Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 31-05-2017, 10:31 AM
Guide
Forfeit a longtime dream/project?

Ive been working on something for years, but its brought great loss. It is something that ppl are proud of for me because it achieved immediate success in the beginning, but maybe it was just luck. And nothing has happened since then. It taught me a lot. But nothing truly positive has come from it in years

I've always believed in it dispite many similar projects made by others, some successful, many not. It felt like fate in the sense that i spontaniously created it from experience and it saw recognition when it was raw. Its totally refined now but hasnt made it further in terms of success.

Im currently planning to take it a new step. Its a very long shot and i dont know if i should spend another great deal of time/money with just a hope, prayer, and a plan. It seems like every year i get a new grand plan for it.

Have i been hanging on it for too long? Is it wasting my time and money? Is a dream worth this much effort?
Old 31-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Master
Brucely, you're 25. You've got about 50 more years of trying and failing before you don't have the energy and/or interest anymore. Go for it brother.
Old 31-05-2017, 11:25 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Brucely, you're 25. You've got about 50 more years of trying and failing before you don't have the energy and/or interest anymore. Go for it brother.

Lol no, this will be my last effort on this. Dont know where i'll go after, but i've seen too many ppl that spent their life on a project that never saw success
Old 31-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
Lol no, this will be my last effort on this. Dont know where i'll go after, but i've seen too many ppl that spent their life on a project that never saw success
Okay your choice... so then why this thread, asking people for advice on whether you're wasting your time or should continue? You already made up your mind. Whatever you do in life, it's always a combination of successes and failures. Failure leads to understanding and growth, just as success does. One isn't better than the other in that regard.
Old 31-05-2017, 11:47 AM
Lorelyen

You haven't mentioned what it actually is so I'll take it as an abstract. I "sort-of" know what you mean because my aim since the age of about 24 has been to freelance. I've been adequately successful but less sure about staying in this line in future. I've made no decisions yet. I come out at a profit - nothing vast but enough. I certainly wouldn't go back to formal employment so it may mean acquiring new skills.

I tend to agree with Baile. If you can afford it without reducing your standard of living and have time; if you still feel the initial impetus and enthusiasm, give it at least another go.

You know the saying "if at first you fail, try and try again?" I go along with that to a limited extent. There comes a point where you may have to say "Enough !"

Bests...

Old 31-05-2017, 12:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I tend to agree with Baile. If you can afford it without reducing your standard of living and have time; if you still feel the initial impetus and enthusiasm, give it at least another go.
Just to clarify: I wasn't suggesting he keep at it for another 50 years. I was saying we have many decades of life to experience all types of success and failure. A few unsuccessful attempts at doing something in your 20s is no great deal in the larger scope of things. Be crazy when you're young! And be crazy when you're older... just be careful not to strain anything.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Ive been working on something for years, but its brought great loss. It is something that ppl are proud of for me because it achieved immediate success in the beginning, but maybe it was just luck. And nothing has happened since then. It taught me a lot. But nothing truly positive has come from it in years

I've always believed in it dispite many similar projects made by others, some successful, many not. It felt like fate in the sense that i spontaniously created it from experience and it saw recognition when it was raw. Its totally refined now but hasnt made it further in terms of success.

Im currently planning to take it a new step. Its a very long shot and i dont know if i should spend another great deal of time/money with just a hope, prayer, and a plan. It seems like every year i get a new grand plan for it.

Have i been hanging on it for too long? Is it wasting my time and money? Is a dream worth this much effort?

I've all but given up on mine... I had a choice, spend time trying to 'sell' it to others or just not get anywhere. I don't like being a salesperson, so... it wasn't worth it.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I've all but given up on mine... I had a choice, spend time trying to 'sell' it to others or just not get anywhere. I don't like being a salesperson, so... it wasn't worth it.

Theres so many contradicting motivational quotes, should we step out of our comfort zone or take the path with least resistance and go with the flow?
Old 02-06-2017, 01:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Theres so many contradicting motivational quotes, should we step out of our comfort zone or take the path with least resistance and go with the flow?

i hate to be trite, but, we give away a lot of our power by asking others to make our decisions for us... it seems like the thing to do, but, I dunno.

I told you what I thought of my situation, don't know you well enough to know yours... thing is, in the end you can't really depend on getting the result you want from other people, they will do what they want... so, part of it is when you aren't sure what is going on, well are you willing to take the journey even if you don't have a guarantee as to whether your goal will be fulfilled? Or even worse suspect that it won't? Is the journey itself worthy of your time? Or some aspect of the risk/reward ratio appealing in trying to achieve your goal? Or something else about the situation appeals?

Or would you really rather just spend your days doing something else, even if you don't know what that is offhand? Sometimes, it can be very satisfying to say 'i give up, I don't want this'. But it depends on your mood I guess...

It comes down to what your values are, really... and we can't tell you what to value, that is something that is yours and yours alone.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:19 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i hate to be trite, but, we give away a lot of our power by asking others to make our decisions for us... it seems like the thing to do, but, I dunno.

I told you what I thought of my situation, don't know you well enough to know yours... thing is, in the end you can't really depend on getting the result you want from other people, they will do what they want... so, part of it is when you aren't sure what is going on, well are you willing to take the journey even if you don't have a guarantee as to whether your goal will be fulfilled? Or even worse suspect that it won't? Is the journey itself worthy of your time? Or some aspect of the risk/reward ratio appealing in trying to achieve your goal? Or something else about the situation appeals?

Or would you really rather just spend your days doing something else, even if you don't know what that is offhand? Sometimes, it can be very satisfying to say 'i give up, I don't want this'. But it depends on your mood I guess...

It comes down to what your values are, really... and we can't tell you what to value, that is something that is yours and yours alone.

I sense u felt a bit down when u posted that

Well, tbh i am depending on other ppl this time. Soon it will be the community's decision. Im making a crowdfunding campaign for it. Im putting it all out there hoping word spreads and i gotta say i like it so far. It feels like i should have done this in the first place