Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 07-10-2014, 06:01 AM
Experiencer
Astral Projecting Presence

So, for quite some time there has been a presence in my living room. This presence always seems to be felt anywhere from 11:00p.m.-3:00a.m. I always brushed it off as a male spirit who just seemed to like to linger around the living room and hallway areas. This has been going on for at least 3 years if not more. There are times when my neices and nephews spend the night and they want me to sleep in the living room with them. I feel uncomfortable feeling this presence and i'm not sure why. This presence doesnt feel malicious or anything. I suppose it's just foreign? Wouldn't make sence considering its been around 3 years and I should be use to it by now. Anyways, my problem is recent advents. Up untill now I believed it to be a spirit but that idea has slowly turned into someone APing to me. Last month I slept in the living room and weird popping noises kept wakeing me up. I know how my house sounds when it settles and it is a loud pop which was this noise. However, when the house settles, the popping noise only happens once. This popping that was keeping me awake happened everytime I hit the between awake and sleep state. I finally got tired of it happening that I angrily told whoever it was to stop. Again, I drifted off and again, the loud pop. I got testy and angrily treated this entity like a child telling it, "what did I just tell you?!?" Instantly I heard a male voice apologize to me and even said my name! The voice didnt sound familiar and it really caught me off guard. Again, this entity does not feel malicious and his aplogy actually felt very sicere but for some reason it still really unerved me. a couple weeks later I'm sleeping in the living room again. I here and feel things but nothing too prominent. I know its him again. Suddenly I get this idea that he is an APer. First off I dont get the feeling he is dead, secondly, as soon as I thought this the activity was heightened. It was almost as if he was confirming it. The thing is is after that night I have not strongly felt him anymore (its been at least a week) I still feel him just not as prominent and not as uncomfutable.

I mainly wanted to get all of this out there and ask if this is something that is legit. Could someone be APing to me? But for 3 years? that takes dedication. But, he also doesnt feel dead. What could it be?
Old 07-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Master

We all go out of body during deep sleep , most dont remember . I guess it could be a living person in there astral body . My guess would more of a ghost , or other being . You could try asking some questions , like who are you , where are you from , do you think you are alive , ect. If this is a ghost you could get him to go to the light , astral garden , ect.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:27 PM
DayLight1555

Spirits are alive, they are living beings. So how would a spirit "feel dead" to you?

what comes to mind:

It could be someone you know (but don't remember) who is watching over you (I heard before that they are with us, we just can't sense them). And the reason you feel uneasy is because your brain is assigning this feeling to the situation (not necessarily because you SHOULD feel uneasy). But sometimes when the brain cannot process the feelings or a situation accurately, it may assign something that is confusing on a conscious level. Like "uneasy" maybe it's confusion on the part of your brain, mixed in with something else. (And you don't know anything consciously, but your subconscious knows much more and is producing this feeling based on information it has, which you consciously don't know)

It could be you are "seeing" or "hearing" with your spiritual eyes (non -physical) so it's not actually in your house, but in another location to which your mind is linking to. (Like mediums hear spirits who talk to them)

When people hear or see something (spiritually) they assume that it's in the physical location next to them. But you could see with your mind's eye into other locations. So it doesn't have to be "next to you" in a physical sense.

if you hear a popping sound, how could you know whether you hear it with your physical ears or spiritual unless someone else confirms that they also heard it (and if that someone can't sense spiritual things)
Old 08-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Imber
So, for quite some time there has been a presence in my living room. This presence always seems to be felt anywhere from 11:00p.m.-3:00a.m. I always brushed it off as a male spirit who just seemed to like to linger around the living room and hallway areas. This has been going on for at least 3 years if not more. There are times when my neices and nephews spend the night and they want me to sleep in the living room with them. I feel uncomfortable feeling this presence and i'm not sure why. This presence doesnt feel malicious or anything. I suppose it's just foreign? Wouldn't make sence considering its been around 3 years and I should be use to it by now. Anyways, my problem is recent advents. Up untill now I believed it to be a spirit but that idea has slowly turned into someone APing to me. Last month I slept in the living room and weird popping noises kept wakeing me up. I know how my house sounds when it settles and it is a loud pop which was this noise. However, when the house settles, the popping noise only happens once. This popping that was keeping me awake happened everytime I hit the between awake and sleep state. I finally got tired of it happening that I angrily told whoever it was to stop. Again, I drifted off and again, the loud pop. I got testy and angrily treated this entity like a child telling it, "what did I just tell you?!?" Instantly I heard a male voice apologize to me and even said my name! The voice didnt sound familiar and it really caught me off guard. Again, this entity does not feel malicious and his aplogy actually felt very sicere but for some reason it still really unerved me. a couple weeks later I'm sleeping in the living room again. I here and feel things but nothing too prominent. I know its him again. Suddenly I get this idea that he is an APer. First off I dont get the feeling he is dead, secondly, as soon as I thought this the activity was heightened. It was almost as if he was confirming it. The thing is is after that night I have not strongly felt him anymore (its been at least a week) I still feel him just not as prominent and not as uncomfutable.

