently offer. I have no attachment to this thread or in fact this internet forum. The only intention to be present is to be of service. If you truly saw with eyes of love and of the purest intention, if you intuitively connected to the energy behind my words, this would be as transparent as others who perceive this.

And, for that reason, you have not addressed any of the concerns that I have brought up to you.

You have expressed no concerns, only challenges of opinion. I respond to genuine respectful questions that are asked out of a desire to appreciate my view of life, not to simply criticize. I have no interest in your challenges. Simply because I do not need to defend the information I present in service. You would seek me to respond to your challenges, or should I say, your insistence to appose, and impose your own beliefs, but I do not play such power games. I am not here to debate or defend my words, or to disprove anyone else’s, simply because I have the wisdom to understand that each individual will choose whether or not it is valid to their own life, and whether such information is of value to them. I need not place value on my own words, that is a task I leave for the people whose lives I touch. I am fully conscious and readily aware of such lives and how many lives I touch, and within this blessed knowledge, I have but to sit back and allow my information to simply speak for itself. I do not need to speak in its favour, or in the disfavour of another’s such as yourself.

Though- you make it very clear in your OP that you are sharing of yourself and are open to what others have to say.

I am glad I have made that very clear. I am open to what others have to say if they present their own information through a loving approach. When all someone else has to say is that I am delusional, arrogant, defensive, and other derogatory remarks, that are aimed to decrease value of that person or their views, then no, I tend to disassociate from such contributors. I believe in supporting a persons sense of self worth, not presenting words that are intended to rob them of it. Again I emphasis, I am open to those who share, but I am not open to those who ‘take’.

Yet, in your actual posts this does not appear to be true. Especially since you do non seem to want to respond directly towards the things that I have said to you.

I choose who and what to respond to. I respond to loving genuine respect and converse of equality. Your comments do not reveal equality, but inequality. You will not get your way with me young man.

In other words you wish to challenge me, but do not accept my challenge to you. How interesting. Do you not have the commitment, passion or love to do what I do upon this thread, or do you simply not like to be challenged? If you are so insistent that i am wrong, and you must be right, then please dedicate your time to these beautiful individuals and show us all your true wisdom.

-Sparrow

Old 01-05-2012, 12:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Dear Sparrow,

I agree with Justin, on "the majority of people are here to seek your answers " ! I am one of those people who truly appreciate the time and effort you put in to answer the questions asked of you,and in such detail. Even if I don't always have a question to ask, I do read the other questions and I always learn something I didn't know before.

with love & appreciation
Dream Angel xx
I thank you and receive your praise in my efforts and dedication, as I thank Tiss and Justin for theirs in equal acknowledgement.

It is however a belief system I observe in the minds of various individuals who read the words on these pages that this thread is about ‘Sparrow’. This thread was never about me, and never shall be. The simple fact that nobody else has chosen to commit themselves to giving of themselves in equal standard and service compels me to continue as I have been.

I have no negative dislike for the user who calls himself Sozerius, and when it is that someone steps forward claiming I cannot possibly know the answers because I am not this, that or the other, then the best way to deal with such individuals is to give them the spotlight they seek. In this way their true nature, intention and dedication is revealed to everybody.

One does not challenge Spirit Guide Sparrow and get off easy

Love always...
-Sparrow

Old 01-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Guide
Dear All,

In order to have clear the "big picture" about exchanges with Sozerius I took for myself the task of re-reading and summarizing all involved posts. I did it because I wanted to see if there is anything that I could take with me from this experience. Here we go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozerius
Initial post to Sparrow

"Hm. I agree with the loving context of your messages.

Just, at times it appears that you try to take spiritual authority on matters which are in actuality human notions- and I find that to be misleading.

That is all. :)"

Only criticism, that's all. I felt particularly disrespected when he said that other being could mislead me..

2nd post to Sparrow
"I acknowledged the loving tone within your thread which I agree with.

If you have followed my posts then you know how I feel about my own 'spiritual authority' and the nature of it. Who would know how does he feel about his authority if he did not explain...?

I did not filter your words when casting my judgment on them- I saw specific messages which are based on human perceptions of a specific sort of idealism, relating to ascension. The spiritual authority you spoke with seems unwarranted." Statement based on his human perception, which is perfect, but it does not grant him any right to judge others'.

