Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 02-03-2011, 04:15 AM
Guide
Question Not Sure How I Should Feel...

I have experienced the "twinflame" thing, and I have felt everything everyone describes here. It was an emotional roller coaster and one the most difficult times in my life. He left a little over half a year ago, and it lasted for over 3 years. I feel like I'm in a much better place now, and I've learned so much from that experience. If anyone needs someone to talk to regarding twinsouls, feel free to message me - I've been through it all!

Now that that chapter of my life is over for now, I have continued living a much more spiritual life. I did love him with my whole heart, but I knew in my heart too that we could never be together in this life.
It was a difficult thing to accept for awhile. I want to fall in love again. But I'm a very feeling-oriented person, and I have a difficult time just letting anyone in my life. I have a great life now, I have always been very independent and one of the few people I know that is okay "on their own". I can't help but wanting a companion though. It's an urge inside of me and I can't put away any longer. That last experience consumed the majority of my last few years and I'm relieved in a way to be free of it. However, I'm also looking forward to finding someone to love that is also spiritual and a good person.

I have never had the desire to marry, or even to have a "family" like the traditional person does. I would much rather find someone I love and connect with, someone that understands my odd point of view. This life isn't about getting a high-paying job, finding the house with the white picketed fence, having the white dress wedding, then getting pregnant and taking my children to school. That's a lovely life, don't get me wrong - but I've come to the age and realization that that life isn't ideal for me.

I can feel it in my soul I am here to help people. I'm doing that in many small ways now. I used to think that I would just do it alone, be the independent soul that never needed anyone else. Now I can't deny this urge to have someone else with me in it. I almost wish I didn't have this feeling, but I can't deny it.

Does anyone else feel this way? I feel torn really, between the part of me that wants to avoid anymore heartbreak or hurt and be independent, be different - and the part of me that wants to love someone and feel that again.

Love and Light.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:57 AM
ringworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReason
I can feel it in my soul I am here to help people. I'm doing that in many small ways now. I used to think that I would just do it alone, be the independent soul that never needed anyone else. Now I can't deny this urge to have someone else with me in it. I almost wish I didn't have this feeling, but I can't deny it.
Love and Light.
You are here to help people? Then help them, help the animals, love those who never received love and the universe will return that love to you for sure. I experience it thats why I can definitely say this.
You said you are a very feeling oriented person, maybe thats the thing you need the control over. Channel your 'feelings' to the divine and the divine will give you the love 'you want' Be balanced as much as possible.
I personally don't label my relation with 'him' as a soul mate or twinflame etc but we met each other in a very unexpected, unusual and bizarre situation. We learnt the lessons before and still learning even after we met. Don't look at those 3 years as wasted time, maybe that time taught you so much more than what you realize now.
I hope it helps
*OM SHALOM*
Old 02-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringworld
You are here to help people? Then help them, help the animals, love those who never received love and the universe will return that love to you for sure. I experience it thats why I can definitely say this.
You said you are a very feeling oriented person, maybe thats the thing you need the control over. Channel your 'feelings' to the divine and the divine will give you the love 'you want' Be balanced as much as possible.
I personally don't label my relation with 'him' as a soul mate or twinflame etc but we met each other in a very unexpected, unusual and bizarre situation. We learnt the lessons before and still learning even after we met. Don't look at those 3 years as wasted time, maybe that time taught you so much more than what you realize now.
I hope it helps
*OM SHALOM*

I have been spreading love and help to as many people around me as I can at this present moment.
I don't feel that time is wasted at all, it's been a huge learning experience for me, and I like I said, am in a great place now from it. I don't consider him as my "twin soul" or any label, just simply someone that was set there to get me moving on my spiritual path faster and better.

It does sound like you had a similar experience, and I'm glad to hear you got as much out of that experience too. I will take your advice and channel my feelings to the Divine and trust.

Love and Light.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Experiencer
I am coming into this subject rather open and keeping aware that such a situation could come up for me. In another thread, I indicated a girlfriend told me I was her soulmate but it didn't click for me and and ended up not clicking for her after a few minor disagreements. With that in mind, and what is said in this thread, I think there is great opportunity to find another that can be compatibile in that regard. It may not happen immediately but keeping your heart open will allow another to fill the void the other left for you.

I do have to say, I have had close bonds with others in a spiritual fashion that I wanted to pursue but didn't because of the practicality of the situation. My sensibility kicked in and closed the door(s) to all of them. I try to be a sensitive and caring and loving person but I don't think I could shun the reasonability factor as I look at all aspects before delving into a potential relationship. My heart has been broken many times but I will not allow it to prevent me from having an everlasting relationship if it comes up - passing all marks and that includes chemistry and compatibility.

I don't know if the above helps but I wanted to share my own viewpoint on what I think I understand from this.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:38 AM
ringworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReason
I don't consider him as my "twin soul" or any label, just simply someone that was set there to get me moving on my spiritual path faster and better.
There you go, you got that right Every experience teaches us something and instead of waiting for love why don't we start giving love and that love will come back to us straight from the Divine in physical form and that my dear is the true love which will be with you forever.
*OM SHALOM*
Old 12-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Master
thanks for sharing your story with us. Why do you feel you have to "get married, buy a house, have children"? Not everyone does that or even wants those things.

If you truly don't want that, there is nothing wrong with it and you can still find a mate that doesn't want that either.

You will find a way to help people. You can start small or maybe find your calling in a working way.

As for opening up your heart again, that will happen when you least expect it to. Don't be afraid of it....Work on yourself first....it sounds like you already have.....

zipzip