Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 05-11-2011, 03:41 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Hi EarthMama,

I wish mine would convert (they're carnivores) as I am vegetarian - but it's a personal decision. I have noticed in families that are strictly meat and potatoes a child will come who only wants beans. I feel that this is related to past life and karma - that a child comes to a family to teach them to look at life from another view.

Best to you,
Uma

Maybe you are right on that idea. Interesting possibility.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Master
Oh my thanks for all the replies! I will be back on in later this afternoon to respond...Blessings, Cam/EarthMamma
Old 07-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Mlk

I decided to stop eating meat as a small child; I can't remember how I got the idea. Had to start again 20 years later (only occasionally) after figuring out I don't tolerate wheat or rice. Just don't let wheat be their main protein source- it can be dangerous.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:11 AM
Master
Wheat gives my dog violent seizures.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Mlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Wheat gives my dog violent seizures.
No dog should ever have wheat. They love pizza crust, but show your love by not giving it to them. Wheat/gluten can be the root cause of an endless list of physical and mental problems. Celiac disease and wheat allergies are becoming more common. If anyone, their kids, or their dogs have any mystery problems, they should seriously look into eliminating wheat.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlk
Celiac disease and wheat allergies are becoming more common. If anyone, their kids, or their dogs have any mystery problems, they should seriously look into eliminating wheat.
Interesting Mlk

The service I work for was supporting a client (in-house) and she disclosed she had Celiacs disease upon entry. This young girl was unable to tolerate wheat in any capacity and care needed to be taken to ensure the food other clients were consuming did not contaminate hers. All precautions were taken and she continued to have her levels checked each week and still there were traces of wheat detected in her system, which was obviously having an adverse effect on her health.
One day, she was in the children's room chatting to me, with her heat pack draped around her neck ... those paks you heat in the microwave ... those paks which are usually filled with wheat! And she wasn't even consuming it but simply having it around her neck and breathing in the powder was enough to create problems ..

Apologies if that went off topic a little ... just thought it worth mentioning ...
Old 10-11-2011, 11:41 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlk
I decided to stop eating meat as a small child; I can't remember how I got the idea. Had to start again 20 years later (only occasionally) after figuring out I don't tolerate wheat or rice. Just don't let wheat be their main protein source- it can be dangerous.

You started eating meat again because you have wheat/rice sensitivities? Why not just eliminate those products and eat everything else that has protein?

As far as dogs having food issues, maybe the problem is really that the packaged dog food is absolute and utter **** that often contains euthenised pets, road kill, etc. Switching dogs to a raw and natural diet that includes vegetables is better for them than simply switching to a dog food that doesn't have wheat.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Master
some packaged dog food is superb, organic and all - my dog has done fine on it since she was a puppy. the wheat issue happened when people gave her table scraps. giving raw meat can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing - salmonella, e-coli for starters... some people swear by it, but it isn't for us

ps some packaged dog food is healthier than some people food!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Mlk

[quote=DebbyM]You started eating meat again because you have wheat/rice sensitivities? Why not just eliminate those products and eat everything else that has protein?

QUOTE]

Because at that time, I also could not tolerate dairy, potatoes, eggplant, legumes, eggs, nuts, seeds, or even quinoa. "Could not tolerate" is a very pretty way to describe it. I spent hundreds of hours reading about celiac disease and leaky gut syndrome, and learned that due to the enlarged spaces between the cells of the sm. intestine (from damage caused by wheat), and the size and structure of these protein molecules, all these foods were activating the same autoimmune response as the wheat. If I ate too many oats or any one type of food, I could form a reaction to that. I tried goat milk and that didn't seem to work either.
I have had time to heal, but I will never eat a trace of wheat again (necessity), nor more than a trace amount of soy (informed choice made years ago). I might be able to eat rice and possibly dairy again someday.
For anyone interested in the wheat issue, I recommend reading an article called " The Dark Side of Wheat."
This will be my last time looking at this thread. I think I explained it as best I could.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Master
I don't have kids (obviously.. lol).. but my brother decided to become vegan shortly after he turned 19. He only kept it up for a few months for a few reasons: 1.) because his body was too weak without meat in his diet; 2.) he grew tired of cooking all these special animal-free meals; and 3.) he went to boot camp and therefore needed a diet that could maintain his energy.
Now he's back to eating meat again.
Many times I've considered ditching meat, but my body and metabolism need it. But I only try to eat it when I'm seriously craving it.. keeping the amount I consume minimal. I also bless the animal before I consume it... I'm not sure if that actually does anything, but I want the animal to know that I'm extremely grateful to it for helping nourish my body.