3rd post to Sparrow
"Again, as you seem to miss this with each response and instead choose to only focus on what I disapprove of- I agree with the loving tones and positive intent of your thread and never challenged that."

Empowerment comes in many forms.

I believe that I was perfectly fair in the way that I challenged your level of presented spiritual authority. I did not directly assault you- the words which I chose to use were based on a respect for what you do. I simply question the information that you seem to present as fact in accordance with ascension.

I agree that you have been on this forum, sharing your wisdom in this very thread (and other long ones) for quite a long time. I respect your desire to empower others."
Unfortunately, no constructive idea to share here, just words to destroy what others do.

4th Post to Sparrow
"You preface your entire thread by saying that the information you relate comes from no source other than you. Does this not always apply?

I only challenged your presented spiritual authority on the matter of ascension. This is a topic which no human can have personal knowledge of- only the spirits who have ascended can inform a human who has not ascended about the nature of it.

The effect that your words have on others would have little bearing on the factual nature of them."
The same pattern...

5th Post to Sparrow
"Concerning the above quotations from me.. in this case the right tool to knowing such a thing would be receiving insight from an ascended spirit. Nothing contradictory about that.

Someone who has not ascended is someone who would not have knowledge of ascension (without being informed by someone who is ascended). It is that simple. Anyone can ascend.

The only spiritual authority I claim to have is based on information I have received from my spirit guide. I did base my insight on logic and intuition alone once in my life, and I find that a spirit guide definately helps in making sure that my understanding does not stray into areas of misunderstanding or delusion.
It also offers an avenue of information that would not normally be readily available.

I am addressing you, not someone else."
So... he receives information from his spirit guide, but it seems to be an exclusive privilege not open to other beings, isn't it amazing...?

6th post to Sparrow
"You are human."
No comment.

7th post, reply to TISS
"If you review Sparrow's last couple of posts regarding himself, I think you will find a hint of arrogance in that as well. But again, as you clarified regarding my own posts, such things can be viewed in multiple ways.
In certain way he recognises that he has been arrogant.

Regarding the definitions that you brought up.. When I speak of 'spiritual authority' I am referring to information, not people. Someone who has not ascended does not have the right to determine the nature of ascension.
One idea at last in the middle of such tough criticism, however it could not shine because of the mood...it could have been a valid point for discussion...sigh.

I have known so many people who were accepted as being (basically) avatars of truth based on their followings(over the years) that I do not regard that to be reliable. It wouldn't matter either way anyways- as his information clearly conflicts with truth which I have received from my spirit guide-- who is an actual spirit guide, not a human.

I brought this topic up in an entirely conversational tone. Does Sparrow think that any challenge to something that he has said is a negative thing?"
A couple of valid points very but again expressed with anger.

8th post to Sparrow
"Another human who knows what humanity is. And you are most certainly a part of it.

Regardless of that.. my own spirit guide has, many times over in the past, affirmed that humans(those who inhabit human bodies) who believe that they have a soul which has some sort of special "species" identification(other than human) are delusional."
Spirit guides never judge or criticise others... they are just loving helpers...at least I believe that.

9th post to Sparrow
"As I said before- there are many different forms of empowerment.

If you insist that your soul is of a specific "species" that separates you from the rest of humanity.. then yes, you are delusional concerning that. But delusion is common in the spiritual community, it is not really disempowering for one to have the opportunity to realize it.

It is arrogant to pose oneself as a superior source of information when compared to an actual spirit guide. Just because you trust yourself.. does not mean that you know all that you believe to.

When I came into this thread, challenging a very specific thing that you stated in a very respectful way.. you responded defensively from the beginning, rather than openly. You did not explain anything regarding the actuality of why you felt defensive except to the point of dismissal and to shoo me away. This is a sign of arrogance and ignorance. Your further belief that you are a spirit guide while still being a human being is marked delusion.

Again, empowerment comes in many forms. Additionally, it is not empowering to support delusion.

It is not arrogant for me to tell you that you are human. We all are."
I found this unfortunate post particularly disrespectful.

10th post, 2nd reply to TISS
"Spirituality has never been about what feels 'good'- for me. It is about truth.

