Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 10-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Seeker

Question What is a chakra?

I don't mean to sound ignorant, but what is a chakra?? In a lot of writings on spiritual enlightenment, you read about a chakra and I don't really know what that is. I'm kind of new to the whole subject of spirituality and I'm just curious. :)
Old 10-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Gracey

it is the endocrine system in our bodies, they(glands) are said to take in life's energy and each one serves a different purpose.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:38 PM
MYFIGO

I was practicing distant healing and kept hearing about chakras and how I should be balancing mine... but like you had no idea what they were or where they were. So I did some checking. There are many websites if you just google "balancing or clearing chakras" that are very helpful and give beautiful exercises to use.

I did as they suggested and could only imagine what I was doing. It was a far cry from the visions I had when I did healing. So each night before healing, I would balance my own chakras no matter how anxious I was to get on with my healing project. After about a week, to my surprise, if I only happened to "think" of the person I was going to heal, I would actually get a vision of their chakra!

I found the chakra can be any shape or size or color. If I try to imagine it as it should be... and cannot make it so in my imagination, then I know it needs attention. It took about 6 months before I was able to actually visualize my own chakras and then not all of them. So don't be discouraged. You don't have to be able to see them to effectively balance them.

The chakra energy centers as well as our physical and emotional state can show us the state of our being. Although a healing may make it better for a while, if we continue acting and believing as we always have, we will soon be feeling the same as before. The only thing to do is to be open to change and growth and happier and healthier ways of life and the chakras will show that improvement.

It may sound like a lot of work... but taken one step at a time truly isn't and the rewards and well being from it are well worth the effort.

I've sent you a private message on how to balance your own chakras as well.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Seeker

Thank you for the message/info...it gives me a place to start. :)
Old 10-09-2011, 09:24 PM
iolite

Chakras are energy vortexes that are constantly taking in chi.

http://www.didgetherapy.com/chakras_...doo_sound.html
Old 10-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Master
Here's a simple description of the chakras and the colors associated with them.

http://www.threeheartscompany.com/chakra.html

Xan