I mainly wanted to get all of this out there and ask if this is something that is legit. Could someone be APing to me? But for 3 years? that takes dedication. But, he also doesnt feel dead. What could it be?
The being you're encountering doesn't exist in the physical dimension and for it to be doing this popping sound means it is likely existing in a parallel dimension overlapping the physical dimension, one like the RTZ. With that said in the RTZ your house can very well exist in that dimension BUT completely other beings can live there, beings that have absolutely nothing to do with you. A boatload of other beings are always there at my Grandmother's house which is one of the most common places I project into when I project into the RTZ. Some of the beings are just visitors in the house and some of them live there and I see regularly. Still when I project into that space sometimes I get that weird eerie gut-churning feeling that in most people would cause fear, at this point it doesn't to me though. Actually it happened last night and the reason behind it is in these dimensions weird things can happen (sometimes more weird since they are foreign to us) like the physical dimension. Beings will come into the house while invisible and try and scare others and so forth. Sometimes it's a scary image, sometimes sounds, sometimes feeling something grab or attack you, and so forth. It might be the guy you're encountering or it might not be honestly. There is a completely other side of this that would take a bit of explanation but I'll try and do it in a sentence. When we dream and project we dream or project into a body, a body that already exists in another dimension. So when you're seeing and talking to this being you're dreaming/projecting into a body and since it is consistently happening in the same dimension and location in that dimension means it is likely the body of a being that lives in that house as well. Meaning that the guy you're encountering knows the body you're dreaming/projecting into and knows that you can go into that body and has setup some way to identify when it is you. It seems like he has found out a perfect way to find out if it is "you" which is that popping sound!

So what I'm saying is it is likely this being you're encountering lives in your house in an alternate dimension. You described the ideal situation for someone to experience these alternate dimensions and beings. When they are first falling asleep and/or about to wake up, that "in between" phase between awake and deep sleep is when our "astral" senses are strongest. The chances of this being another astral projector even one time are astronomical, for it to be an astral projector more than one time is taking it into the realm of impossibility almost. Something that a lot of people don't understand is that the beings in these other dimensions are not "dead." We can dream and project into many different realms, dimensions, and worlds. A lot of them are parallel dimensions to our physical dimension and in almost every single one of them I have experienced (I have experienced more than I can count) beings are not "dead." They might not be living in the same sense as we consider living in this physical high-density dimension on Earth, but they are certainly not dead. They are living lives just like we live lives in the physical dimension that include friends, family, partners, pets, jobs, hobbies, and so forth. Some of these beings have never lived in our dimension and some have. Unfortunately we only classify our specific dimension as "living" and everything I have learned and experienced has taught me that is a wrong assumption. There are countless dimensions overlapping the dimensions we know and exist in and in many of them beings are living very similar to the way we live in this dimension. I hope this clears some things up for you!
Old 12-10-2014, 06:46 PM
KevinO

Reason with it. Say it's presence is interfering with your having a happy life, that there are lots of other places to go, and why not go to one of them.
An option that has worked for me when a spirit was bothering a neighbor toddler for a few weeks and would not leave (I could hear her crying through the wall) was to say the above and offer the spirit to enter me. That has done the trick a couple times. It was a little uncomfortable when one stuck around longer that I would have liked, but it left. The crying stopped.
Old 13-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
We all go out of body during deep sleep , most dont remember . I guess it could be a living person in there astral body . My guess would more of a ghost , or other being . You could try asking some questions , like who are you , where are you from , do you think you are alive , ect. If this is a ghost you could get him to go to the light , astral garden , ect.

Thank you for the advice desert rat. My problem now is that after actually thinking that he may be an APer the uncomfortable feelings and noises stopped. It was almost like I caught him in the act and now hes taking a break or laying low. That or he may be happy that I finally acknowledged him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555
Spirits are alive, they are living beings. So how would a spirit "feel dead" to you?

what comes to mind:

It could be someone you know (but don't remember) who is watching over you (I heard before that they are with us, we just can't sense them). And the reason you feel uneasy is because your brain is assigning this feeling to the situation (not necessarily because you SHOULD feel uneasy). But sometimes when the brain cannot process the feelings or a situation accurately, it may assign something that is confusing on a conscious level. Like "uneasy" maybe it's confusion on the part of your brain, mixed in with something else. (And you don't know anything consciously, but your subconscious knows much more and is producing this feeling based on information it has, which you consciously don't know)