If the truth happens to feel good, then that is wonderful. And often times it does.

But when it feels bad.. sometimes working through it is the best thing to do.

It is because of this that I do not use the very popular "resonate" method of choosing what I follow. It seems to lead people towards what makes them feel best rather than what may actually be.

That may be absolutely fine for some- those who genuinely want to feel good over knowing the truth. I am the opposite of that. I would rather know the truth than use spirituality to make myself feel good.

Also-- I saw that he did say things in his OP about being open-ended. Yet his responses to me don't seem to follow that."

This goes to me... no comment.

11th post, 3rd reply to TISS
"Truth and 'feel good' are neither synonyms or antonyms to me. Following and finding the truth can cause both good feelings, as well as pain depending on where a person is in life and what truth is revealed to that person.

The idea of 'your truth' and 'my truth' is not actually 'truth'. A better word to replace truth in that instance would be perception.

I am adamant that my spirit guide relays only truth.. objectively."

So his guide is the only source of objective truth...GOOD FOR HIM! I decided to stop here...it was not the way I want to talk.

12th post to Sparrow
"Why would I answer questions directed specifically at you?

I am not subject to ultimatums made by you."
You have shared here no information, just criticism, no idea to discuss, nothing...

My conclusion, dear Sozerius is that you have been far from love and also, far from truth, and far from justice, while you wrote all the posts above. I deeply felt it.

This particular thread is based on loving exchanges. There is of course a big room for respectful disagreement, but not for personal judgement, rigid thoughts, envy, or contained rage. You have poured here just destructive criticism. It is a pity...

Now I am sure that I am not being unfair if I tell my companions here that I could not get much from this negative exchange, I could not find much to learn, nor any articulated idea to discuss... I could only reaffirm my deep support and appreciation to Sparrow and his wisdom.

Thanks for reading.

Blessings,
TISS
Old 01-05-2012, 02:52 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow

My point exactly. Since such questions are directed to me do not presume to step in and correct me with your own, or should I say someone else’s belief systems. If you actually respected my intention for creating this thread you would not then purposely seek to devalue my words in replace of your own. Even if you disagreed with my words you would wish, within a loving intent, to simply contribute your own wisdom in addition to my own, rather than seek to devalue them simply because you think differently. Having knowledge is one thing, using knowledge through love is another.

Any beliefs I have shared have been within the context of responding to what you have said, in a relevant manner.

Telling someone they are wrong as you are right is not sharing, it is ‘taking’.

I have not simply shared random information that would not be appropriate. :P

You are right, you have not shared. Sharing comes from love. What would be appropriate would be to say, I understand this or that question was not posed to me, and I understand I may have a different perspective on this matter, but please allow me to contribute my own beliefs as follows…

Instead, you simply express…you are misleading people, you are deluded, actually this is how it really is…

See the difference in loving intent?

-That in and of itself would not be appropriate in the general beliefs forum.

Anything that is a belief is appropriate in the general beliefs section. Therefore your words would be quite appropriate there. Unless you are claiming your words are not beliefs.

It seems I do however need to tell you how to do so within a loving intention, and not an egotistical one.
I thouroughly relish in others contributions, and it is my intent that others share their wisdom within this community. For it is my wish and intent to bring people together in love and friendship. Your words present to function to cause separation and fragmentation between members. My words seek to bring them together and make them equal. Who is more likely to make friendships, build trust, mutual respect and understanding with others? One who seeks to correct people and tell them they are wrong or deluded, and he or she is right. Or one who believes it matters not who is right or wrong, that information speaks for itself, and its value and application remains an individual experience within those who come to read such words?.

I understand that you seem to need to feel in control of what happens in this thread.

You understand? Really? Or you presume to?
If I truly felt a need to be in control I would not have asked you to take over this committed intention of service. I dedicate every minute of spare time I have to bring clarity to peoples lives; the dedication and commitment I bring to such threads, purely for others benefit, are unparallel to anything you currently offer. I have no attachment to this thread or in fact this internet forum. The only intention to be present is to be of service. If you truly saw with eyes of love and of the purest intention, if you intuitively connected to the energy behind my words, this would be as transparent as others who perceive this.

