Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-06-2017, 04:41 AM
Master
Yin Yang

Is Yin Yang the principle of the negative/female and positive/male being balanced, or eternally seeking balance and sometimes succeeding?

How does Yin Yang relate to oneness or the Dao exactly?
Old 05-06-2017, 05:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Is Yin Yang the principle of the negative/female and positive/male being balanced, or eternally seeking balance and sometimes succeeding?

How does Yin Yang relate to oneness or the Dao exactly?

One Yin and one Yang is the Tao, the Tao determines itself as one ( oneness ) then it gives birth to two which is Yin/Yang. Together they regulate the functions of the cosmos.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Is Yin Yang the principle of the negative/female and positive/male
Think of it rather as the human processes of reflective movement (inward directed; thought) and active movement (outward directed; activity).

Positive/negative are terms people tend to misinterpret as good and bad, preferable and not preferable. That's how we end up with beliefs about souls going to hell and people being punished for their bad karma.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Master
It is to show that the forces of the universe are in total balance and yet, there are no absolutes.

Ever wonder why there is a tiny dot of Yin in the Yang and vice versa?
Old 05-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Master
The Tao in you....

When people see things as beautiful,
ugliness is created.
When people see things as good,
evil is created.

Being and non-being produce each other.
Difficult and easy complement each other.
Long and short define each other.
High and low oppose each other.
Fore and aft follow each other.

Therefore the Master
can act without doing anything
and teach without saying a word.
Things come her way and she does not stop them;
things leave and she lets them go.
She has without possessing,
and acts without any expectations.
When her work is done, she takes no credit.
That is why it will last forever.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
When people see things as beautiful,
ugliness is created.
When people see things as good,
evil is created.
Took me shaking my head "What?!" and reading that twice, before I got it.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Took me shaking my head "What?!" and reading that twice, before I got it.

Yes some of his teachings do my head in, I need to read them more than twice before the penny drops, so your way above me but then you wouldn't be above if I wasn't below

I enjoy his teachings but some do take time before I understand them and the more I try to understand the more confused I become, I have realized it's best to just move on to the next page and let things be.....
Old 05-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Master
Hello,

Looking at the yin/yang symbol what I see is differences and or/opposites co-existing with in the whole.

Each though has a little bit of the other with in it.

So, what this brings to me is that each side supports the other ( when in balance) and each side may influence the other. In the whole scope of it all both are occurring with in Life itself.

Example that come to mind; a tree dies and falls over. The dead tree now supports other life forms that may feed on it, make a home, and eventually it decays into feeding other plants and adding to the forests floor.

So, there is the death of a tree, that supports the life to others, and eventually blends back into the whole of the forest to blend with the life of the forest.

Nothing is opposing the other, just being what it is and each supporting and influencing each through the process of life and being (wholeness)
Old 05-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes some of his teachings do my head in, I need to read them more than twice before the penny drops, so your way above me but then you wouldn't be above if I wasn't below

I enjoy his teachings but some do take time before I understand them and the more I try to understand the more confused I become, I have realized it's best to just move on to the next page and let things be.....
A wise teacher told me years ago that groups like Greenpeace cause as much environmental havoc, as corporations that damage and destroy the environment. It took me a long while to understand what he was getting at. It's the same principle you spoke of.

I've been having the same sort of discussion off and on in the health forum regarding animal activists. But the consciousness of our time is very popularizing: this is right and that is wrong. People do not see that by putting out polarized havoc energy, even for supposedly good and proper causes, they are adding to the havoc.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Looking at the yin/yang symbol what I see is differences and or/opposites co-existing with in the whole.

Each though has a little bit of the other with in it.

So, what this brings to me is that each side supports the other ( when in balance) and each side may influence the other. In the whole scope of it all both are occurring with in Life itself.

Example that come to mind; a tree dies and falls over. The dead tree now supports other life forms that may feed on it, make a home, and eventually it decays into feeding other plants and adding to the forests floor.

So, there is the death of a tree, that supports the life to others, and eventually blends back into the whole of the forest to blend with the life of the forest.

Nothing is opposing the other, just being what it is and each supporting and influencing each through the process of life and being (wholeness)

Really there is no death of anything, just transformation. Everything returns to the Tao and then is recycled again.