It could be you are "seeing" or "hearing" with your spiritual eyes (non -physical) so it's not actually in your house, but in another location to which your mind is linking to. (Like mediums hear spirits who talk to them)

When people hear or see something (spiritually) they assume that it's in the physical location next to them. But you could see with your mind's eye into other locations. So it doesn't have to be "next to you" in a physical sense.

if you hear a popping sound, how could you know whether you hear it with your physical ears or spiritual unless someone else confirms that they also heard it (and if that someone can't sense spiritual things)

DayLight,

Maybe I should have elaborated a bit. What I meant by dead is in the sense of the human body being dead - not the spirit. This presence that I felt had a feeling of a human body. Now, whether it was just the feeling the spirit wanted to give me or it really was a human who is APing - I have no clue. I can only tell you what I felt.

What came to mind for you does make allot of sense. My theory on who it could be recently is someone that you described very well (I knew them but don't remember them.) What I have been experiencing lately (unrelated to this topic) really ties into it. That would also explain why this presence knew my name. Not even my full name that my family calls me by but my abbreviated name that only my friends call me by. This is one of the reasons why I don't think it's someone from an alternate reality like the others on this thread have mentioned - unless there is someone in an alternate reality who has really taken a liken to me and tries to grab my attention every night - I will get a little bit more into that a bit later. I agree on the uneasy feeling and why I'm feeling it. I know why I'm feeling uneasy I just thought I would be use to it by now and I'm not quit sure how to fix it. If you have any tips on that I would greatly appreciate it. It's something that I have actually been trying to get over lately considering I am somewhat of a medium and all my life I tried to just ignore these uneasy feelings. Yeah, that's not working! lol.

No, I know that the popping sound was spiritual/otherworldly and yes I did have a witness. I probably should have mentioned that I was born and raised in this house. I never moved here. This house was actually built by my uncle before I was ever born. I also should have mentioned that I have been able to sense spirits ever since I could remember. Granted, I didn't understand it when I was a child and I didn't start to hone my abilities until 7 years ago but this is something I have never experienced and something I did not recognize on a spiritual level. I know this house inside and out as I myself have remodeled bits and pieces of it. I know every creak, pop, crack that this house makes and what I experienced that night was not of the norm for this house. Once I got testy with this presence and he replied with an apology and my name I asked my boyfriend (who was also in the room) if the house had made it's normal settling noise (a noise that does not happen right after the other 5 consecutive times but once every hour or so) or if he heard a male voice. He confirmed that he did not hear either one. Now, unless he was really not paying attention I have no reason to not believe him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
The being you're encountering doesn't exist in the physical dimension and for it to be doing this popping sound means it is likely existing in a parallel dimension overlapping the physical dimension, one like the RTZ. With that said in the RTZ your house can very well exist in that dimension BUT completely other beings can live there, beings that have absolutely nothing to do with you. A boatload of other beings are always there at my Grandmother's house which is one of the most common places I project into when I project into the RTZ. Some of the beings are just visitors in the house and some of them live there and I see regularly. Still when I project into that space sometimes I get that weird eerie gut-churning feeling that in most people would cause fear, at this point it doesn't to me though. Actually it happened last night and the reason behind it is in these dimensions weird things can happen (sometimes more weird since they are foreign to us) like the physical dimension. Beings will come into the house while invisible and try and scare others and so forth. Sometimes it's a scary image, sometimes sounds, sometimes feeling something grab or attack you, and so forth. It might be the guy you're encountering or it might not be honestly. There is a completely other side of this that would take a bit of explanation but I'll try and do it in a sentence. When we dream and project we dream or project into a body, a body that already exists in another dimension. So when you're seeing and talking to this being you're dreaming/projecting into a body and since it is consistently happening in the same dimension and location in that dimension means it is likely the body of a being that lives in that house as well. Meaning that the guy you're encountering knows the body you're dreaming/projecting into and knows that you can go into that body and has setup some way to identify when it is you. It seems like he has found out a perfect way to find out if it is "you" which is that popping sound!

So what I'm saying is it is likely this being you're encountering lives in your house in an alternate dimension. You described the ideal situation for someone to experience these alternate dimensions and beings. When they are first falling asleep and/or about to wake up, that "in between" phase between awake and deep sleep is when our "astral" senses are strongest. The chances of this being another astral projector even one time are astronomical, for it to be an astral projector more than one time is taking it into the realm of impossibility almost. Something that a lot of people don't understand is that the beings in these other dimensions are not "dead." We can dream and project into many different realms, dimensions, and worlds. A lot of them are parallel dimensions to our physical dimension and in almost every single one of them I have experienced (I have experienced more than I can count) beings are not "dead." They might not be living in the same sense as we consider living in this physical high-density dimension on Earth, but they are certainly not dead. They are living lives just like we live lives in the physical dimension that include friends, family, partners, pets, jobs, hobbies, and so forth. Some of these beings have never lived in our dimension and some have. Unfortunately we only classify our specific dimension as "living" and everything I have learned and experienced has taught me that is a wrong assumption. There are countless dimensions overlapping the dimensions we know and exist in and in many of them beings are living very similar to the way we live in this dimension. I hope this clears some things up for you!