And, for that reason, you have not addressed any of the concerns that I have brought up to you.

You have expressed no concerns, only challenges of opinion. I respond to genuine respectful questions that are asked out of a desire to appreciate my view of life, not to simply criticize. I have no interest in your challenges. Simply because I do not need to defend the information I present in service. You would seek me to respond to your challenges, or should I say, your insistence to appose, and impose your own beliefs, but I do not play such power games. I am not here to debate or defend my words, or to disprove anyone else’s, simply because I have the wisdom to understand that each individual will choose whether or not it is valid to their own life, and whether such information is of value to them. I need not place value on my own words, that is a task I leave for the people whose lives I touch. I am fully conscious and readily aware of such lives and how many lives I touch, and within this blessed knowledge, I have but to sit back and allow my information to simply speak for itself. I do not need to speak in its favour, or in the disfavour of another’s such as yourself.

Though- you make it very clear in your OP that you are sharing of yourself and are open to what others have to say.

I am glad I have made that very clear. I am open to what others have to say if they present their own information through a loving approach. When all someone else has to say is that I am delusional, arrogant, defensive, and other derogatory remarks, that are aimed to decrease value of that person or their views, then no, I tend to disassociate from such contributors. I believe in supporting a persons sense of self worth, not presenting words that are intended to rob them of it. Again I emphasis, I am open to those who share, but I am not open to those who ‘take’.

Yet, in your actual posts this does not appear to be true. Especially since you do non seem to want to respond directly towards the things that I have said to you.

I choose who and what to respond to. I respond to loving genuine respect and converse of equality. Your comments do not reveal equality, but inequality. You will not get your way with me young man.

In other words you wish to challenge me, but do not accept my challenge to you. How interesting. Do you not have the commitment, passion or love to do what I do upon this thread, or do you simply not like to be challenged? If you are so insistent that i am wrong, and you must be right, then please dedicate your time to these beautiful individuals and show us all your true wisdom.

-Sparrow

We are going in circles.

How about this:
My intention was never to bring derogatory remarks up in this discussion. I challenged a belief- but I had not yet, at that time, challenged you.
The further judgments revealed are of consequence to the interactions that we have had thus far.

I retain some of those judgments.. but I still think that in light of them, your positive contributions/intents are heavier on the balance scale. Within this light.. I would prefer that rather than having an argument, I will simply contribute what I know of what I took issue with, and ask that you hear me out with consideration towards what I am going to say.

I have posed a great many questions in the past to both my spirit guide and spirit guardian- and the answers which I have received indicate that there is a heirarchy that closely resembles a ranking system which is based on what a spirit has done.

When a spirit completes purposes as related to it's role, then it gets closer to advancing to the next 'rank'- though rank is not the best way to put it. However, it makes it easier to understand.

Human beings are, in a similar light, the height of physical-spiritual evolution on earth. A soul that can inhabit a human body is just one step away(relatively) from "ascension" to being a fully developed spirit. Physical life is used in order to help spirits evolve the awareness. Once the purpose for that development is complete, then a spirit no longer needs to rely on physical life- this is what is known as 'ascension' as one may be removed from the reincarnation cycle. After this, there is a spiritual structure in place. The very first "rank" is the role of being a watcher- watchers are meant to watch and simply learn. They must grow into being familiar with existing only as spirits. After watchers are sprites- this is basically the toddler stage of spirits- in that spirits are testing out their abilities. Sprites are usually known to move peoples keys and other harmless mischief. After one has proven that they won't misuse their ability as a sprite, they are trusted with a bit more power and a purpose- this is the level of spirit guide. A spirit guide will get one or more people to guide towards specific life purposes. These purposes can last as long as a lifetime or even multiple lifetimes, or much shorter. Guides usually stick with people that they are familiar with because of the connection, though not always. There are other roles parrallel to these and beyond them.

I will add one more thing- once a spirit 'ascends', my spirit guide mentioned that 'the truth' is revealed to that spirit. He hasn't been able to inform me fully on this topic as he said many things are meant to be learned through experience and are not meant to be revealed during life. But, once the 'truth' is revealed, all past lies and illusions (etc) are revealed to be what they are for that spirit. And, I don't know what is revealed on top of that.. :P