Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-12-2016, 07:13 AM
Newbie ;)

New

Hey everyone, so I am quit new to my abilities. I don't have really anyone who could understand, But I have been experiencing see loved ones and just random people who are passed away most of them I don't know. Also right before I go to sleep or if I'm very relaxed I see these almost like flashes of things that are happening or peoples faces and I don't really know what it means. Also I get these weird almost instinct feeling because it like I already know before my mind even realizes it that certain things will happen, and I also see auras.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to open myself up and be able to use it, As well as, anyone know what's some of this stuff is and if there are any cool things that I could do.
Thanks!
Old 19-12-2016, 06:59 PM
Master
What do you mean by seeing things? are you seeing things as if they were real or are you seeing them in your minds eye?

Do you mistake things that are not real, like do you think everyone can see it or do you recognize that only you can see it and that it shouldn't be there?

----

think of consciousness as like a temperature, when we are fully awake we run at 98 degrees or whatever. But pretend for this metaphor we sleep at a cool 70 degrees.

Imagine that the body has to go one degree at a time, and that each different temperature is a different level of consciousness. We don't wake up at 98 degrees, we are fully awake at 98 degrees. meaning we wake up in the morning at 80 or whatever the threshold for consciousness is, then we grow gradually more alert/less tired as we climb to 98. We can rocket up to 98 with effort, such as taking a cold shower, exercising, drinking coffee, but it feels like a strain, our natural way is to go slowly up and slowly down.

Now, for how this relates to you, when we fall asleep there are levels of consciousness that are between waking and not fully asleep yet. In the 1-5 minutes before we fall asleep, we are in a different state of consciousness that is not sleeping but not awake. It's in this altered state of consciousness that we can experience strange mental phenomenon. It's called a hypnagogic state and hallucinations are common in it, hallucinations that seem real because we still have some level of control in them because we are not fully asleep.

-----

We are on a 0.5 second delay from reality, meaning what happens in reality takes 0.5 seconds to consciously recognize. Meaning we know certain things "before they happen", but it's not actually so because we are aware of them 0.5 seconds before, our body has a 0.5 second chance to throw in some instincts and hormones allowing us to subconsciously recognize a threat and prepare the body in the 0.5 seconds before we can consciously recognoize something.

---------------------

Overall I don't see anything out of the ordinary yet. Are you communicating with these things or just seeing them? Communicating with them at will would be weird and out of the ordinary, in the realm of supernatural I would say.

the sleep stuff, normal.
instinct feelings, normal, although the 0.5 delay is a difficult concept to grasp.

------

What cool things can you do, you can explore them and ask the difficult questions like "are they real or all in my head", then you can answer them without bias. If you automatically search for the answer before asking the question then that should serve as an answer in itself.
Old 19-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaLee82
Hey everyone, so I am quit new to my abilities. I don't have really anyone who could understand, But I have been experiencing see loved ones and just random people who are passed away most of them I don't know. Also right before I go to sleep or if I'm very relaxed I see these almost like flashes of things that are happening or peoples faces and I don't really know what it means. Also I get these weird almost instinct feeling because it like I already know before my mind even realizes it that certain things will happen, and I also see auras.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to open myself up and be able to use it, As well as, anyone know what's some of this stuff is and if there are any cool things that I could do.
Thanks!

Hi Erica,

Welcome to the forum, happy to have you on board. Very common, I think many are just more attuned to their surroundings or deeply empath. Also, many individuals will goes through growth periods, or "spiritual awakenings' and start having all sorts of peculiar super natural type experiences, many times, awareness is simply just expanding.

Spirituality has a wide spectrum of areas you can explore;, from Divinity to metaphysics, I personally would start with subjects on metaphysics. Know you aren't alone, my greatest lesson was to not resist what I was feeling. Face it head on without fear or judgement, it also helps to surround yourself with people you can identify with.
Hopefully, others can chime in on their experiences.
Old 19-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaLee82
Thanks!

The only thing you need to do, is to allow yourself through a thought or word, to experience more and more of what you are currently experiencing. That way you will grow. It's all about how far you are willing to go with it.

Sounds like you are quite in tune :)
Enjoy!