I really loved your suggestions on what it could be Astral! However, respectfully I would have to say that this is not what I believe this presence to be. I do believe there are parallel dimensions and that we often confuse spirit with a very much alive human or being in another reality but this just didn't quite feel like that. Again, I probably should have elaborated a bit. I was not asleep through any of these experiences. Yes, when the popping noises happened I was drifting off but each time the popping happened it startled me wide awake. I was also wide awake when I got angry at him and fussed at him. I was also wide awake when I heard his reply - not asleep.

Also, besides the popping time I was never falling asleep when I noticed this guy. When I say I felt him in the living room and hallway over 3 years it was not when I was asleep. I do sleep in my room every night. The only time I sleep in the living room is on special occasions and it's not something I often do. I never feel this presence when I'm asleep in my room (I think that's my fault considering I have mentally blocked anything spiritual to enter that room) What I'm getting at is I always feel him when I'm awake. I feel him every night when I'm feeding my animals, every time I go to the bathroom, every time when I'm up and walking around. It's never while I'm sleeping. That's not to say this presence is not someone in an alternate reality because I know alternate realities are not only felt through sleep - the "in between" phase. I'm just saying that having some medium abilities does let me know what I'm feeling or not feeling. Again, that's not to say you are completely wrong and I'm right or I'm completely wrong and your right. It's just right now (because of what I'm feeling) I'm confused on who this entity could possibly be.

Also, I'm a bit confused on this sentence:

Quote:
The chances of this being another astral projector even one time are astronomical, for it to be an astral projector more than one time is taking it into the realm of impossibility almost.

I agree, yes, someone APing to me every night for a consecutive 3 years is very hard to believe. That would take some dedication! That's why I'm confused on who or what this presence is considering it doesn't feel like a person from an alternate reality or a spirit. However, I have seen people post on this site about their APing adventures that happen almost nightly. Therefore APing nightly and accomplishing it wold not be an impossible feet that you seem to imply. Unless I'm doing it wrong I also do accomplish AP every time I attempt it. Granted I don't do it every night but that's not to say there isn't other people out there who do practice it every night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinO
Reason with it. Say it's presence is interfering with your having a happy life, that there are lots of other places to go, and why not go to one of them.
An option that has worked for me when a spirit was bothering a neighbor toddler for a few weeks and would not leave (I could hear her crying through the wall) was to say the above and offer the spirit to enter me. That has done the trick a couple times. It was a little uncomfortable when one stuck around longer that I would have liked, but it left. The crying stopped.

Again, wonderful advice! But, again, like I told desert rat, as soon as I acknowledged him, the feelings, and the noises, it all stopped. Maybe that's all he wanted was acknowledgement? Well, whatever it all was I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what all of this was about.
Old 13-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Master
Unfortunately more than the dedication it would take an immense skill-base and know how which truly makes it completely improbable. Even an extremely successful and skilled astral projector cannot control where they go consistently, more or less when you astral project you are a leaf being blown around by the wind and you end up where you end up. Some people believe that they can control where they go with their thoughts but all that is doing is changing their vibrations which may change the dimension they are "blown" into but it will not change their location in that dimension. For astral projectors there are no road maps and so it isn't possible for an astral projector to end up in the same place time after time unless that is the location that their projection starts in. I can guarantee that in this instance it is not an astral projector. Regardless of what you felt or what feelings you sent out there this being exists in a completely different dimension and the popping sounds happening at the exact moment you can sense them is not likely some random thing. The being knows you can sense them then and is doing it for a reason. Honestly I do think some people might have some medium abilities but most of it is just self-imposed beliefs to try and make sense out of something they don't quite understand and want to. Obviously I cannot tell you what you're feeling and so forth but that is my opinion. If you want to contact this being you should do so during an astral projection because that is when you can make tangible contact with them and have a real tangible conversation.
Old 15-10-2014, 12:34 AM
Experiencer
Again, I would have to disagree and it's only purely off of my own experiences. I'm not saying you are wrong at all I just think the case is different but that's only my opinion. In the end though, we all have agreed on one thing and that is to get in contact with this entity and figure out what it wants. However, like I've said, it seems to have stopped visiting? Should I just leave all of these experiences alone and wait for it to possibly start up again or should I go searching for it myself? Any advice is appreciated!