Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 03-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Master
Have any of your children - on their own - said they don't want to eat meat anymore?

My eldest -- almost 7 -- has recently said "my body doesn't want meat"... I'm seeing this more and more with him....

Additionally, he is aware of vegetarian diet via a friend (whose family is from India)and said he wants to be vegetarian..

We have also recently been having discussions (short ones here and there) about animals, the food chain & how things are on Earth at this time in this regard..

I've also shared with him that my feelings are conflicting in that I love animals, yet I do enjoy a good steak..

All our family is gradually headed in the direction of a much more vegetarian type lifestyle, but I was curious to know has anyone had this experience where they have not said ANYTHING about this subject, to their children, yet had them come to the decision on their own that meat is not for them??

I want to respect and honor his feelings about this, so I am interested to know how you might say to your children in this regard, how you transitioned from eating meat to going vegetarian and if you have seen what seems to me to be an unexplained shift
like this in your child/ren?

Thanks in advance for sharing...

Blessings to all..

Love, Cam/EarthMamma
Old 03-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Gracey

my eldest who is now 21, said when she was just 4, that she did not want to eat fish, cows or eggs because they were her friends. she is a natural vegan. i had to trick her to eat the stuff, back then i had no idea how to give her a proper vegan diet. these days she is sticking to her natural self. i say support your child, and learn the proper foods for your child to eat.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
my eldest who is now 21, said when she was just 4, that she did not want to eat fish, cows or eggs because they were her friends. she is a natural vegan. i had to trick her to eat the stuff, back then i had no idea how to give her a proper vegan diet. these days she is sticking to her natural self. i say support your child, and learn the proper foods for your child to eat.

Thanks so much for sharing, Gracey..

Aww.. That is precious...

And, I know what you mean about going about the diet properly.. For health reasons a couple decades ago I was vegetarian for 2.5 years but didn't educate myself about how to obtain all nutrients and ended up with a never ending appetite, easily bruising and hair loss..

I definitely will be supporting my sons' natural inclinations in every area of life, diet included... That is my goal..

Thank you again.. Blessings to you!

Cam/EM
Old 04-11-2011, 02:44 PM
yinepu

Hi Earthmama , i have 2 girls age 4 and 7.

My 7 year old at four and earlier stopped eating all meat, except sausage, cause who knows it didnt sound like meat haha .
But now she eats meat quite happily actually she loves meat.

However my youngest is very fussy and its very hard to get her to eat meat , or anything at all that isnt rice/bread/pasta/fruit/yoghurt.

Ive recently been following the "eat right for your blood type" and have found im a meat eater, which i cant say im not happy about , but i have yet to confirm my childrens , im waiting to go to doctors.... It will be interesting to see if perhaps my youngest is a more suited to a vegetarian diet. If so i will adhere to that concept.

My sister has been eating for her blood type for over 8 years and she has illiminated all her illnesses and problems she had prior. She is in her mid 4os now.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Administrator
When i was away on holiday in august i phoned home to see how my son was getting on he is 19 he said out of the blue that hes never going to eat meat again,
i didnt believe him as he loved meat,
but he hasnt toutched meat since,what bought this on with him i dont know but he wont even look at meat anymore,

Namaste
Old 05-11-2011, 01:04 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
When i was away on holiday in august i phoned home to see how my son was getting on he is 19 he said out of the blue that hes never going to eat meat again,
i didnt believe him as he loved meat,
but he hasnt toutched meat since,what bought this on with him i dont know but he wont even look at meat anymore,

Namaste

Have you ever asked him why he changed?
Old 05-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Guide
Yes,mine are strict vegetarian.
Light and grace.
Krishna.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMamma
My eldest -- almost 7 -- has recently said "my body doesn't want meat"... I'm seeing this more and more with him....

Additionally, he is aware of vegetarian diet via a friend (whose family is from India)and said he wants to be vegetarian..

We have also recently been having discussions (short ones here and there) about animals, the food chain & how things are on Earth at this time in this regard..

I've also shared with him that my feelings are conflicting in that I love animals, yet I do enjoy a good steak..

All our family is gradually headed in the direction of a much more vegetarian type lifestyle, but I was curious to know has anyone had this experience where they have not said ANYTHING about this subject, to their children, yet had them come to the decision on their own that meat is not for them??

I want to respect and honor his feelings about this, so I am interested to know how you might say to your children in this regard, how you transitioned from eating meat to going vegetarian and if you have seen what seems to me to be an unexplained shift
like this in your child/ren?

Thanks in advance for sharing...

Blessings to all..

Love, Cam/EarthMamma
My fiance did. He was about that age too. He just could not see eating these poor animals. Felt so bad for them. Has not eaten fish or meat since. He is very healthy and I really do respect him. I've eaten less and less meat because of him :)
Old 05-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Master
Hi EarthMama,

I wish mine would convert (they're carnivores) as I am vegetarian - but it's a personal decision. I have noticed in families that are strictly meat and potatoes a child will come who only wants beans. I feel that this is related to past life and karma - that a child comes to a family to teach them to look at life from another view.

Best to you,
Uma
Old 05-11-2011, 01:56 PM
mava

This is such an interesting thread! I don't have children, but am a vegetarian myself, and it's wonderful to see mothers supporting their children's decisions. :)